Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 05-16-2008, 05:02 PM   #16
geeare

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAEMORRHAGE View Post
Hehe, old silly threads. I do love me some Dokken though.
haha, ya I didn't realize how old this thread was until you mentioned it. I should pay more attention to the dates. Anyway, perhaps I should start a new one to get my question out there, or maybe someone will pop in and know the answer to my question.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:06 PM   #17
boycrieswolf

...I seem to recall the "into the fire" track as well, but it's been a long long time. I don't have the big box set with all the Nightmare films or I would check into that. Let me know what you find. Cheers!
Old 05-16-2008, 05:42 PM   #18
geeare

Quote:
Originally Posted by boycrieswolf View Post
...I seem to recall the "into the fire" track as well, but it's been a long long time. I don't have the big box set with all the Nightmare films or I would check into that. Let me know what you find. Cheers!
I do have the box set but I am at work and am going from here fishing all weekend so hopefully I will remember when i get back. I think it IS "into the fire" on the DVD track but i'd like to know what the other tune was on the other version i saw of the film.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:10 PM   #19
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeare View Post
I do have the box set but I am at work and am going from here fishing all weekend so hopefully I will remember when i get back. I think it IS "into the fire" on the DVD track but i'd like to know what the other tune was on the other version i saw of the film.

I think it was always Into the Fire playing but could be wrong.
I have the old, first vhs with the Dokken sticker on front (from Media), but my vcr is dead (at least it was last time I tried it).

Some info from imdb (for what it's worth. 51% chance it's right)

The VHS cassette released by Media Home Entertainment in the 1980s features a different song in the beginning instead of Dokken's "Into the Fire." The 'unknown' song heard is "Quiet Cool" by Joe Lamont and substituted in place of the Dokken song. The US DVD re-instates the original song back into the film.

On the first VHS release, the music video for the film's title song "Dream Warriors" by Dokken appears after the closing credits.

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:12 PM   #20
Vlachio

Not that anyone gives a hoot. I'm not a big fan of glam but I have always liked Dokken alot. I've given they're last 4 albums a spin and they were bad bad bad. That's bad as in terrible versus good. I have though heard that the new album is very good. I saw Dokken with Poison several years ago. I do believe it was during they're SHADOW LIFE tour. They sounded pretty bad live and not GOOD bad either. I guess everyone sounds awesome in the studio. One band on that tour who blew my mind away were Cinderella. Do any of you still care for them at all? Also why no new album wtf gives?
Old 05-16-2008, 10:54 PM   #21
HAEMORRHAGE
If he dies, he dies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlachio View Post
Not that anyone gives a hoot. I'm not a big fan of glam but I have always liked Dokken alot. I've given they're last 4 albums a spin and they were bad bad bad. That's bad as in terrible versus good. I have though heard that the new album is very good. I saw Dokken with Poison several years ago. I do believe it was during they're SHADOW LIFE tour. They sounded pretty bad live and not GOOD bad either. I guess everyone sounds awesome in the studio. One band on that tour who blew my mind away were Cinderella. Do any of you still care for them at all? Also why no new album wtf gives?

I saw that tour too. Summer of 2000: Poison, Cinderella, Dokken, and Slaughter. Great show. I've been a long time Cinderella fan. I've had the Night Songs cassette since it came out in 1987 ...... yes, I got it when I was 6, haha. Saw Cinderella again in 2002 on a headlining tour, again, great show.

And if anyone's looking for any Dokken video, they put them all on one DVD that most Best Buy's have for pretty cheap. All the old Dokken singles are classic, I listen to em all the time!
Old 05-17-2008, 06:39 AM   #22
thrashard76

Dream Warriors (video)

I remember seeing the movie without the Into The Fire song and later finding out that it was altered. I've never seen Part 3 with the song clip intact. But I have seen the Dream Warriors vid that was tacked on at the end of the movie credits. Good vid and song by the way.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:39 AM   #23
VideoViolence

The video is on dvd. It's part of a Dokken dvd called Unchain The Night. The dvd has footage of a concert, footage shot by the band on, off and backstage. Plus interviews and these videos:

Walk Away
Dream Warriors
Heaven Sent
Burning Like A Flame
Old 05-18-2008, 04:15 AM   #24
Vlachio

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAEMORRHAGE View Post
I saw that tour too. Summer of 2000: Poison, Cinderella, Dokken, and Slaughter. Great show. I've been a long time Cinderella fan. I've had the Night Songs cassette since it came out in 1987 ...... yes, I got it when I was 6, haha. Saw Cinderella again in 2002 on a headlining tour, again, great show.

And if anyone's looking for any Dokken video, they put them all on one DVD that most Best Buy's have for pretty cheap. All the old Dokken singles are classic, I listen to em all the time!

Yeah that was quite some time ago.

I'm not a big fan of music videos but I did see that Dokken DVD at walmart.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:31 AM   #25
thrashard76

Amazon.com
Dokken: Unchain the Night includes a cluster of music videos augmented by footage of the heavy metal group on tour a couple decades back, all of which comprised the band’s 1986 home video, Unchain the Night. There’s also a handful of extra videos and an entertaining, 2006 interview with Don Dokken and Mick Brown as they recall funny anecdotes from glory days. In fact, almost everything about the 1986 production, including the music performances and videos, is obsessed with touring: the sacrifices, the loneliness, the madness of it all. There are exceptions, such as "Into the Fire," with its wintry, romantic look, but most of what’s here is more like the unsettling "The Hunter," which presents the image of a touring rocker as a lone wolf, looking for sanctuary but dogged and captured by malevolent forces. "Break the Chains" is partially shot in a crazy, long hallway with the band banging into lanterns, but then weirdly includes the super-imposed image of a girl quoting from a letter the song denounces as insincere. "Alone Again" is another of those between-gigs visions of woeful isolation on the road. It all would be wearing if it weren’t for the obvious wit and intelligence of Dokken and Brown, both then and now. New videos include the interesting "Heaven Sent," which has a certain dream logic to it. --Tom Keogh

Product Description
Dokken ruled the charts and airwaves in the '80s with a trio of platinum albums powered by an unforgettable mix of metal and melody. UNCHAIN THE NIGHT is the DVD debut of the band's platinum-certified first home video featuring their hit music video clips "Into The Fire" "Just Got Lucky" "Alone Again" and much more. The DVD is expanded with previously unreleased videos including the onetime MTV staple/Nightmare On Elm Street theme "Dream Warriors" and the DVD also includes new expanded interviews with the band.

Track Listing:
Into The Fire
Just Got Lucky
Breaking The Chains
Alone Again
The Hunter
In My Dreams
It's Not Love
Walk Away
Dream Warriors
Heaven Sent
Burning Like A Flame
Old 09-15-2013, 02:04 AM   #26
Franco
Weekender

Just in case, here is the torrent for Back for the Attack album by Dokken from 1987 where this song is featured as the last track:

http://thepiratebay.sx/torrent/87744...ack_%5BFLAC%5D

Been revisiting NOES 3 these days
Old 09-15-2013, 03:50 AM   #27
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco View Post
Been revisiting NOES 3 these days
Me too actually...It's easily the best of the sequels (even though I love love love Freddy's Revenge) and may even be better than the original. The transfer looks pretty good on the BD too.

Also had to pick this up:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	$(KGrHqNHJCEFIMsq!ZlIBSJEh!v4yw~~60_57.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	243.3 KB
ID:	6525  
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 02:21 AM   #28
Franco
Weekender

Do you guys know any other bands that sound similar to Dokken? I totally loved the Back for the Attack album!

I've been through the soundtrack for Trick or Treat by Fastway and love it as well.