Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 02-10-2009, 01:08 AM   #166
Mattapooh
Maniac

Man, Hot Moves was one of my favorite releases from Code Red! Definitely in my top 5 favorite 80s sex comedies and a lot of fun. I wasn't into Beyond the Door (although I'll probably pick it up eventually) and some of the other stuff, but it seems like all the stuff I'm looking forward to is MIA and they're putting riskier stuff out instead. Not an encouraging idea after Bill posted about losing a lot of money on Beyond the Door....
Mattapooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:23 AM   #167
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Night of the Dribbler (is it April the 1st early?) certainly doesn't sound like a title which will make much $$$ for Code Red. Something like that sounds more like a "bonus disc" to some other higher profile slasher release.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:13 AM   #168
eric_angelus
Testacular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
Night of the Dribbler (is it April the 1st early?) certainly doesn't sound like a title which will make much $$$ for Code Red. Something like that sounds more like a "bonus disc" to some other higher profile slasher release.
So glad other people are saying stuff like this, when I read about this in the AM I wanted to post the same type of thing...but did not want to look like I was attacking Code Red...but yeah...if people aren't buying actual real movies that managed to play theaters and have cult followings...who is gonna buy this?
eric_angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:25 AM   #169
Myron Breck
BOO!!! Gotcha!

Not I. It seems beneath Code Red, to be honest.

"In this Age of Grand Illusion, you walked into my life out of my dreams..."
Myron Breck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:40 AM   #170
fceurich39
HackMaster

what i want to really know is when the heck will a release date for nightmare be announced???
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:42 AM   #171
eric_angelus
Testacular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fceurich39 View Post
what i want to really know is when the heck will a release date for nightmare be announced???
as I understand it they are looking for someone who speaks Italian to translate the interview footage they have. I am planning to try and learn Italian this summer...so I can always offer my services...if I stick to plan that is.
eric_angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:44 AM   #172
HAEMORRHAGE
If he dies, he dies

I know there's a thing or two holding it up but the Code Red release I'm most anticipating is Forced Entry.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:37 PM   #173
Fall Break
Stalker

Ok so this basketball movie looks stupid.......but here is the thing this could be a cool watch. This reminds my of Jack Frost and Uncle Sam, sure they were not very good but I still like them. If this movie is not a total turd and the price is right (10 bucks) and the cover is cool I will be in.
I really wish they would release some of there other promised titles sooner then later.
Fall Break is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:44 PM   #174
Fall Break
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeRedDVd View Post
Find me a 35mm neg or print and I can put out MUTILATOR
Buddy Cooper said he has the Multiple prints of The Mutilator. He even has Trailers, TV spots and deleted footage archived.
Check out this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h39s2wotv3g

Last edited by Fall Break; 02-10-2009 at 03:46 PM.
Fall Break is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 04:41 PM   #175
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall Break View Post
Buddy Cooper said he has the Multiple prints of The Mutilator. He even has Trailers, TV spots and deleted footage archived.
Check out this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h39s2wotv3g
I don't think that's the issue anymore. There's a legal battle going on deciding who owns the right to distribute the DVD or something along those lines. I'm actually looking for an update from one of my sources now.

Those KandJHorror interviews with Buddy are sick btw - saw them a while ago
Old 02-10-2009, 04:55 PM   #176
SynapseFilms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutilated Prey View Post
I don't think that's the issue anymore. There's a legal battle going on deciding who owns the right to distribute the DVD or something along those lines. I'm actually looking for an update from one of my sources now.

Those KandJHorror interviews with Buddy are sick btw - saw them a while ago
Yeah... Synapse was offered THE MUTILATOR about 6 or so years ago and we turned it down FLAT. Not only because they didn't have prints, negs or an IP of the film, but they also couldn't provide proper chain of title paperwork. If you announce or start working on titles that you don't really own, or buy a film from someone who really doesn't have the proper rights, you open yourself up to a WORLD of hurt (and the always looming possibility of lawsuits once you announce or release your title, if someone comes out of the woodwork).

You may notice that some companies don't bother to go through the right legal processes and they announce things and then mysteriously take them down, with alarming frequency.

Last edited by SynapseFilms; 02-10-2009 at 04:58 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:01 PM   #177
Wez4555
Happy Trees Motherfucker!

your right. its always better to make sure shit is sorted out first.
Wez4555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:43 PM   #178
rot
Screamy Bopper

I agree that everything should be finalized before announcing a title, but sometimes unforeseen crap happens and that's business. Many of the niche genre DVD companies have announced something at one time or another and then the title mysteriously disappears off the schedule later with no explanation. Anchor Bay used to do it constantly. Retromedia had their FLEASH EATERS disc pulled because Dark Sky actually had the rights. Dark Sky had their KILL BABY KILL release pulled because Anchor Bay-Starz actually had the rights. Synapse announced THE KINDRED and that's also disappeared now. And I crapped a big load when Image cancelled their K. Gordon Murray discs at the last minute because of unforesseen legalities. Code Red have definitely announced some titles that don't show up anymore and who knows what's going on there. And those last couple of BCI titles are now in limbo because of the company going under. Even the major studios have announced titles, and then they are mysteriously removed from their schedule. I don't follow companies like Severin as closely so they may be clean as to what they announce-release. And Blue Underground seemed to be pretty careful with their announcements, so Lustig may have learned his lesson over at AB. Anyway, I don't think there is anything malicious or underhanded going on with any of these companies. I think they are all trying to do the right thing and do it legally, but things sometimes just get screwed up or what you think is the legal contract may end up being completely bogus.

That said, dammit, stop announcing shit until it's ready to come out!!!
rot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:40 AM   #179
CrazyFatEthel
HackMaster

Aragh!!!!I want a release of Pets, Nightmare and Silent Scream!!!
Old 02-11-2009, 02:14 AM   #180
VideoViolence

I could see Night Of The Dribbler being a bonus disc with another slasher of theirs, but as a special edition on its own? This is def gonna lose them some $$$