Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 05-07-2013, 03:31 AM   #2791
startide
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutilated Prey View Post
The verdict on that is still unclear, but he's in kahootz with that person at the very least.
My only Code Red order was postmarked WA, which is where the Exterminator is based. Isn't Bill in CA? If so, proof positive to me.
startide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:01 AM   #2792
Jimmy S
Stalker

He goes often in California, but his office and storage room are in another State. When he is in California he only have a limited quantity of DVDs with him (wich is why the new titles sometimes went out of stock after a day or two).
Jimmy S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:20 AM   #2793
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismac87 View Post
The reason that wasn't released was because his release was illegal.

A good friend of mine, Kristy Jett, has been working feverishly to get a special edition of POPCORN released for almost three years now. She is contact with the film's producers who have agreed to license the film out for distribution, the only issue now is one of the producers is holding up the deal by not signing contracts for one reason or another.

Kristy contacted Bill and told him his release was illegal and that he should pull it, his response was that he was going to release it anyways and he nor no one else cared if it was legitimate! He said the film has a small cult following and it probably isn't going to sell well anyways so he was doing her a FAVOR by even putting it out, legal or not.

Another member of the horror community whom people have trusted for years got involved and was able to get a court ordered cease and desist for Bill and his lovely company. People who have never lied or even thought to stretch the true in the community have been up front and honest with what's going on behind closed doors, whereas Bill as most of us know - hasn't.

Look at just this morning, Don May posted on Synapse's website why STREET TRASH is being delayed in graphic detail, including posting screen shots. Is he just releasing the film as is knowing it's low budget and most folks might give it a pass if it looked a little off? Hell no. He's demanding a new master be done and properly corrected AND he's telling everyone WHY!

He's not complaining, he's not blaming anyone, he's not LYING to anyone, he's merely explaining what's what and why it's going to take more time for the film to be released. So again, if there's any doubt that Synapse passed on MADMAN given the circumstances - is there any doubt now???
That is fucked up!

A guy spends his useless time sending messages to you saying to stop you goal... and in the end wanted to release illegal releases... the same guy that wastes time making stupid claims that his product are legit.

I guess this guy, either selling well or not, will always complains that he only sells a few copies.... YOU "MADMAN" BILL.
Demoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:36 PM   #2794
dave13
HackMaster

i do think its interesting that, despite his reputation for being a bit of a loose canon who can't control what he says, he's managed to exert a serious amount of self control in one respect: no matter how badly he's trashed on these boards (and it seems like he does read them), his apparent resolution not to post here again is going very strong.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:40 PM   #2795
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
i do think its interesting that, despite his reputation for being a bit of a loose canon who can't control what he says, he's managed to exert a serious amount of self control in one respect: no matter how badly he's trashed on these boards (and it seems like he does read them), his apparent resolution not to post here again is going very strong.
In all fairness, when he posted here, he was always pissed, even when the criticism was constructive, but, when we look at the other forum where he posts his updates, 100% of the guys always give him a "tap on the shoulders". So, itīs not very difficult to see why he posts there and not here.

On the other hand, people over there always believe everything he says... I remember when Madman was released, some user posted some screens in this forum, and he chose to post them "full screen" and without any kind of alterations whatsoever... well, when the news arrived at the other forum, they invented that the screens were taken very small and that the images were zoomed with the sole purpose to show a lack of definition that the picture didnīt have.

I like Code Red as much as I like Scorpion, but both owners, despite brothers, are the opposite side of the mirror, making me to choose Scorpion over Code Red any day of the week.

Just as thereīs a difference between a professional (Scorpion) and a professional wannabe (Code Red), thereīll always be a difference between constructive criticism (Horror Digital) and give me any kind of information and Iīl believe you (Latarniaīs Code Red section).

Over here, when constructive criticism is confronted with lies and ways to avoid the main subject we always give the guy a bad time... but in the end... he was the one who asked for it.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:25 AM   #2796
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Just a heads up, GoHastings has a couple Code Red titles on clearance at the moment for much cheaper than they are on Code Red's site.

Shipping is 96 cents per item.

Here's what I've found so far:
Vampire At Midnight $7 (only 9 left in stock)
Riot On 42nd St / Bad Girls Dormitory $5.50
Voodoo Dolls / Madonna: A Case Of Blood Ambition $7.50
Lonely Wives / Sorry, Wrong Bedroom $7 (only 8 left in stock)
Alice Goodbody $7 (SOLD OUT)

They're selling them at the same prices through Amazon marketplace, but their shipping is $3.99 per item vs 96 cents directly from Hastings website.

I ordered Vampire, Riot / Bad Girls, and Voodoo / Madonna for a combined total of $22.88 shipped. Also grabbed a few cheap used discs, as they currently have a 35% off used sale today.

Last edited by CPT HOOK; 05-22-2013 at 08:09 PM.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:59 AM   #2797
Egg_Shen
broomhead

I enjoy reading the item descriptions on the Code Red online store. For instance, the opening descriptive paragraph for Rituals;

"I briefly removed this listing due to error on shipping amount and people panic. I wrote down the names, lets see if they are going to buy it or just complaint it was never out. Geez For the love of god, BUY IF YOU WANT IT. Quit blaming on me or Obama just because you don't have money to buy it."

What does this have to do with the product? I don't know, but it's funny to read.
Egg_Shen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:06 AM   #2798
Shlockjock81
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egg_Shen View Post
I enjoy reading the item descriptions on the Code Red online store. For instance, the opening descriptive paragraph for Rituals;

"I briefly removed this listing due to error on shipping amount and people panic. I wrote down the names, lets see if they are going to buy it or just complaint it was never out. Geez For the love of god, BUY IF YOU WANT IT. Quit blaming on me or Obama just because you don't have money to buy it."

What does this have to do with the product? I don't know, but it's funny to read.
LOL he's such a dumb cunt.
Shlockjock81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:19 AM   #2799
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egg_Shen View Post

I donīt get the part where he says: "Quit blaming on me or Obama just because you don't have money to buy it."

Isnīt he the one that is always blaming us for not buying his stuff??? So why shouldnīt we blame him instead?

Last edited by Demoni; 05-09-2013 at 06:22 AM.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:12 AM   #2800
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shlockjock81 View Post
LOL he's such a dumb cunt.
Quote of the day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoni View Post
I donīt get the part where he says: "Quit blaming on me or Obama just because you don't have money to buy it."

Isnīt he the one that is always blaming us for not buying his stuff??? So why shouldnīt we blame him instead?
Well his titles often look like they shouldn't cost more then $10 and he charges $20 for them. Don't know what he expects when they're not moving out fast. Most of them are obscure titles and a lot of people aren't going to blind buy something for $20.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:59 PM   #2801
crikan
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
a lot of people aren't going to blind buy something for $20.
That's my issue. I'd really like to see Devil's Express, Heated Vengeance, Sinner's Blood, Swinging Sorority, and If He Hollers Let Him Go, but not for $20+. As it stands, I have been buying the double features.
crikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:48 PM   #2802
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Has anyone here seen Voodoo Dolls or Madonna? I ordered it from Hastings, but haven't seen / heard much about either film at all. I'm a sucker for Canuxploitation though.

Any good?
Old 05-09-2013, 05:32 PM   #2803
cjg
Maniac

Thanks CPT HOOK for the heads up ordered Alice Goodbody,what a great price
cjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:35 PM   #2804
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg View Post
Thanks CPT HOOK for the heads up ordered Alice Goodbody,what a great price
Looks like you got the last one! It's now out of stock.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:41 PM   #2805
crikan
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
Has anyone here seen Voodoo Dolls or Madonna? I ordered it from Hastings, but haven't seen / heard much about either film at all. I'm a sucker for Canuxploitation though.

Any good?
They are two of the worst movies I've seen. Dreadfully boring and cheap looking. I posted some short impressions in the Halloween 2011 thread.
crikan is offline   Reply With Quote