Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 11-08-2011, 02:57 AM   #1936
Jeremy
Closet SCREAM fan

Mill Creek does not do any sort of remastering or restoration on their releases. The main reason why so many of their Crown International releases look so good is because BCI created masters that were then appropriated by Mill Creek when the license changed hands. Mill Creek will use whatever materials are given to them; if they suck, the DVD will suck. If they look good, the DVD will look good.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:18 PM   #1937
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

Is Code Red really delaying BBNM because of a couple of interviews they want to put together? As much as I love CR, and I don't mean to sound harsh or anything, but those guys don't really know how to put together a decent interview. It looks like they use camcorders so the sound and lighting are less than ideal. Everything seems hastily thrown together, nothing feels thoroughly researched, they appear to pick random cast and crew to talk to, it's all just not very interesting. Worst of all, most of the people they are interviewing look like they would rather be somewhere else. Frankly, it's depressing. Again, I love Code Red and appreciate all the great DVDs. But I'd rather have the movie now rather than wait who knows how many months for a couple of disinterested talking heads.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:32 PM   #1938
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by elDomenechHDG View Post
Is Code Red really delaying BBNM because of a couple of interviews they want to put together? As much as I love CR, and I don't mean to sound harsh or anything, but those guys don't really know how to put together a decent interview. It looks like they use camcorders so the sound and lighting are less than ideal. Everything seems hastily thrown together, nothing feels thoroughly researched, they appear to pick random cast and crew to talk to, it's all just not very interesting. Worst of all, most of the people they are interviewing look like they would rather be somewhere else. Frankly, it's depressing. Again, I love Code Red and appreciate all the great DVDs. But I'd rather have the movie now rather than wait who knows how many months for a couple of disinterested talking heads.
Code Red is the perfect example for Guerrilla Extras...
Demoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:59 PM   #1939
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

^ Though sometimes, their extras are more entertaining than the movie.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:37 PM   #1940
RidgeShark
Victim

Night of the Demon reviewed at Mondo Digital

Mardi Gras Massacre Review
RidgeShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:30 AM   #1941
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

So what’s the latest in the ongoing saga of the Popcorn release? Is Code Red’s DVD “official” now seeing the director has agreed to an interview/commentary track? I know its been delayed, but is the rights issue straightened out?

I heard the “other company” hasn’t updated their website since July, deleted their facebook page, and that they never even had any contact with the rights holder.

Last edited by Chomp; 11-11-2011 at 03:35 AM.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:55 AM   #1942
Body Boy
HackMaster

Not sure. I think Code Red's was waaaaay more official than that shifty 'fan edition' thing. But this delay...hmm, I assume it's because of more extras or something. Not sure.
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:58 AM   #1943
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

They should have joined forces. Can't we all just get along?
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:22 AM   #1944
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
So what’s the latest in the ongoing saga of the Popcorn release? Is Code Red’s DVD “official” now seeing the director has agreed to an interview/commentary track? I know its been delayed, but is the rights issue straightened out?

I heard the “other company” hasn’t updated their website since July, deleted their facebook page, and that they never even had any contact with the rights holder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
They should have joined forces. Can't we all just get along?
Or the "Other" company is Code Red... Maybe they just created a site for the ""other" company just to stir things up.. I don´t know, at this point I believe just about anything.
Demoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:45 PM   #1945
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Popcorn has been announced for March! But that's not all!!:
http://codereddvdblog.blogspot.com/2...over-arts.html
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:16 PM   #1946
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

Psyched for Ghostkeeper. I really wish CR would go Blu. Selling only DVDs now is the equivalent of selling stuff on VHS in 2005.

Last edited by elDomenechHDG; 11-17-2011 at 06:19 PM.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:14 PM   #1947
Katatonia
The Dark and the Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by elDomenechHDG View Post
Psyched for Ghostkeeper. I really wish CR would go Blu. Selling only DVDs now is the equivalent of selling stuff on VHS in 2005.
Considering how poorly Code Red always says their titles sell on DVD, I doubt they could justify releasing such smaller titles on Blu-ray at this point.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:55 PM   #1948
dave13
HackMaster

i love blu ray, and make every effort to pick up the BD versions of films i buy, but there are precious few code red titles that i feel would justify the expense (on their part or mine). i'm perfectly happy with them sticking to DVD for the time being. it will keep their prices low (which is important for films of their...caliber), and likely means that their business model will be more sustainable, which means, ultimately, more titles on disc.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:23 PM   #1949
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Another Haunted review!:
http://www.mondo-digital.com/haunted.html
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:23 PM   #1950
Body Boy
HackMaster

Oh my god!!! The Severed Arm AND So Sad About Gloria!? YES!!!! I love TSA, and Visions of Evil has been on my radar for a while. Eeeek! This is great news. That Ghostkeeper cover looks wonderful as well.
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote