Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 11-14-2012, 08:39 PM   #2536
Kim Bruun
HackMaster

Just Before Dawn in HD? Does that mean it will be a blu-ray?
Kim Bruun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:56 PM   #2537
Jimmy S
Stalker

Not untill Bill say it will. He didn't say it, so nothing official yet...
Jimmy S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:01 PM   #2538
fceurich39
HackMaster

how come diabolik dvd doesnt carry code red titles no more?
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:04 PM   #2539
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

Very cool that Just Before Dawn will be readily available again, one of my favorite 80s horror films. But it'd have to have some new features for me to double dip, the commentary and documentary on the Shriek Show disc I have are excellent.
fattyjoe37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:04 PM   #2540
chancetx
Stalker

Still no mention of Butcher Baker Nightmare Maker.
chancetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:09 PM   #2541
Jimmy S
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fceurich39 View Post
how come diabolik dvd doesnt carry code red titles no more?
Code Red sell its materials at their own store, The_exterminator at Amazon being the only exception to this.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:37 PM   #2542
Demoni
HackMaster

If their new DVD titles are now close to $20, Iīll imagine that the blu-rays will be something like $30 or $35... no thanks!
Demoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:43 PM   #2543
Jimmy S
Stalker

Of course it's your choice, but 20$ is nothing for a DVD... LHODES cost me more than 50$ when I purchased it in a local store when it was released, even Thriller a Cruel Picture is sell for more than 30$ in the store arround here today...

Thank God for internet and Visa as they gave me a choice between expensive local store and non-expensive direct purchase (everything being relative of course...).
Old 11-14-2012, 10:10 PM   #2544
Body Boy
HackMaster

Trick or Treats (1982) is a lot of fun imo, even with its VERY low body count. I think that the silliness, comedy and Halloween atmosphere gives it a lot of power. And I do love the final chase scene. Those expecting a typical '82 slasher will be disappointed. Not sure how to prepare you for that one. But I am ecstatic!
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:24 PM   #2545
Kim Bruun
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy S View Post
Not untill Bill say it will. He didn't say it, so nothing official yet...
Well, it's kind of a missed opportunity if he doesn't go blu with it... I'm kinda past upgrading from DVD to DVD.
Kim Bruun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:25 PM   #2546
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

So Code Red's Trick or Treats is not the Marc Price make-a-deal-with-the-devil film from '86 (I think)?

If Nail Gun Massacre is getting a Blu-ray then we have to assume Just Before Dawn will get one as well. It wouldn't make much business sense not to do one since a) Bill spared no expense in prepping the film in HD and b) it'll likely be the best-selling title of the new batch. Really looking forward to a spruced-up new edition.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:39 PM   #2547
X-human
I ate my keys

I'd be interested to see what the deal is with Nail Gun Massacre. Did Synapse pass on it? I'm glad Code Red's picked it up but something's up with that. Another Deadly Spawn situation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shlockjock81 View Post
LOL. Gotta love Bill's pity rant for Just Before Dawn.
Yeah, he had the same old rant bringing up Nightmare again when he announced the Madman re-release a few days ago. The thing about the Nightmare scenario is that the first printing sold out as did the second printing. In a span of months. Now it's completely sold out. And he bitches that it didn't sell enough.

I look at Beyond the Door and Dead Pit still sitting around and I'll agree with him overall that his stuff doesn't sell well enough. But Nightmare sold well enough and sold out. Stop bringing it up.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:23 PM   #2548
crikan
HackMaster

Quote:
Of course it's your choice, but 20$ is nothing for a DVD...

Can you find DVDs that cost more than $19? Certainly. But Bill is pricing me out of his products. His contemporary's products can be found much cheaper. For instance, this week I pre-ordered Synpase's latest Nikkatsu titles and Scorpion's THE FANTASIST for less than $12 each. I also ordered Scorpion's JOYSTICKS, Something Wierd's BUSOM BUDDIES (Blu-ray), Anchor Bay's THE ENTITY (Blu-ray), and Raro's MADNESS for close to $10 each.

As much as I enjoyed THE BABYSITTER, I don't feel like $40 was a good value for it and THE PEOPLE WHO OWN THE DARK.
crikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:21 AM   #2549
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Of course it's your choice, but 20$ is nothing for a DVD... LHODES cost me more than 50$ when I purchased it in a local store when it was released, even Thriller a Cruel Picture is sell for more than 30$ in the store arround here today...

Thank God for internet and Visa as they gave me a choice between expensive local store and non-expensive direct purchase (everything being relative of course...).
In this day and age 20$ is nothing for a DVD???

Yes, thank god for Internet and Visa for opting between expensive Internet direct purchases and non-expensive Internet purchases.
Demoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:08 AM   #2550
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Iíll gladly plop down $20 for a DVD if I know itís going directly to the releasing company. Iíll pay a little more if it helps in funding future releases. I donít do it all the time, but I donít see the problem with Code Red selling DVDís for $20 a pop. And Iím glad Bill finally found a system that is working for him and now he can make Code Red thrive and bring us BLU FUCKING RAY RELEASES!!!!

Pretty nice lineup Code Red has coming upÖof course I am definitely looking forward to Just Before DawnÖwhich all signs are leading to it being uncut and on BD. Awesome. I like the little more well known titlesÖOther than Ghostkeeper and Retribution I havenít really found any of Code Redís newer releases to be all that interesting.

I just wish people would stop asking about certain titles like The Mutilator or Night Warning whenever Bill gives a Code Red update. Iím not even affiliated with Code Red and whenever I hear those two films mentioned I feel like throwing my sandwich to the ground and punching itÖI canít imagine the flaming fury that boils up whenever Bill reads 5,000/day whiny user comments about Night Warning. Itís like fuck man, give it a rest all ready.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote