Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 08-21-2013, 10:36 PM   #3001
MrTransistor1
Screamy Bopper

On the Stigma DVD there is a "CODE RED CODE RED CODE RED" at the top of the picture at 29 minutes 53 seconds. This is where "CODE RED" first appears.

The original camera negative for Nightmare is in very bad condition, it is pretty much destroyed. They couldn't use it for the DVD. They used prints that had been screened in theatres for the DVD.

Last edited by MrTransistor1; 08-21-2013 at 10:43 PM.
MrTransistor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:39 PM   #3002
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

So it doesn't appear throughout?...still pretty lame.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:47 PM   #3003
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTransistor1 View Post

The original camera negative for Nightmare is in very bad condition, it is pretty much destroyed. They couldn't use it for the DVD. They used prints that had been screened in theatres for the DVD.
That's just going on Bill's word though...he's never even seen the OCN as he stated it would cost $25k just to take it out of the vault.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:48 PM   #3004
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

I didn't plug my Stigma DVD in to check, but I Googled it and supposedly it turns up at ten minute intervals. I guess it flashes on the screen for about a second in extremely tiny print (upper right hand corner), and most people don't even notice it without freeze frame.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:29 PM   #3005
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
I guess the guy that is working on Nightmare also does work with Paramount and Universal...take that information however you want. Still makes no sense for Bill to spend money on cleaning up a print, when the OCN exists.
Like someone said in another forum, for all we care, that "guy" could be the janitor!
Old 08-22-2013, 01:12 AM   #3006
X-human
I ate my keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
didn't SW usually put the watermark on supplements, though? like trailers? I don't remember ever seeing it on the actual feature itself...(although I only have a few SW releases)
SWV put a watermark on a lot of public domain stuff, which wasn't unusual during the VHS and early DVD era. I don't believe they've been doing that on their recent releases like Basket Case (excluding their MOD online stuff).

While I don't think it'll prevent pirating, if Bill is able to catch someone from this I doubt he'd even sue. He just wants to be able to say "told you so." That's a pretty weak sauce imho.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:48 AM   #3007
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Scorpion Releasing mentioned this on Facebook:

Quote:
I believe Code Red just did a brand new HD master of SWEET SIXTEEN from a recently long thought to be lost IP.
So by no means an official announcement, and Code Red has said nothing about it, but it could suggest that Sweet Sixteen might be coming to blu-ray as well.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:57 AM   #3008
Body Boy
HackMaster

Sweet! I'd upgrade my Sweet Sixteen DVD.
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:12 AM   #3009
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Boy View Post
Sweet! I'd upgrade my Sweet Sixteen DVD.
Same here. It's always been one of my favorites, and the old DVD could definitely be improved upon.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:00 PM   #3010
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
and the old DVD could definitely be improved upon.
For sure.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:55 PM   #3011
Stige
HackMaster

I bought the nightmare dvd a while back and got the so so bonus features and movie on an "official release" ,but I have to say, the quality was dissapointing, and whenever I feel the urge to watch it , I haul out my "horrible scratchy bad etc." bootleg from VSOM which has in my humble opinion a superior image. Therefore I can't help wondering how the hell this is going to look on bluray?
Still waiting for a pre order for Just before dawn, and ( dare I say it, hope and dream about it, BBNM)
Stige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:01 AM   #3012
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Curse of the Blue Lights review: http://www.avmaniacs.com/blog/2013/n...88-dvd-review/

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:43 AM   #3013
The Tall Man
Stalker

Search for Code Red DVD on eBay. Some of these sellers are a fucking joke. They are already selling Evilspeak and Curse of the Blue Lights at inflated prices. OOP and Mega Rare they write ! What is it with Code Red releases that creates such artificially inflated prices ? This whole OOP thing is meaningless when in this day and age if you just wait a bit someone else will press the movie anyway, and more than likely it will be a superior print anyway. Take The Unseen for one example. I can't help myself and message these sellers telling them exactly what they are. Very rarely they reply, the truth must hurt.
The Tall Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:49 AM   #3014
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tall Man View Post
Search for Code Red DVD on eBay. Some of these sellers are a fucking joke. They are already selling Evilspeak and Curse of the Blue Lights at inflated prices. OOP and Mega Rare they write ! What is it with Code Red releases that creates such artificially inflated prices ? This whole OOP thing is meaningless when in this day and age if you just wait a bit someone else will press the movie anyway, and more than likely it will be a superior print anyway. Take The Unseen for one example. I can't help myself and message these sellers telling them exactly what they are. Very rarely they reply, the truth must hurt.
That's hilarious. I've searched Code Red titles a few times on eBay and found the same thing. It's most ridiculous when the titles aren't even OOP yet but they just say they are.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:00 AM   #3015
highclassrob
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tall Man View Post
OOP meaningless?
Then where are my copies of midnight hour, the Norliss tapes, ms 45, fright night 2, nekromantik, etc etc. all titles I missed out on and have waited many years for someone to repress.
highclassrob is offline   Reply With Quote