Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 10-06-2012, 02:58 AM   #196
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

December pre-orders up:

Chiller: The Complete Series:
The television series Chiller was a five episode horror anthology that aired in the UK in 1995. Presented here for the first time in the U.S., these supernatural shockers feature malevolent spirits, a brutal serial killer and a haunted house set in contemporary England. Starring many of Britain's leading actors like Nigel Havers (Chariots of Fire, TV's Coronation Street), Martin Clunes (UK's Men Behaving Badly), Sophie Ward (Young Sherlock Holmes) and Kevin McNally (Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean series), this compelling collection will leave you chilled to the bone! Episodes include PROPHECY, TOBY, HERE COMES THE MIRROR MAN, THE MAN WHO DIDN'T BELIEVE IN GHOSTS and NUMBER SIX.
DVD: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ag=cinema09-20

I Love It From Behind:
A young girl named Mimei is working hard to get as many man-hood prints as possible. She's been collecting these works of art since high school, and her goal is to get 100 prints before her arranged marriage within the next month. Seeking help from her lesbian friends Masumi and Rei, she begins chasing various men around Japan. Mimei finally gets her last man and is met with a challenge! He'll allow her to make a print of his man-hood only if she can make him achieve ultimate ecstasy. She accepts, but finds out getting what she needs is a lot more difficult than she imagined! I LOVE IT FROM BEHIND! is jaw-dropping, naughty and fun!

Sex Hunter: Wet Target:
While rotting away in jail, Okamoto learns of the death of his beloved sister, Natsuko. Violently assaulted by a group of U.S. military men during a drunken joyride, she was found dead by local authorities. Haunted by the tragedy, Okamoto escapes from jail to hunt down and kill those who destroyed the life of his sister. What he uncovers during his investigation is much more horrifying than he could ever imagine! Fueled by rage, he meets the killers one by one as the film explodes into an unbelievable climax of bloodshed. A classic, violent thriller from the vaults of Nikkatsu Pictures, SEX HUNTER: WET TARGET is one of the most controversial entries in their erotic films series.
bruce h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:19 AM   #197
X-human
I ate my keys

Synapse Films on Facebook:
Quote:
Just letting everyone know... after many days of non-stop invoicing and packing, as of right now, all the "preorders" for our DEFINITIVE DOCUMENT OF THE DEAD LE BD/DVD COMBO (Synapse Films Website Exclusive) have been shipped (well, except for the two or three folks that didn't put all their information in their order, so we cannot even contact them to find out where they live)! Whew! What a crazy last few days it has been. It's not sold out quite yet of the 1500, but it's whittling down nicely!
I've heard reports of people getting theirs already too.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:27 AM   #198
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-human View Post
I've heard reports of people getting theirs already too.
I received my DVD/BD combo today as well. Big thanks to Morally Sound again for making me aware of this!
Old 11-14-2012, 01:27 PM   #199
Gore Lunatic
Violenza Carnale

Received mine yesterday. I haven't watched this since I got the original DVD several years ago. Looking forward to watching this in HD.

Last edited by Gore Lunatic; 11-14-2012 at 01:30 PM.
Gore Lunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:01 PM   #200
fceurich39
HackMaster

dont really care about this new remastered reeditied doc i just want the dawn of the dead ultimate edition on blu
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:52 AM   #201
buck135
The Duke of New York

I just finished watching this. The blu-ray is great. They did a nice job in restoring the original documentary. The DVD is a mixed bag. There are some pleasent suprises, such as Judy O'Dea, Lori Cardille, Greg Nicotero and Tom Savini among many others. Frumkes is on the set for Land, Diary & Survival. Then there is needless footage of the classic "Night of the Giving Head." It's safe to say this isn't a documentary that you will want the kids around when you're watching it. The addition of Romero's daughter was the best part of the new addition. To sum it up, it's hard to sell something as the definate version when you need to obtain the Arrow Dawn Blu-ray since this new DVD doesn't have the Lost Interview. The Arrow Dawn Blu-ray also has deleted scenes which were placed within this new updated interview. Bottom line, you need both.

Last edited by buck135; 11-15-2012 at 04:55 AM.
buck135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:47 PM   #202
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

Quote:
it's hard to sell something as the definate version when you need to obtain the Arrow Dawn Blu-ray since this new DVD doesn't have the Lost Interview. The Arrow Dawn Blu-ray also has deleted scenes which were placed within this new updated interview. Bottom line, you need both.
Didn't the old Synapse version have all this stuff, too?

Here's a little pic of my DEFINITIVE DOCUMENT OF THE DEAD cameo, haha. (I'm walking by in the background at the DEAD Trilogy hotel party.)

Old 11-18-2012, 02:49 PM   #203
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

Mondo Digital reviews:

DEFINITIVE DOCUMENT OF THE DEAD:
http://www.mondo-digital.com/documentdead.html

SCHOOLGIRL REPORT 9: MATURE BEFORE GRADUATION:
http://www.mondo-digital.com/schoolgirl9.html
Old 11-18-2012, 04:17 PM   #204
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce h View Post
Didn't the old Synapse version have all this stuff, too?
Nope. Only the deleted scenes. Not the interviews with Romero, Savini and Adrienne Barbeau.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:49 PM   #205
fallon6190
Victim

Got mine this past Friday. Havent had a chance to watch it yet.
fallon6190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:35 PM   #206
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Am I glad I got the exclusive Blu-ray for Definitive Document of the Dead because the new cut of the doc, the so-called "Definitive" version is pretty bad... All of the new footage is shoddily placed and really doesn't offer too much insight other than cast members re-uniting and some funny family stories from Tina Romero. So having the Blu-ray of the School of Visual Arts 16mm version more than makes up for it because if I just got the stand-alone DVD of this "Definitive" version it'd be going up for sale.

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:59 PM   #207
17thJuggalo
HackMaster

Gotta agree, the "definitive" version is pretty bad. There's no transition between the various time periods of the documentary so it may be confusing for people that aren't hardcore fans. I haven't seen the Blu version of Document yet, but I've always liked that documentary so I don't mind that I picked this up.
17thJuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:39 PM   #208
X-human
I ate my keys

Synapse Films update on Facebook:
Quote:
You know, I'm in a REALLY great mood today. Knowing what I know now, and the giant release(s) bomb that Synapse is about to drop, I have to do everything in my power to not just blurt out the names of a couple awesome titles we just acquired. Soon folks... very soon. But not soon enough for the speculation to get wildly out of control. Hahah!
Let the speculation begin, shall we?

I'm going with NotLD/Dawn. Maybe. We know Dawn and Martin are up for grabs. I don't know the true state of Night. I'm confident about Dawn, someone has to have that one and I'm sure Don would go all in on it. (Not so much on Day) Night would make an obvious pairing. I may be focusing too much on "a couple."

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:12 PM   #209
Drinkinstein
Stalker

I'm hoping he's picked up some of the US rights to a few more Hammer releases!
Drinkinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:15 PM   #210
spawningblue
Deadite

I'm thinking Demons/ Demons 2. They seem to release a lot of the same titles as Arrow and with Arrow recently releasing these as well as Anchor bay losing their rights... just makes sense.

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote