Curse of Bigfoot (1976) 1 2.86%
Search for the Beast (1997) 0 0%
Other 1 2.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-06-2007, 11:15 PM   #1
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

Best Bigfoot/Sasquatch Movies

I'm a big fan of Bigfoot/Sasquatch movies, but there aren't enough good ones to count on one hand. Which Bigfoot/Sasquatch movie do you guys think is the best? Note: Harry and the Hendersons is definitely one of the best Bigfoot movies around, but since this is a horror site I left off family films.

Last edited by fattyjoe37; 09-06-2007 at 11:28 PM.
fattyjoe37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:49 PM   #2
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

I haven't seen enough to cast a fair vote, but have seen Abominable which I doubt any other could touch. I'm voting for it, it has to be the best. If anyone feels something else is better please let know.

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:52 PM   #3
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

Abominable(2006) and Night Of the Demon(1980) for me.
Anthropophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:53 PM   #4
maskull
No Avatar! Boo!

I'm in the same boat as I haven't seen a lot of these but I really, really liked Abominable. Not going to vote yet, but I think it'll be hard to beat.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:36 PM   #5
spawningblue
Deadite

I agree with most that have posted so far in recommending Abominable, but I haven't seen enough of the other ones to vote.
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:03 PM   #6
satans-sadists
Humanitarian

Well I've never seen Abominable, but that doesn't stop me from voting.

I chose the original Legend of Boggy Creek. Some other favorites of mine on this list include Sasquatch: The Legend of Bigfoot (available in the Retromedia Sasquatch Horror triple feature along with Snowbeast and The Snow Creature), The Creature from Black Lake, and Shriek of the Mutilated.

Sasquatch (a.k.a. The Untold from 2002) starring Lance Henriksen has got to be the worst Bigfoot movie I've ever suffered through.
satans-sadists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:07 PM   #7
DrHerbertWest
For Your Health

I haven't seen any of them outside of Abominable and I still voted for it because I don't think anything can top it.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:24 PM   #8
onebyone

The Legend of Boggy Creek isn't the best movie up there, but it sure is the funniest. It could get my vote for the music alone.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:27 PM   #9
satans-sadists
Humanitarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebyone View Post
The Legend of Boggy Creek isn't the best movie up there, but it sure is the funniest. It could get my vote for the music alone.
The local residents and the music are nothing short of hysterical.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:18 PM   #10
deplop cinema

Although everyone rips it apart, I think The Legend of Big Foot is uber underrated. It's a faux documentary on this mountain man guy hunting bigfoot through North America. For something shot on hand-crank bolex cameras (that you see in the film) by two people it's surprisingly coherent and the voice over narratives are written very well and read very sincerely. Also, you almost NEVER see bigfoot throughout the entire film, yet it wasn't distracting or annoying at all - the filmmakers knew how to do the whole 'seeing less is more frightening'. I found myself getting lost in this one when i popped it out of my Mill Creek 50 Chilling Movies box set. Totally recommended, and the BEAUTIFUL wilderness photography is worth checking it out for alone.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:37 PM   #11
satans-sadists
Humanitarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deplop cinema View Post
Although everyone rips it apart, I think The Legend of Big Foot is uber underrated. It's a faux documentary on this mountain man guy hunting bigfoot through North America. For something shot on hand-crank bolex cameras (that you see in the film) by two people it's surprisingly coherent and the voice over narratives are written very well and read very sincerely. Also, you almost NEVER see bigfoot throughout the entire film, yet it wasn't distracting or annoying at all - the filmmakers knew how to do the whole 'seeing less is more frightening'. I found myself getting lost in this one when i popped it out of my Mill Creek 50 Chilling Movies box set. Totally recommended, and the BEAUTIFUL wilderness photography is worth checking it out for alone.
I agree with your comments and always thought The Legend of Boggy Creek was very well made. A lot is left to the imagination and it's effectively scary.

Having said that, I still find the music and local residents in the film unintentionally funny.

Never saw the sequel and I'm probably not missing much.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:02 AM   #12
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by satans-sadists View Post
I agree with your comments and always thought The Legend of Boggy Creek was very well made. A lot is left to the imagination and it's effectively scary.

Having said that, I still find the music and local residents in the film unintentionally funny.

Never saw the sequel and I'm probably not missing much.
Actually he was talking about the movie The Legend of Bigfoot. It's easy to get them mixed up when almost every movie just mixes around the words legend, bigfoot, and sasquatch.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:07 AM   #13
satans-sadists
Humanitarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattyjoe37 View Post
Actually he was talking about the movie The Legend of Bigfoot. It's easy to get them mixed up when almost every movie just mixes around the words legend, bigfoot, and sasquatch.
I do have in my collection Sasquatch: The Legend of Bigfoot. Is this a different movie?
Old 09-08-2007, 12:11 AM   #14
Hellbilly
Water-squirting greatness

It's hard to top Abominable so it got my vote. Sasquatch Hunters comes in second as it easily delivers the goods as well.
I also have a soft spot for Boggy Creek II: And The Legend Continues. A movie that made me re-discover the delicious greatness of baloney sandwiches (with cheese, mayo and mustard) and pork n' beans.
Thank you Boggy Creek II
Old 09-08-2007, 12:12 AM   #15
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by satans-sadists View Post
I do have in my collection Sasquatch: The Legend of Bigfoot. Is this a different movie?
Yes. The Legend of Bigfoot is a pseudo-documentary (not a docudrama like Sasquatch: The Legend of Bigfoot) about Ivan Marx as he looks for Bigfoot. I didn't really care for it. Lots of nature footage and about five minutes of a guy in a bad monkey suit walking around. It is on DVD in the Bigfoot Terror Collection which also features Search for the Beast, The Capture of Bigfoot, and Shriek of the Mutilated.

Last edited by fattyjoe37; 09-08-2007 at 12:15 AM.