Old 06-15-2013, 03:21 PM   #271
SickNick89
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepred View Post
Synapse just posted this on their FB:

then hinted

Maybe Sleepaway Camp 2?
I really really want the original Sleepaway Camp on blu. So many of these titles have been issued over and over but SC has had only one standard def release that was cut back in 2000. SC is def at the top of my want on blu list.

My DVD Collection:
http://sicknick.dvdaf.com/
SickNick89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:01 PM   #272
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

I would love to see either The Mutilator, Madman or Silent Night, Deadly Night, but any of those are wishful thinking. Does anyone know who the rights to Sleepaway Camp belong to now? I doubt it's still with Anchor Bay.

Last edited by Mikey Horror; 06-15-2013 at 06:09 PM.
Mikey Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:51 PM   #273
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Horror View Post
I would love to see either The Mutilator, Madman or Silent Night, Deadly Night, but any of those are wishful thinking. Does anyone know who the rights to Sleepaway Camp belong to now? I doubt it's still with Anchor Bay.
Someone said the first SLEEPAWAY CAMP ended up with Universal, which makes zero sense. I believe 2 and 3 are with MGM as I've seen them airing them in HD on their channel before. Unless they just have TV rights.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:59 PM   #274
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismac87 View Post
Someone said the first SLEEPAWAY CAMP ended up with Universal, which makes zero sense. I believe 2 and 3 are with MGM as I've seen them airing them in HD on their channel before. Unless they just have TV rights.
Well if Universal has it, I'm not holding my breath for a blu-ray, unless Scream Factory can get ahold of it. Scream has released Universal and MGM movies so far so it'd be AMAZING if they could release a blu-ray box set.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:06 PM   #275
elDomenechHDG
Maniac

There's something very wrong with a major studio ending up with the rights to a slasher film. Most of them don't give a fuck about their own catalog. What would Universal do with Sleepaway Camp? Did market research tell them they should make horror-comedy American Pie-style remakes out of it?
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:12 PM   #276
Jeremy
Closet SCREAM fan

If, by some accident of mergers and acquisitions, the home video rights to SLEEPAWAY CAMP are with Universal, then that's actually pretty good news for any company like Shout! that might want to release a new disc. In contrast to studios like Paramount and MGM, whose licensing policies are on again/off again in nature, Universal has traditionally been very open when it comes to third party home video licensing of its films, and it's been that way for decades. In fact, I still have Goodtimes Home Video releases from the 1980's of Universal-owned films like CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON. They've also done plenty of licensing deals with Criterion, Image, Anchor Bay, Shout! and others.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:48 PM   #277
elDomenechHDG
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
If, by some accident of mergers and acquisitions, the home video rights to SLEEPAWAY CAMP are with Universal, then that's actually pretty good news for any company like Shout! that might want to release a new disc. In contrast to studios like Paramount and MGM, whose licensing policies are on again/off again in nature, Universal has traditionally been very open when it comes to third party home video licensing of its films, and it's been that way for decades. In fact, I still have Goodtimes Home Video releases from the 1980's of Universal-owned films like CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON. They've also done plenty of licensing deals with Criterion, Image, Anchor Bay, Shout! and others.

While this is true, I really wish they would let other labels also license their other perceived "better titles", like DEATH BECOMES HER, THE UNINVITED and MIDNIGHT RUN. It seems that they have no idea how to handle these films and believe, in error, that simply releasing them on DVD or Blu-ray without cleaning up the transfers or producing extras is good enough. Midnight Run is a classic, great film and yet it's only available as a bare-bones DVD that's at least 6 years old. WTF?!
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:25 PM   #278
WesReviews
HackMaster

If rumors are to be believed, To All a Goodnight was purchased at one of the various film markets by MGM a few years back. Why they purchased it, and what they have done with it since, remain a mystery. Pretty sure this one wasn't even on Netflix.

Of course, could just be rumor. But if true, that's another situation where a smaller, forgotten slasher film was bought by a major studio.

Oh, The Horror! Reviews - Horror movie reviews... all decades, all sub-genres.
ACTION ALLIANCE - Action film talk with action film fans.

"Life differs from the play only in this... it has no plot, all is vague, desultory, unconnected till the curtain drops with the mystery unsolved." - Edward George Bulwer-Lytton
WesReviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:19 PM   #279
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

Reviews of the July Nikkatsu titles (NURSE DIARY: WICKED FINGER & HORNY WORKING GIRL: FROM 5 TO 9) up at Mondo Digital:

http://www.mondo-digital.com/wickedfinger.html

bruce h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:50 PM   #280
SpaceAce
Stalker

Yeah a sleepaway camp blu (and better yet, a box set of all 4 films...let's not count the survivor) would be great.
SpaceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:13 PM   #281
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

Another pair of Nikkatsu pinku eiga announced for September 10th:

HORNY DIVER: TIGHT SHELLFISH
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ag=cinema09-20

STORY OF WHITE COAT: INDECENT ACTS
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ag=cinema09-20

Old 07-27-2013, 12:01 PM   #282
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

NURSE DIARY: WICKED FINGER review at Rock!Shock!Pop!

http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/c...-Wicked-Finger

Old 08-03-2013, 01:29 AM   #283
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

HORNY WORKING GIRL: FROM 5 TO 9 at Rock!Shock!Pop!

http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/c...rl-From-5-To-9

Old 08-09-2013, 03:12 AM   #284
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

THE ODD ANGRY SHOT reviewed at Mondo Digital:

http://www.mondo-digital.com/oddangry.html

Old 08-11-2013, 04:05 AM   #285
Nailwraps
HackMaster

The Long Weekend announced for Blu-ray!:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=11873

"Independent distributors Synapse Films have revealed that they are preparing a Blu-ray release of Australian director Colin Eggleston's Long Weekend (1978), starring John Hargreaves, Briony Behets, and Mike McEwen. The release is expected to arrive on the U.S. market later this year.

Attempting to resurrect their failing marriage, Peter (Hargreaves) and Marcia (Behets) set out on a camping trip to a deserted stretch of Australian coastline in the hope that a long weekend in the sunshine will help them patch their differences.

They are a careless couple, littering the countryside with garbage, shooting guns and even driving away after wounding a kangaroo with their automobile. Their callous disregard for the environment soon becomes apparent when the animals start to seek vengeance.

Marcia and Peter have proved themselves to be destroyers of nature. Will the animals allow them to leave or will they be destroyed?"
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote