Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 08-03-2012, 03:05 PM   #166
FulciLuvver
Screamy Bopper

Synapse better get with the program?!

So apparently extras-loaded editions of TWINS OF EVIL, RED SCORPION, INTRUDER, VAMPIRE CIRCUS, THOU SHALT NOT KILL EXCEPT, not to mention upcoming packed Blu-Rays of STREET TRASH, HANDS OF THE RIPPER, COUNTESS DRACULA and others don't qualify for the "program"

How do we know that Synapse doesn't have plans for BASKET CASE 2 and 3 for Blu later on with special features and all that?

Look I don't work for them or anything, and they don't need me to defend them, but what a bunch of snarky BS some people on here are giving them over one single release.
FulciLuvver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:39 PM   #167
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FulciLuvver View Post
Synapse better get with the program?!

So apparently extras-loaded editions of TWINS OF EVIL, RED SCORPION, INTRUDER, VAMPIRE CIRCUS, THOU SHALT NOT KILL EXCEPT, not to mention upcoming packed Blu-Rays of STREET TRASH, HANDS OF THE RIPPER, COUNTESS DRACULA and others don't qualify for the "program"

How do we know that Synapse doesn't have plans for BASKET CASE 2 and 3 for Blu later on with special features and all that?

Look I don't work for them or anything, and they don't need me to defend them, but what a bunch of snarky BS some people on here are giving them over one single release.

Whoa, whoa, don't get your panties in a bunch dude. Stop for a minute. I'm not a Synapse-hater. I just wish they were a bit more creative with their packaging choices, that's all. Some of us appreciate when our favorite films come in steelbooks, digibooks, whatever - it just makes the release a little more "special".

EDIT: Many people "don't give a shit" about packaging - that's fine. Some people won't even blink twice if their discs came in sleeves made out of toilet paper - that's OK too. But some of us like special packaging. That's not a crime.

Last edited by elDomenechHDG; 08-03-2012 at 04:06 PM.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:56 PM   #168
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

I'll wait till I see what special features the Second Sight release has before I condemn the Synapse release. I love what Synapse has been doing with obscure films, but I want a release with the most interesting special features. Once I know which release that is, then I'll either grab the Second Sight trilogy or Synapse BC 3 (along with their previous BC 2 release that I don't yet own). And I, for one, don't give a shit about packaging. Packaging is not even a factor in whether or not I buy a release. I'd rather things be in a standard case for uniformity.
fattyjoe37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:45 PM   #169
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

The Second Sight Blu Ray BC Trilogy is chock full of extras including a brand new docu/interviews that were commisioned from Severin...I am pretty positive it will be in HD too.

BC3 was on Synapse's release schedule ever since BC2 was released. Sucks they are now finally releasing it...I'm sure they would have released it sooner but they ran into a few roadblocks...now they are peobably going to lose out on a bunch of sales due to the Steelbook...nature of the biz I guess.

Last edited by Chomp; 08-03-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:40 PM   #170
Darga
Narcissistic Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
Folks spot check your blu ray my disc is completely rotting. Make sure you have a good light source like a lamp shade. I guess the disc works OK for now but it just a matter of time. I doubt mine is the only disc fucked up with dots all over it. I got a feeling everybody got a rotted disc quite sure of that. Ow well can't win em all but you all need to check your disc peeps. Don't bother trying to wipe it off the problem is inside the disc. There is no way to remove the rotting off the disc arrgh. I'm on a fooking roll first that nailgun massacre crappy tape now this LOL! As long as this disc works guess I'll just live with it dope!
Did you ever contact Don through the Synapse website? They did quick job of replacing my defective Vampire Circus Blu ray.
Darga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:18 PM   #171
X-human
I ate my keys

Basket Case 3 has been in development for so long I wouldn't be surprised if Synapse had DVD only licensing. So as much as I love Synapse I have to agree that this is a day late and a penny short. DVD only when a Blu-ray is coming out from somebody else? Not too interested in that.

Chomp what roadblocks are you aware of? I'm sure Don didn't intend to have it this late out the gate so I'd but curious what the explanation is.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:21 AM   #172
Ash28M
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darga View Post
Did you ever contact Don through the Synapse website? They did quick job of replacing my defective Vampire Circus Blu ray.
What was wrong with your blu ray i haven't watched mine yet.
Ash28M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:29 AM   #173
buck135
The Duke of New York

The fact that Synapse is releasing Hammer films on Blu-ray that look gorgeous is special enough for me.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:07 AM   #174
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Since we're on the Basket Case topic, does anyone know the cheapest place to order the steelbook?
Old 09-02-2012, 04:47 AM   #175
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Review the Hammer House Of Horror Complete Series:

http://www.mondo-digital.com/hammerhouse.html
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:11 AM   #176
Darga
Narcissistic Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash28M View Post
What was wrong with your blu ray i haven't watched mine yet.
Sorry, Ash28M- just seeing your post now. I had mine for several months and when I finally popped it in to watch it it just wouldn't load. I tried it on several players and never got it to work, so finally contacted Don and was able to get a replacement. I'm the only person I know who's had this problem, but you might want to check yours out just to make sure.
Darga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:41 PM   #177
MorallySound
There is no magic.

The Definitive Document of the Dead is coming in November! Roy Frumkes has been working on an updated version of his original Dawn of the Dead documentary over the last decade and it's finally hitting the streets. I've been waiting for this thing since I ran into Frumkes in 2007 at a convention where Romero was a guest and he was filming a lot of interviews and such there.

Quote:
THE DEFINITIVE DOCUMENT OF THE DEAD is a re-edited, remastered edition of Roy Frumkes’ portrait of George A. Romero, framed as a behind-the-scenes look at his 1979 classic DAWN OF THE DEAD. This version contains a wealth of new, exclusive material, including additional interviews with Romero’s family and friends, candid on-set footage from TWO EVIL EYES, LAND OF THE DEAD, DIARY OF THE DEAD and SURVIVAL OF THE DEAD and other surprises, plus a fresh audio commentary by Frumkes.
Plus another new Synapse release: Asylum (aka I Want to Be A Gangster). All the rest of the info in the link below:

http://www.fangoria.com/index.php/ho...m-from-synapse

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:23 PM   #178
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorallySound View Post
The Definitive Document of the Dead is coming in November! Roy Frumkes has been working on an updated version of his original Dawn of the Dead documentary over the last decade and it's finally hitting the streets. I've been waiting for this thing since I ran into Frumkes in 2007 at a convention where Romero was a guest and he was filming a lot of interviews and such there
AHHHHHHH! Awesome news! Day one! Thanks for the post Morally Sound!
Old 09-06-2012, 12:21 AM   #179
Demoni
HackMaster

If I recall, the original "Document of the Dead" was 90 minutes and was shot over a weekend... so if this "update" was 10 years in the making what will the running time be?
Demoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:02 AM   #180
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoni View Post
If I recall, the original "Document of the Dead" was 90 minutes and was shot over a weekend... so if this "update" was 10 years in the making what will the running time be?
Yeah, I'm real curious to know the differences between this new version and the original to determine if it's worth a purchase or not.