Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 09-13-2013, 05:35 PM   #301
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepred View Post
I would love if it was Phantasm or Suspiria!
Phantasm would be nice. Suspiria, on the other hand, would be coronary-inducing. God damn I hope that's it.

however, Don's reference to meeting and speaking with the director seems to make Phatasm a more likely contender than Suspiria.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:12 PM   #302
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

Phantasm is awesome but it's not the kind of film to pursue for 20 years and make someone misty-eyed. My money is on DAWN OF THE DEAD.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:24 PM   #303
delicreep
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
Phantasm would be nice. Suspiria, on the other hand, would be coronary-inducing. God damn I hope that's it.

however, Don's reference to meeting and speaking with the director seems to make Phatasm a more likely contender than Suspiria.
Considering that Don's interests and career are decidedly genre-related, meeting Argento is hardly out of the question.
delicreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:52 PM   #304
Steel76
Maniac

"Suspiria", "Phantasm", "Dawn" would be great, but Im actually hoping for something more epic, that hasnt had a billion releases the last decades.

Though, If I had to choose one of the above, Id go for "Phantasm"

Imagine the chock if it was "The Mutilator" hehe
Old 09-13-2013, 06:53 PM   #305
WesReviews
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicreep View Post
Considering that Don's interests and career are decidedly genre-related, meeting Argento is hardly out of the question.
Not so much out of the question, as difficult to arrange. Remember, Dario lives in Italy. Don, in Michigan.

I would love it to be Suspiria most of all the other rumored titles, but I believe it to be the least likely.

Oh, The Horror! Reviews - Horror movie reviews... all decades, all sub-genres.
ACTION ALLIANCE - Action film talk with action film fans.

"Life differs from the play only in this... it has no plot, all is vague, desultory, unconnected till the curtain drops with the mystery unsolved." - Edward George Bulwer-Lytton
WesReviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:01 PM   #306
17thJuggalo
HackMaster

It's clearly Night of the Dribbler.
17thJuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:02 PM   #307
horrorscreamer
Victim

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17thJuggalo View Post
It's clearly Night of the Dribbler.
Agreed, I don't see how it couldn't be.
horrorscreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:31 PM   #308
spawningblue
Deadite

I don't think it is Phantasm. Would that title be expensive enough to turn down three titles for? It's a big release, don't get me wrong, I just don't see it being that costly to obtain its rights.

I don't think it's Night or Dawn because he mentions them in the list of films he's worked on. It wouldn't make sense with the rest of what he wrote.

To me the only answer is Suspiria! Which would be amazing as it is my most wanted title on Blu! He has probably met Argento on several occasions, especially with his upcoming releases of the Demons films, Tenebre and Phenomena. It would make sense that he had to turn down three films for it, as I heard Italian films are expensive to get the rights to, not to mention the holy grail of all Italian films. Plus, and I could be wrong here, but hasn't he mentioned on several times that he would love to release Suspiria?

Lets just hope it's not some film that means a lot to him but nothing to us. One mans treasure is another mans trash. Especially considering he mentions Maximum Overdrive in the same breath of those other horror classics, which mind you I like, but a horror classic it is not.

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:41 PM   #309
Jimmy S
Stalker

It could be Suspiria, but I feel we will see it as a limited release first with maybe a wider edition later. Suspiria is certainly a most costly title to acquire than Demon or Demon 2 who are on limited release.

Limited or not, overprice or not that would be hard for me to skip a blu-ray release of that film.
Jimmy S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:05 PM   #310
crikan
HackMaster

*Fingers crossed* for SLUMBER PARTY MASSACRE
crikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:05 PM   #311
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE I

Dawn's probably out of the question since he's worked on it within the last 20 years.

I'm leaning towards Suspiria but Phantasm would be my dark horse.
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:10 PM   #312
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel76 View Post
Imagine the chock if it was "The Mutilator" hehe
I would be more "shaky and misty-eyed" if it were The Mutilator than I would be for the umpteenth edition of Dawn Of The Dead, Suspiria, or Phantasm.
CPT HOOK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:15 PM   #313
Nailwraps
HackMaster

It'd be surprising if it was Phantasm (even though I would love for Anchor Bay to release it) but I'm throw my hat into the ring and say it's gotta be Bad Taste.
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:24 PM   #314
delicreep
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post
It'd be surprising if it was Phantasm (even though I would love for Anchor Bay to release it) but I'm throw my hat into the ring and say it's gotta be Bad Taste.
Last I read (and I cannot, for the life of me find the source so, grain of salt here) was that Peter Jackson was getting the video rights back to his earlier films. However, this could just be speculation based on the blink-and-you-missed-it Blu of Dead Alive from Lionsgate.

And, I also doubt this mystery title is Phantasm. Considering Don talks of the cost of the rights being a problem, my vote goes to an overseas title since it is known that, especially in Italy, rights-holders ask for sums of money that most niche labels can't or won't pay.

Last edited by delicreep; 09-13-2013 at 08:28 PM.
delicreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:39 PM   #315
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicreep View Post
no doubt. I should have been more specific - the way he put it sounded to me like a couple of guys meeting up semi-regularly to have a few beers and shoot the shit, which just seems more likely with Coscarelli than Argento.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote