Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 02-12-2015, 01:36 AM   #1
Angelman
HackMaster

The Official OOP Blu Ray thread

I thought it would be good to start a thread where we could give each other a head's up about Blu Rays that seem to be on the verge of going out of print. Not "out of print" meaning there are still 40 copies on Amazon but the company says it's out of print but discs that are seeming to be on the verge of disappearing from the marketplace.

For example I slept on "Alien 2: On Earth" and "Beyond the Darkness" and now both are unreasonably priced on the secondary market. So this would prevent us from succumbing to the eBay market for films we like.

Watchlist:
- Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers "signed" edition (Retro Media)
- Sex World (Vinegar Syndrome)
- Candle for the Devil (Scorpion) limited quantities
- Stripped to Kill (Scorpion) limited quantities

Last edited by Angelman; 03-02-2015 at 11:18 PM.
Angelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 01:43 AM   #2
russweiss
HackMaster

It may be too late to add this to the list but Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers was just released and since it was limited the prices are already jacked up.
russweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 01:43 AM   #3
Myron Breck
BOO!!! Gotcha!

Great idea, Angelman!

"In this Age of Grand Illusion, you walked into my life out of my dreams..."
Myron Breck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 01:44 AM   #4
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

I own Babysitter Wanted and Red Velvet, two really fun and underrated modern slasher flicks that are extremely hard to come by on blu-ray.

Babysitter Wanted doesn't look that impressive, but Red Velvet looks beautiful in hi-def. Glad I jumped on both of these when they were released.
Old 02-12-2015, 01:46 AM   #5
Angelman
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by russweiss View Post
It may be too late to add this to the list but Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers was just released and since it was limited the prices are already jacked up.
PERFECT Example. I saw it up on Amazon, then it was gone, then it went back up so I ordered mine, and now it's gone again. Now we can all report in here. No need to pay scalpers.
Old 02-12-2015, 01:48 AM   #6
Angelman
HackMaster

I'll keep a "WATCHLIST" in the first post that I will edit as things get close to OOP.
Old 02-12-2015, 02:00 AM   #7
zbinks
Time Fades Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by russweiss View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Official Fred Olen Ray Page
A standard issue Blu-ray will be available in a few weeks.
https://www.facebook.com/11354494868...type=1&theater
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 02:06 AM   #8
Angelman
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbinks View Post
I'll specify "Signed"
Old 02-12-2015, 02:09 AM   #9
gobad2003
Stalker

The "Sex World" Blu from VS is said to be getting down there in numbers and might be sold out by the end of the month.
Old 02-12-2015, 02:36 AM   #10
Paff

I've never been a big fan of these kinds of threads, because all they really do is cause people to jack up the prices of existing discs, on E-bay or whatever. Even on the For Sale section of this site, people will add "OOP" to the description of a title and add accordingly. OOP does not always mean rare or hard to find.

* - The extra B is for BYOBB

Paff's Laserdiscs
Paff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 03:15 AM   #11
Shannafey
Don't Monkey With Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobad2003 View Post
The "Sex World" Blu from VS is said to be getting down there in numbers and might be sold out by the end of the month.
I contributed to the indiegogo account, so maybe I'll grab that one as one of my freebies! If it lasts!
Shannafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 03:36 AM   #12
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paff View Post
I've never been a big fan of these kinds of threads, because all they really do is cause people to jack up the prices of existing discs, on E-bay or whatever. Even on the For Sale section of this site, people will add "OOP" to the description of a title and add accordingly. OOP does not always mean rare or hard to find.
I understand your point. There are exceptions, such as limited blu-ray's from Zavvi, Synapse, Twilight Time, etc., which are close to selling out. I get the impression that is what Angelman was going for with this thread. Blu-ray's from Warner as an example that disappear from Amazon seemingly as though they are going out of print (such as The Friday the 13th blu-ray boxset) is more of an example I believe of what you were referring to Paff.
Old 02-12-2015, 04:41 AM   #13
Angelman
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paff View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by buck135 View Post
I understand your point. There are exceptions, such as limited blu-ray's from Zavvi, Synapse, Twilight Time, etc., which are close to selling out. I get the impression that is what Angelman was going for with this thread. Blu-ray's from Warner as an example that disappear from Amazon seemingly as though they are going out of print (such as The Friday the 13th blu-ray boxset) is more of an example I believe of what you were referring to Paff.
Yeah the point here is to AVOID those prices, Paff. So if one of us notices something is appearing to be close to disappearing from the marketplace, we post here so members can buy it at the regular price from Amazon/Diabolik, etc. rather than eBay. An advance warning system.

So that way the forum members don't have to pay premium prices. With lower print runs from boutique sellers, it's good to draw attention to things that may command higher prices later.

Does that make you more of a fan?

Last edited by Angelman; 02-12-2015 at 04:43 AM.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:10 AM   #14
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

I like the idea. For the most part I'm pretty good about picking up Blu's early in the game that I really care about. Thanks to this board I was able to grab stuff like Dead Alive before it disappeared.
Old 02-12-2015, 12:55 PM   #15
evildeadfan123
Sam & Dean Winchester

Glad I already own Dead Alive. Until I saw this thread had no idea it was OOP. I too purchase Limited Blu-Rays when they first come out. At the time of the my first Blu-Ray movie purchase I didn't have a HD TV nor a Blu-Ray player and I knew eventually I would purchase one in the future, and the first Blu-Ray I purchased was the Limited Edition Blu-Ray of The Evil Dead. Didn't care that I didn't own a TV nor a player yet, but I'm a huge fan of The Evil Dead.

I know a good hangover remedy, a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.

RIP: John Winchester, all us Supernatural fans will miss you.

http://www.myspace.com/jaredjensenfan

I love Jared's flaring nostrils
evildeadfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote