Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 04-18-2011, 09:22 PM   #1531
Steel76
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismac87 View Post
Yeah and after Buddy went to Bill with the information he found the new materials, Bill got pissed because he had already begun working on a master using the quarter inch and thought Buddy was holding out on the materials intentionally. So according the those in the know the "plan" is to release THE MUTILATOR a year to six months before the license contract expires using the video master to saturate the market for the title so Buddy won't be able to get it re-released using the film print.
Well that REALLY pisses me off!
Bill had the chance to use the filmprint but acts like a child about it and gives us a crappy tape transfer instead.

Congratulations Bill, you lost another constumer!

I hope a REAL label like Synapse gives it a proper release in a near future.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:27 PM   #1532
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel76 View Post
Well that REALLY pisses me off!
Bill had the chance to use the filmprint but acts like a child about it and gives us a crappy tape transfer instead.

Congratulations Bill, you lost another constumer!

I hope a REAL label like Synapse gives it a proper release in a near future.
Well I do have to state that this is something I heard from a friend of Buddy Cooper's - who I guess for the last few years has been trying to get it away from Code Red but has unsuccessfully done so, and because of this whole situation when he does get it back he's not keen on the idea of licensing it out to someone else - so you may be waiting a while for that. Although my source is reliable and really is friends with Buddy, you may also want to take that with a grain of salt but given that there still is no release in site and most contracts generally speaking are dealt for five years or so - nowadays anyway - you also may want to take it as truth.

Last edited by chrismac87; 04-18-2011 at 09:30 PM.
chrismac87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:42 PM   #1533
Steel76
Maniac

Thanks for the info!

Would be great if Cooper dropped by a forum like this to tell us more about it.

Mutilator has NEVER gotten the release it deserves. Even the Laserdisc was pretty mediocre
Old 04-18-2011, 09:52 PM   #1534
fceurich39
HackMaster

Rituals probably wont be in print for very long so get it while u can
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:52 PM   #1535
ArrowBeach
HackMaster

The back of the DVD sleeve of RITUALS list Aquarius Media as the licensor, they have been around a long time, and is a VERY legit company (Terry Levene i think, he's been interviewed on some documentaries, and the print on this disc begins with a Aquarius logo), as I know BCI licensed several films from them. So it looks like Code Red licensed it from Aquarius, not sure if Aquarius really did have the rights, but it doesn't appear to be bootlegged on purpose?

Last edited by ArrowBeach; 04-18-2011 at 09:55 PM.
ArrowBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:10 PM   #1536
Shlockjock81
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicreep View Post
As for Bill's personality and interaction with the web community, well, I don't have much to say about that. I'm willing to buy from Midnight Video, and Bill's online dialogue is far removed from the stuff they have been posting.
Out of curiosity, does that infamous Midnight Video rant exist on the web anymore? Does anyone have a link to it? I'm curious to see what was so foul about it.
Shlockjock81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:26 PM   #1537
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowBeach View Post
The back of the DVD sleeve of RITUALS list Aquarius Media as the licensor, they have been around a long time, and is a VERY legit company (Terry Levene i think, he's been interviewed on some documentaries, and the print on this disc begins with a Aquarius logo), as I know BCI licensed several films from them. So it looks like Code Red licensed it from Aquarius, not sure if Aquarius really did have the rights, but it doesn't appear to be bootlegged on purpose?
That very well may be - but the real license holder came forward and said, "Hey, we own this, not these guys, you have no right to put it out." That would be enough for me or any studio not to try and release the film anyways, but to sue whomever I got the rights from that claimed to own it and go forward with that or try and work out a deal with the official rights holder to recoup my cost and such since there was already work done and discs ready to be shipped.

Maybe that is what happened in the long run, who knows? Bill certainly isn't saying anything.

Dunno just seems fishy to me that most of his discs are available on Amazon yet one of the most anticipated releases he has can only be found on lower profile websites. Weird.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:35 PM   #1538
highclassrob
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel76 View Post
Actually, Buddy Cooper has LOTS of reels and materials laying around in his garage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h39s2wotv3g
About 4.40 in.
damn that does look like he has quite a few copies of the film.
highclassrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:38 PM   #1539
delicreep
Stalker

Who is complaining about the print quality for Rituals?
delicreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:43 PM   #1540
fceurich39
HackMaster

Quote:
Who is complaining about the print quality for Rituals?
not me it looks great i think
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:46 PM   #1541
delicreep
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismac87 View Post
Dunno just seems fishy to me that most of his discs are available on Amazon yet one of the most anticipated releases he has can only be found on lower profile websites. Weird.
There was a quote somewhere --maybe on AVManiacs--that pointed to the problem being with Navarre, not specifically Code Red. I don't know whether that is true or not.

And, let's remember that: there is always an entity between Code Red and the buying public, and that is the distributor. How likely is it that an established company like Navarre would release a disc that might get them sued?
Old 04-18-2011, 10:58 PM   #1542
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

In one of the Buddy Cooper videos he says someone approached him about filming a Mutilator sequel, and thinks they can get the funding without an issue. "Return to Fall Break". How cool would that be!
Old 04-18-2011, 11:00 PM   #1543
delicreep
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by highclassrob View Post
damn that does look like he has quite a few copies of the film.
And lots of other stuff. Considering that even films stored in vaults can decompose, I have to wonder how much of that is usable. We may never know...

Oh, and thanks for the link, steel76.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:05 PM   #1544
delicreep
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shlockjock81 View Post
Out of curiosity, does that infamous Midnight Video rant exist on the web anymore? Does anyone have a link to it? I'm curious to see what was so foul about it.
Here is a link where the rant was reposted:

http://www.avmaniacs.com/forums/show...078#post846078

Also on AVManiacs is a thread about Shriek Show/Beyond the darkness where Dolph chimes in and continues to be childish. I did a quick search there but didn't find the thread; others might have better luck.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:34 PM   #1545
Steel76
Maniac

Quote:
And lots of other stuff. Considering that even films stored in vaults can decompose, I have to wonder how much of that is usable. We may never know...

Oh, and thanks for the link, steel76.
You´re welcome

Sure would be awesome to go through all that stuff