Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 02-12-2009, 11:04 PM   #196
captain_brandon

Well Mr. May, I wish you the best of luck, as I would love to see the material one day, plus I'm such a hardcore Shape/Michael Myers fanatic, Hell many of us, that you chould do as an extra or as entire disc (sort of like Anchor Bay did with the Evil Dead: Ultimate Collection I ordered and got) and have an entire hour or so of outtakes. Hell, I would watch every single outtake, I'll admit. I honestly love hearing even possible posative news of stuff like this being kept and restored and presurved.

Once again, the best of luck to you, kind sir ...
Old 02-13-2009, 12:30 AM   #197
Mattapooh
Maniac

It's really mind-blowing that Akkad takes something as phenomenal as Halloween outtakes and just completely ignores the idea of doing anything with them. Not only is it his cash cow, it's a classic American film that even non-horror watchers are interested in. This could be a huge, huge deal and the fact that he's not even returning Don's calls is so goddamn bizarre to me.

It's really like you're offering him guaranteed money and he's telling you "Nah, I'm not really in the mood for money right now". Weird, weird, weird.

Also, check out the duelin' Bill Hicks avatars!
Mattapooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:45 AM   #198
Shlockjock81
HackMaster

Sorry maybe I'm missing something here but... why are the Halloween negatives such a big deal? It's been remastered and restored 100 billion times over... we have 101 special editions of it...

I'm not complaining, I'm just curious as to what I'm missing here..
Shlockjock81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:57 AM   #199
Angelman
HackMaster

Well, because to my knowledge the DVDs to date have all been from prints or IPs or whatever. This is the original Camera Negative. As in: straight from Dean Cundey's camera into the can so the quality will be unlike anything we have seen. And, as mattapooh points out, we would likely see alternate takes, deleted scenes or what-have-you.

I'm not joking when I say that this is like a MAJOR FIND. Major.

Major.
Angelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:58 AM   #200
fceurich39
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shlockjock81 View Post
Sorry maybe I'm missing something here but... why are the Halloween negatives such a big deal? It's been remastered and restored 100 billion times over... we have 101 special editions of it...

rumor has it they contain alot of additional takes on scenes as well as a rumored alternate ending i believe as well as alternate scenes,extended scenes all TOTALLY lost until this was discovered
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:58 AM   #201
ArrowBeach
HackMaster

I was under the impression this was the trims, and outtakes, and bloopers, as the original film negatives was still with Akkard, unless I am mistaken.
ArrowBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 03:16 AM   #202
captain_brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattapooh View Post
It's really mind-blowing that Akkad takes something as phenomenal as Halloween outtakes and just completely ignores the idea of doing anything with them. Not only is it his cash cow, it's a classic American film that even non-horror watchers are interested in. This could be a huge, huge deal and the fact that he's not even returning Don's calls is so goddamn bizarre to me.

It's really like you're offering him guaranteed money and he's telling you "Nah, I'm not really in the mood for money right now". Weird, weird, weird.

Also, check out the duelin' Bill Hicks avatars!
Frist responce:

Indeed, it's beyond Goddamn bizarre, since I figured when financially and film wise, he would naturally kinda be his father made over, ya know?

Gotta say I do hope somethin' posative comes of this.

And concerning the late/great Bill Hicks: Ahh you have such fine taste in deceased social commentators/long underrated stand-up comics, my good man. If I do say so myself. Got a feeling deep down inside of me that he who came in the name of GoatBoy, Bezelzaboozo and The Dark Poet (among others, ect), that he's memory will never be forgotten. Sadly George Carlin, whom I did get to see live in '02 in Wichita, Kanasa passed away, at least we got the currently living Doug Stanhope. Check out his CDs and DVDs and beyond awesome stuff on YouTube. If you only know him from his gotta-make-the-house-and-car-payment breif stint on The Man Show's dreadful last two seasons, then many out there don't know him at all. His stand-up material is mostly all great. Fine dark comedy and observations that are always spot on (provided he's sober, of course).

Stay cool ...
Old 02-13-2009, 05:56 AM   #203
SynapseFilms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shlockjock81 View Post

ArrowBeach... We have all the negative trims, outtakes and bloopers from the original negatives...

The negatives that we have are all the shots that were NEVER used... all the outtakes, different shots/scenes, deleted stuff and bloopers. We basically have all the camera negatives for all the scenes shot for the entire film. There is a camera negative for HALLOWEEN that the studio has... but our negatives are all the material that was discarded and not edited into the finished feature, so we would have scenes, shots and alternate takes that no one has seen in 30+ years.

After getting the materials, I called editor Tommy Lee Wallace, and he told me all kinds of stuff that didn't make it into the movie and, he says, we probably have it all. Like, in the "clothesline" sequence, for example... Carpenter shot it a totally different way at first and didn't like the way it came out, so he shot it again differently and that's the way it appears in the film. We probably have the original version. Also, Wallace, says, contrary to both the novelization and the scripts that are available... they DIDN'T have Michael live originally. They killed him... for good... Only a few days after shooting wrapped, over some beers, did Carpenter decide to reshoot the ending and have him live. Wallace was floored at the prospect of us possibly having the original "Michael dies" ending in all our boxes.

So, we possibly have a treasure trove of unseen material.

Last edited by SynapseFilms; 02-13-2009 at 06:00 AM.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:46 AM   #204
Shlockjock81
HackMaster

Holy CRAP!! I thought we'd pretty much seen every piece of footage...

That's amazing news. Hopefully Malek Akkad will come to his senses...
Shlockjock81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:40 AM   #205
Angelman
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowBeach View Post
I was under the impression this was the trims, and outtakes, and bloopers, as the original film negatives was still with Akkard, unless I am mistaken.
I stand corrected.

Still all the outtakes ets... major find...
Angelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:28 PM   #206
VideoViolence

If I had the $$$, I'd help fund the restoration.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:44 AM   #207
SynapseFilms

If I could find 10,000 to donate $10 each, we'd be in business! LOL!
Old 02-14-2009, 12:51 AM   #208
captain_brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynapseFilms View Post
Ya know Mr. May, that isn't sucha bad idea. Not at all.

Like the previous poster, if I currently had the bread and wasn't saving up for my first three country European trip next year to France, Holland and Belgium to meet online friends, the I most certainly would LOVE to fork over the bread to help.

Even still, if I had the footage, I myself would screen some of it at conventions, and would say that "By giving only $10 each, you've already done more then your part to one day see ALL of this seminal genre classic soon!", which would really, and I mean REALLY be a big fanatic incentive. Just my two cents.

Best of luck to you, once again! ...
Old 02-14-2009, 03:47 AM   #209
Myron Breck
BOO!!! Gotcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynapseFilms View Post
Hell yeah! Put up a PayPal booth on your site and have people from all over the world donate...keep an up-to-the-moment tally like they do on those TV charity drives....you'd have it in no time, I would think! Even poor-ass mo-fos like myself would donate $10+ to help this dream come true!

Think about it.

"In this Age of Grand Illusion, you walked into my life out of my dreams..."
Myron Breck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 09:18 AM   #210
captain_brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Breck View Post
Hell yeah! Put up a PayPal booth on your site and have people from all over the world donate...keep an up-to-the-moment tally like they do on those TV charity drives....you'd have it in no time, I would think! Even poor-ass mo-fos like myself would donate $10+ to help this dream come true!

Think about it.
Hmmm another very good idea. We maybe onto something, here. I would donate as well. It is a rather good idea there, Myron ...