Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 05-05-2013, 01:24 AM   #2776
Shlockjock81
HackMaster

Great. Evilspeak. Another one of my favorite films is going to be mutilated by whackjob Bill Oleson.

I'll hold on to my Anchor Bay DVD.
Shlockjock81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:40 AM   #2777
booper71
HackMaster

Is that the same Bill that used to come on this forum and argue?
Old 05-05-2013, 02:41 AM   #2778
Katatonia
The Dark and the Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.ramses View Post
I don't know about Working Girls but Bill told me that we will not see Pets again, he says he will not repress it because it was a limited edition of 1500 that took forever to sell out. Really wish there was another edition of this one somewhere out there.
He said the same thing about Madman though, and it did get another pressing.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:36 AM   #2779
Shlockjock81
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by booper71 View Post
Is that the same Bill that used to come on this forum and argue?
That would be the one, yes.
Shlockjock81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:40 AM   #2780
f.ramses
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
He said the same thing about Madman though, and it did get another pressing.
Nice, so I guess there is hope...
Old 05-05-2013, 06:03 AM   #2781
X-human
I ate my keys

Just so you guys know, you're being heard.
Quote:
I noticed this MADMAN thing is poping up on another forum. Synapse didn't turn down the movie! I made a offer a 6 month before for 5 grand + % and Gary Sales turn me down. I get a call back from Gary telling me two dvd label gave me the worst offer so he ask me is my old offer stand? He said Anchor Bay paid more in the past, but my offer was only good one out there. He also mentioned that he like my ideas and it's was not all me but some him. I guess I outbidded two labels with my credit card?

As this HD master Gary had, it was approved by DP James Lemmo. those scratches was on the negatives, the movie was made in the cheaps and some damages was on the negatives. One scene with Ms. Ross has the same scratch on the old vhs. Gary tells me he doesn't has 35mm rental print either. when it comes to code red the same people pop up and rewrite history.

I see scratches on ANCHOR BAY's EVILSPEAK, I don't see any from Eric Weston's IP. No one is forcing anyone to buy it, but they all seems to post complaint. Got the same complaint with my new release, so I put up factory original refurshbised for under $10 and they still don't have the money to buy it. I barely sold the open ones, but still get complaint why dvd is not under $10
http://thelatarniaforums.yuku.com/re...s#reply-159416

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:19 PM   #2782
Stige
HackMaster

I just can't help seeing Ywonne Decarlo in American Gothic getting up with knitting needles and attacking people saying "dirty wicked girls", funny how the mind works
Stige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:58 PM   #2783
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Update on Just Before Dawn (on Blu-ray!!!):

http://thelatarniaforums.yuku.com/re...i#reply-159425
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:10 AM   #2784
Jimmy S
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.ramses View Post
Nice, so I guess there is hope...
Don't hope too much... It was a limited edition from the start and limited is limited. Madman was never listed as a limited edition so it's a different story. I don't see Pets being reprinted more than I would imagine Twillight Time run a second print of Fright Night because it's sold out.
Jimmy S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:15 AM   #2785
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-human View Post
Just so you guys know, you're being heard.
GOOD... BILL.
Demoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:21 AM   #2786
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

Him saying Synapse didn't turn down the film is complete and utter bullshit. Don May wanted to make a new HD master and the producer wouldn't let them, he told them he had to work off his master which was made for Monsters HD because he preferred the film that way.

So Don passed. Why would he or anyone else lie about that? So it can make Code Red/Bill seem like some kind of savior? What because he released an improperly color timed master from a then almost ten year old scan? Yeah - you're a real hero there Bill.

By the way, if we are being heard - how's about this one; told you so.

(Just an FYI, Bill had told me via private messaging that I should just "give up" my "crusade" to get THE VIDEO DEAD released, seeing as a studio like MGM would NEVER release it or license it out. Just my reason to gloat I suppose but it's not just on DVD but in fact a Blu Ray as well with special features and two commentaries that I moderated. Yep, I should have just given up eh?)

And as far as anything else Bill has to say, as far as I'm concerned;
Old 05-06-2013, 09:23 AM   #2787
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismac87 View Post
Him saying Synapse didn't turn down the film is complete and utter bullshit. Don May wanted to make a new HD master and the producer wouldn't let them, he told them he had to work off his master which was made for Monsters HD because he preferred the film that way.

So Don passed. Why would he or anyone else lie about that? So it can make Code Red/Bill seem like some kind of savior? What because he released an improperly color timed master from a then almost ten year old scan? Yeah - you're a real hero there Bill.

By the way, if we are being heard - how's about this one; told you so.

(Just an FYI, Bill had told me via private messaging that I should just "give up" my "crusade" to get THE VIDEO DEAD released, seeing as a studio like MGM would NEVER release it or license it out. Just my reason to gloat I suppose but it's not just on DVD but in fact a Blu Ray as well with special features and two commentaries that I moderated. Yep, I should have just given up eh?)

And as far as anything else Bill has to say, as far as I'm concerned;
I got to say I always find your posts very interesting and informative. I believe every word you've just said. I often think a lot of Code Red titles could look better, it's just that Bill doesn't have the money to clean them up properly.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:16 PM   #2788
scott71670
Maniac

I kinda like the way the Code Red dvds look, actually. It probably costs too much to get them into really great shape, because the return on the dvd sales doesn;t merit it. I just like to watch it with the scratches etc. and think to myself this is probably how it actually looked in the theatre after it made the umpteenth round on the drive-in circuit. In an era where everything is soon to be too perfect due to digital projection even in theatres, someday people are going to be loooking at the scratches with nostalgia.
scott71670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:53 PM   #2789
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismac87 View Post
Just an FYI, Bill had told me via private messaging that I should just "give up" my "crusade" to get THE VIDEO DEAD released, seeing as a studio like MGM would NEVER release it or license it out. Just my reason to gloat I suppose but it's not just on DVD but in fact a Blu Ray as well with special features and two commentaries that I moderated. Yep, I should have just given up eh?
Thatīs so low what he did.. itīs almost like trying to destroy a dream! Well, but in the end, he did receive a kick in the butt... a combo pack.

Instead of wasting time, sending private messages to other saying to stop chasing their goal, "Madman" Bill should come out of the closet and explain to all of us the real reasons why Popcorn wasnīt released...
Whatīs his next excuse in the agenda for this??? His dog grab the film cans and run away never to be seen again?

MADMAN BILL MADMAN BILL MADMAN BILL MADMAN BILL
Demoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:14 PM   #2790
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoni View Post
Thatīs so low what he did.. itīs almost like trying to destroy a dream! Well, but in the end, he did receive a kick in the butt... a combo pack.

Instead of wasting time, sending private messages to other saying to stop chasing their goal, "Madman" Bill should come out of the closet and explain to all of us the real reasons why Popcorn wasnīt released...
Whatīs his next excuse in the agenda for this??? His dog grab the film cans and run away never to be seen again?

MADMAN BILL MADMAN BILL MADMAN BILL MADMAN BILL
The reason that wasn't released was because his release was illegal.

A good friend of mine, Kristy Jett, has been working feverishly to get a special edition of POPCORN released for almost three years now. She is in contact with the film's producers who have agreed to license the film out for distribution, the only issue now is one of the producers is holding up the deal by not signing contracts for one reason or another.

Kristy contacted Bill and told him his release was illegal and that he should pull it, his response was that he was going to release it anyways and he nor no one else cared if it was legitimate! He said the film has a small cult following and it probably isn't going to sell well anyways so he was doing her a FAVOR by even putting it out, legal or not.

Another member of the horror community whom people have trusted for years got involved and was able to get a court ordered cease and desist for Bill and his lovely company. People who have never lied or even thought to stretch the true in the community have been up front and honest with what's going on behind closed doors, whereas Bill as most of us know - hasn't.

Look at just this morning, Don May posted on Synapse's website why STREET TRASH is being delayed in graphic detail, including posting screen shots. Is he just releasing the film as is knowing it's low budget and most folks might give it a pass if it looked a little off? Hell no. He's demanding a new master be done and properly corrected AND he's telling everyone WHY!

He's not complaining, he's not blaming anyone, he's not LYING to anyone, he's merely explaining what's what and why it's going to take more time for the film to be released. So again, if there's any doubt that Synapse passed on MADMAN given the circumstances - is there any doubt now???

Last edited by chrismac87; 05-07-2013 at 08:29 AM.
chrismac87 is offline   Reply With Quote