Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 05-12-2012, 02:44 AM   #151
Katatonia
Master of Doom

42nd Street Forever Blu-ray review: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/42nd-S.../39443/#Review

Quote:
I am told that the DVD releases of 42nd Street Forever, Volumes 1 & 2, apparently contain a few trailers that are not on the Blu-ray.
Can anyone confirm the above?

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:09 PM   #152
nateynate87
Victim

Yup he is correct. Just off the top of my head The Legend of Nigger Charley is not on the blu ray.
nateynate87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:01 PM   #153
crikan
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
42nd Street Forever Blu-ray review: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/42nd-S.../39443/#Review

Can anyone confirm the above?
The list of trailers that did and didn't make the cut can be found here.
crikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:44 AM   #154
Dobby
HackMaster

Folks spot check your blu ray my disc is completely rotting. Make sure you have a good light source like a lamp shade. I guess the disc works OK for now but it just a matter of time. I doubt mine is the only disc fucked up with dots all over it. I got a feeling everybody got a rotted disc quite sure of that. Ow well can't win em all but you all need to check your disc peeps. Don't bother trying to wipe it off the problem is inside the disc. There is no way to remove the rotting off the disc arrgh. I'm on a fooking roll first that nailgun massacre crappy tape now this LOL! As long as this disc works guess I'll just live with it dope!
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:57 AM   #155
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Nope, just checked and mine is okay Dobby. Maybe you can try contacting Don if you can't return it for an exchange? I'm sure he'd take care of it.

I have seen some of those little dots on some Blu-rays before however. I've heard that it's not actually going to affect the actual layer with the data pressed on it, it's just a manufacturing thing that happens once in as while...and shouldn't cause any playback issues.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:36 AM   #156
Dobby
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
Nope, just checked and mine is okay Dobby. Maybe you can try contacting Don if you can't return it for an exchange? I'm sure he'd take care of it.

I have seen some of those little dots on some Blu-rays before however. I've heard that it's not actually going to affect the actual layer with the data pressed on it, it's just a manufacturing thing that happens once in as while...and shouldn't cause any playback issues.
If I tried selling this oh hell yeah the person would notice it. The dots and light scratches that look like rot are very visible. Not sure what to make of it just wasted my cash on this junk. Ow well live and learn when it stops playing it just stops life goes on. Will probably not be so quick buying Synapse products any time soon. I would have never noticed if not for the big ass finger smudge in the middle ring. That's what originally caught my eye and made me flip the disc. I also have no idea how to contact Synapse at all. Not sure I want the hassle nor do I want to invest anymore cash.
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:36 AM   #157
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
If I tried selling this oh hell yeah the person would notice it. The dots and light scratches that look like rot are very visible. Not sure what to make of it just wasted my cash on this junk. Ow well live and learn when it stops playing it just stops life goes on. Will probably not be so quick buying Synapse products any time soon. I would have never noticed if not for the big ass finger smudge in the middle ring. That's what originally caught my eye and made me flip the disc. I also have no idea how to contact Synapse at all. Not sure I want the hassle nor do I want to invest anymore cash.
See, that's exactly what I hate. Sure it might play now...but if I ever wanted to sell it in the future I'd have a rough time since the condition is flawed.

I'd go ahead and send a note through Synapse's website here and see what they say.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:18 PM   #158
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

Quote:
See this kind of attitude kind of irks me.

It's entirely possible you just got a bad disc, not necessarily that they all are bad. I'd see your point if this was say, you're second or third copy and they all shared the same problems; but this is the only one you have, and I can bet money that Synapse would replace it for you free of charge.

I got a copy of MANIAC COP back when the DVD came out and the disc was actually cracked from the middle to just near the edge. I actually didn't go to watch the movie till about two weeks later which meant I could no longer return it. All I did was mention this to Don and how I had to go get another copy and he offered to send one out to me right away, all I had to do was send him my defective disc which is the standard practice for any company.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:14 PM   #159
crikan
HackMaster

Quote:
Folks spot check your blu ray my disc is completely rotting. Make sure you have a good light source like a lamp shade.
Mine is flawless.
crikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:17 AM   #160
Undeadcow
Stalker

Red Scorpion pre-order is down to $15 at Amazon.
Undeadcow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:27 AM   #161
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

Preorder now up for Synapse's BASKET CASE 3, coming 10/9.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ag=cinema09-20

bruce h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:42 AM   #162
Undeadcow
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce h View Post
Preorder now up for Synapse's BASKET CASE 3, coming 10/9.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ag=cinema09-20
...Is this to be standard definition DVD only? Bad news, although I'm grateful for any release with proper OAR.
Undeadcow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:57 AM   #163
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Pass...a day late, and a penny short, Synapse.

Second Sight is releasing the Basket Case Trilogy on LE BD Steelbook, fuck yeah! And its Region Free.

Last edited by Chomp; 08-03-2012 at 04:10 AM.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:34 AM   #164
MisterTwister
HackMaster

Good to see Synapse is finally releasing this!
Old 08-03-2012, 01:15 PM   #165
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

Synapse better get with the program - Second Sight (and other labels) are doing bigger and better things with movies and even coming up with better packaging. I'm way more excited over a Basket Case trilogy steelbook than a single film in a generic eco-pak. Ugh!!
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote