Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 05-09-2013, 08:14 PM   #2806
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
Quote of the day.

Well his titles often look like they shouldn't cost more then $10 and he charges $20 for them. Don't know what he expects when they're not moving out fast. Most of them are obscure titles and a lot of people aren't going to blind buy something for $20.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crikan View Post
That's my issue. I'd really like to see Devil's Express, Heated Vengeance, Sinner's Blood, Swinging Sorority, and If He Hollers Let Him Go, but not for $20+. As it stands, I have been buying the double features.
When his stuff was sold everywhere I never payed more than $15 including shipping, so I´m also one that refuses to pay $20 + shipping for a title.

Not that i can foresee the future, but I can already guess what is next rant will be... if he prices his DVDs at $20 I can only assume that his blu-rays will be something like $29, so he can bitch that everyone buys from TT but not from him...

U "MADMAN" BILL
Demoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:38 PM   #2807
cjg
Maniac

Just bought two more from Go Hastings for 7 bucks apiece . I refuse to buy anything from Bill The Grifts site.
cjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:05 AM   #2808
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg View Post
Just bought two more from Go Hastings for 7 bucks apiece . I refuse to buy anything from Bill The Grifts site.
Even if only to make him mad... well done, U MADMAN BILL!!!
Old 05-10-2013, 12:43 AM   #2809
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

I dunno if I care about any of these flicks at GoHastings - maybe Vampire at Midnight? Is that any good?
Old 05-10-2013, 02:13 PM   #2810
crikan
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutilated Prey View Post
I dunno if I care about any of these flicks at GoHastings - maybe Vampire at Midnight? Is that any good?
VAMPIRE AT MIDNIGHT is a "late night cable" slasher. It has some interesting moments and some exqusite nudity but the lead, Jason Williams, was such an unlikable loser that it took a lot of the fun out of it for me. I've seen worse.
crikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:44 PM   #2811
cjg
Maniac

Most if not all on the Go Hasting site is garbage but then most off the stuff on Bill The Grifts site is garbage at rip off prices.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:24 PM   #2812
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutilated Prey View Post
I haven't seen any of them, and they really don't look too great, but Code Red has surprised me before. Specifically Trapped and The Carrier, two movies I didn't expect much from but turned out to be two of my favorite releases from them.

Riot On 42nd St / Bad Girls Dormitory looks like trashy fun though. Two movies for only $6.46 shipped might be worth the gamble.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:27 PM   #2813
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Most if not all on the Go Hasting site is garbage but then most off the stuff on Bill The Grifts site is garbage at rip off prices.
Cheap garbage Vs. rip off garbage...
Old 05-10-2013, 09:49 PM   #2814
cjg
Maniac

I don't mind paying 7 bucks for garbage not 20. PS I hear he is sick that's why his Monopoly site is down
Old 05-10-2013, 09:50 PM   #2815
spawningblue
Deadite

Yeah their are a couple of titles from his site I am interested in, but $20 plus shipping to Canada is a little much for a blind buy DVD.

The one title I would shell out the $20, that being Nightmare, is OOP and highly sought after, yet Bill won't repress it. Like he says with every title, nobody bought it so he's not repressing it, yet it was OOP a few months after its release. I would assume that means it solds rather well, no?

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:37 PM   #2816
Shlockjock81
HackMaster

Nightmare sold very well. In fact it was probably the highest selling release in their catalogue. Bill is likely refusing to repress it due to all of the pain and suffering he claims he endured prior to its release (revenge).

Yes, he is that petty.
Shlockjock81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:31 AM   #2817
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
I don't mind paying 7 bucks for garbage not 20. PS I hear he is sick that's why his Monopoly site is down
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawningblue View Post
Yeah their are a couple of titles from his site I am interested in, but $20 plus shipping to Canada is a little much for a blind buy DVD.

The one title I would shell out the $20, that being Nightmare, is OOP and highly sought after, yet Bill won't repress it. Like he says with every title, nobody bought it so he's not repressing it, yet it was OOP a few months after its release. I would assume that means it solds rather well, no?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shlockjock81 View Post
Nightmare sold very well. In fact it was probably the highest selling release in their catalogue. Bill is likely refusing to repress it due to all of the pain and suffering he claims he endured prior to its release (revenge).

Yes, he is that petty.
One thing that I find "stupid" is that other cult genre labels sell their DVD cheaper than he does... and even some genre labels already release blu-rays much cheaper than he sells DVDS...

Hell, just look at his brother´s Scorpion, it is also a genre label, their DVDs and blu-rays are more professionally produced and he sells at about half the price. One plus thing about Scorpion is that they are available at online and retail stores, and he never bitched about nothing.... the only time I saw a complain about Scorpion sales was made by "Madman" Bill, and even then, his brother never spoke a thing...

I guess those brothers are the opposite side of the mirror... kinda like Dr. Jekyll (Scorpion) and Mr. Hyde (Code Red)... or better... Dr. Jekyll and Sister Hyde.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:20 PM   #2818
crikan
HackMaster

The Code Red store is back open. And unfortunately POLICE CONNECTION and TEEN LUST are $19.99. That's too rich for me.
crikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:15 PM   #2819
dave13
HackMaster

You know, i feel for the guy - if he's sick, then that sucks. and he's trying to run a one-man business, which has also got to suck. but if he's willing to cancel orders just to spite people he's annoyed at, then there's no justification for him to complain about poor sales. ever.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:46 PM   #2820
burieddeep
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikan View Post
The Code Red store is back open. And unfortunately POLICE CONNECTION and TEEN LUST are $19.99. That's too rich for me.
Just ordered Police Connection...been waiting for this to go up on the site.
burieddeep is offline   Reply With Quote