Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 08-30-2013, 12:55 AM   #3061
FulciLuvver
Screamy Bopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
Hi,

thanks, but I was not raised in the woods.

So now my label will be criticised now? So others who warned me about this board was right about the name callings then. Nice.

And I don't post grammatically challenged posts like he does, so I am suprised I have been accused of being "from the woods".
I don't blame you for being upset with some of this nonsense on here, and that "from the woods" thing is inexcusable.

I'll admit I do not think that your brother handles himself particularly well in public and he seems to be his own worst enemy at times, but I see no need for this kind of childish name-calling. It's beneath contempt.
FulciLuvver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:57 AM   #3062
Scorpion
Victim

Quote:
Originally Posted by FulciLuvver View Post
I don't blame you for being upset with some of this nonsense on here, and that "from the woods" thing is inexcusable.

I'll admit I do not think that your brother handles himself particularly well in public and he seems to be his own worst enemy at times, but I see no need for this kind of childish name-calling. It's beneath contempt.
thank you, was going to come here to post updates on my label's thread, and being accused of being "from the woods" on the Code Red thread (was curious what all the ruckus was about) , was not what was I expecting.

Last edited by Scorpion; 08-30-2013 at 01:10 AM.
Scorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:07 AM   #3063
myhorror
Victim

Please do post...it would be much appreciated!
myhorror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:10 AM   #3064
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoni View Post

He is smart on doing that because if nobody understands him 100% the better for him to latter say we misunderstood what he posted.

Hell, to this day, I am still trying to figure out the meaning of is signature...

"feared impresario behind CODE RED DVD, whose loving no restorations of non-obscure and non-controversial films have earned them the moniker " #3 Criterion of cult" releasing easy to find films."
It's so hard to follow what he's talking about. He should have someone to talk on his behalf if he can't form a coherent sentence.
Quote:
Hi,

So now my label will be criticised now? So others who warned me about this board was right about the name callings then. Nice.

And I don't post grammatically challenged posts like he does, so I am suprised I have been accused of being "from the woods".
I'm sure Dave13 didn't mean it but I agree it was rude to include you in his comment. I for one am loving all the blu announcements coming from Scorpion. Great stuff
Old 08-30-2013, 01:18 AM   #3065
Suicide
Space Bastard!

Quote:
thank you, was going to come here to post updates on my label's thread, and being accused of being "from the woods" on the Code Red thread (was curious what all the ruckus was about) , was not what was I expecting.
Please post, we're mostly just busting Bill's balls for his often confusing postings, this is the first negative thing I remember reading about you or Scorpion and that was really just a joke.

Sites I have no affiliation with, but highly recommend:
Hysteria Lives! . Bleeding Skull .
Suicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:28 AM   #3066
Steel76
Maniac

Well, I guess Scorpion wont be coming back to this site...

And now we missed his updates.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:30 AM   #3067
X-human
I ate my keys

Quote:
Hi,

I think this is all getting taken out of context. Nobody's truly suggesting that because of your accent (and not a lack of skills in grammar) either you or your brother must have been raised in the woods. This is a statement of playful absurdity that I think comes more from from a source of endearment for Scorpion than malice.

I've also been meaning to say for some time now that I think Code Red will release Nail Gun Massacre on Blu-ray in the least, and that in all probability a few more will follow. In fact I've held off on Messiah of Evil in anticipation of a Blu-ray down the line.

Some of those Blu-ray plans may be pipe dreams, but so are other yet to be released titles like Synapse's Kindred or Thundercrack. Code Red is actively producing DVDs (as unorthodox as it might be) and statements like Blu-ray replication costs and production information from the producer of NGM confirms this.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:49 AM   #3068
Dobby
HackMaster

Dave13 is a balls twisiting smart ass as I am also one. I would never take his words and run a marathon with his comments. Plus he has a transformers more then meets the eye. He said I could play with it also, he shares his toys. So he is a cool dude in my book and a great friend.
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:51 AM   #3069
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Hi,

Please continue to post here, don't let a few users get to you. I have a slight southern twang in my accent too, but am certainly not from the woods either...so I find it rather offensive just as you do.

I don't think anybody is criticizing Scorpion here, we usually champion your releases here. I personally own 47 Scorpion titles, with another 3 on pre-order... and I have very few complaints on any of these.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:41 AM   #3070
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Hi,

you're right, that was a shitty thing to say. i apologize. i've deleted the post.
dave13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:08 AM   #3071
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
Please continue to post here, don't let a few users get to you. I have a slight southern twang in my accent too, but am certainly not from the woods either...so I find it rather offensive just as you do.
it was meant to be a joke, although looking back on it, it's pretty obvious that i crossed a line.

part of the joke was meant to be at my own expense, hence the question mark in regards to the accent. Having had virtually no exposure to the southern or even central areas of the States, i'm at a complete loss when it comes to recognizing anything that doesn't sound like Gone With the Wind. Last night I saw Paula Dean on tv for the first time, and found her accent a complete shock - i'd never heard anyone speak like that before. Similarly, i've always been frankly unable to identify Bill's accent, to the extent that i wasn't even sure if it was an accent or not (of course, making fun of somebody with a lisp or other speech impediment is a pretty shit thing to do anyway, so that doesn't make me feel much better about the whole thing). so yeah...that's what i was trying to convey. but i failed, and ended up causing offense. i am sincerely sorry for that.
dave13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:16 AM   #3072
Katatonia
Master of Doom

No problem dave, don't worry about it. My accent is just a twang, sometimes barely noticeable.

Old 08-30-2013, 10:11 AM   #3073
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Evilspeak review: http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/evilspeak1981.php

Old 08-30-2013, 07:23 PM   #3074
Demoni
HackMaster

He is right about the name callings regarding him because he never offended anyone, same thing cannot be said about his brother as he is generally the first to offend his customers.

"Madman" Bills policy of business is something like: "Ill release what I want, whenever I want, the way I want it, because my way is the right way, and others who disagree with it can go fuck themselves".
Old 09-02-2013, 12:19 AM   #3075
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

DVD Drive-In on SEEDS OF EVIL / THE TOUCH OF SATAN:

http://www.dvddrive-in.com/reviews/n...viltouch74.htm

bruce h is offline   Reply With Quote