Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 10-25-2013, 10:00 PM   #3166
Katatonia
The Dark and the Light

Is Voices from Beyond even any good? I can't remember ever having seen that Fulci film before.

Just Before Dawn will be a must buy of course... whenever ordering is up.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 06:51 PM   #3167
unclefred
Victim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
Is Voices from Beyond even any good? I can't remember ever having seen that Fulci film before.

Just Before Dawn will be a must buy of course... whenever ordering is up.
No, it's an example of one of his worst, imo. From that periodm Cat in the Brain would be more welcome here, even though it is an amalgam of other films. It is wickedly self deprecating.
unclefred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:19 PM   #3168
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

DVD Drive-In on THE GIRL NEXT DOOR

http://www.dvddrive-in.com/reviews/e-h/girlnextdoor.htm

bruce h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:16 AM   #3169
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE “I”

http://codereddvd.bigcartel.com/prod...n-it-comes-out

Quote:
LIMIT ONE PER CUSTOMER.

If you think the dead rest in peace, prepare yourself for Voices from Beyond, a chilling ghost story with a modern twist. The unexpected death of wealthy, middle-aged Giorgio from an internal hemorrhage has cast suspicion on his scheming family, all of whom had reasons to commit murder. Rosy, the innocent daughter, is tormented by her father's spirit, who demands the revelation of his killer. Could it be Giorgio's wife, his mistress, his stepson or his stepmother? Or perhaps an even more fiendish mind is at work within the dark, deadly confines of their sprawling estate? Soon Rosy's life is in danger as well as she races against time to unmask the face of true evil and silence the unearthly voice of a ghost out for justice. From the diabolical mind of Italian horror legend Lucio Fulci, the man behind The Beyond and Aenigma, comes one of his final voyages into the supernatural, laced with his trademark scenes of terror and mayhem. Turn down the lights, curl up tight, and listen closely - the voices from beyond might be out there waiting for you, too!

1.78.1 (16x9)

(c) 1991 International Media Films., under licensed Alfredo Leone
http://codereddvd.bigcartel.com/prod...n-it-comes-out

Quote:
LIMIT 2 PER CUSTOMER.

JUST BEFORE DAWN

Five friends set out for a weekend camping excursion, to drink, frolic and skinny-dip on an isolated piece of land one of them has inherited. Despite ominous warnings from local forest ranger (GEORGE KENNEDY, AIRPORT, DEATHSHIP), strange backwoods families, and a hollering drunken hunter (Mike Kellin, SLEEPAWAY CAMP) claiming to have witnessed his friend’s evisceration by the hands of "Demons", they trek further into the foliage. Beautifully shot, extremely eerie, and with a horrifying twist that will make you wonder...Will any of them survive those dark hours Just Before Dawn? Starring Gregg Henry (MEAN DOG BLUES, RICH MAN POOR MAN), Deborah Benson (SEPTEMBER 30, 1955), Jamie Rose (TV's LADY BLUE), Chris Lemmon (TV's THUNDER IN PARADISE), and Ralph Seymour (UNDERGROUND ACES). CODE RED proudly presents JUST BEFORE DAWN painstakingly restored from the original 35mm Internegative.

special features.

+ FIRST TIME! ORIGINAL UNCUT VERSION from the original InterNegative

+ EXTENDED CUT, for overseas distribution

+ Original Theatrical trailer

1.78:1 (16x9)

R/ COLOR

Last edited by zbinks; 10-30-2013 at 06:30 AM. Reason: Descriptions added
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:20 AM   #3170
Suicide
Space Bastard!

Cool, anyone know when these are supposed to actually come out though? I'm in for Just Before Dawn, but I don't want to pay now and then wait months before it comes out.

Sites I have no affiliation with, but highly recommend:
Hysteria Lives! . Bleeding Skull .
Suicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:22 AM   #3171
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

I love Just Before Dawn, but can't justify paying $27 for a barebones disc with none of the previously released features. If it had a couple of new features then I would pick it up in a heartbeat. But $27 for 5 extra seconds of footage and none of the previous features? I don't think I can do it.
fattyjoe37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:32 AM   #3172
Katatonia
The Dark and the Light

I put in a pre-order for Just Before Dawn. There's just no way I'm passing it up. I'd also like to know when exactly it'll come out however...

I'm vaguely intrigued by Voices from Beyond, but not enough for a $22 blind buy.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:23 AM   #3173
Zollman
Victim

Lieberman says Olsen doesnt have clearance to release JBD.
Zollman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:10 AM   #3174
maniac666
Stalker

WTF??!When it ask me where i live,i said Canada and when i checkout it says they don't ship to Canada!!What the hell Code Red!!??I'm not in Zimbabwe,i'm just north from you!!Are they gonna sell this through Amazon?
Old 10-30-2013, 09:45 AM   #3175
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

I'm ready to order, but I wish he had waited for his next batch of DVDs. Trick Or Treats is supposedly among them, and I'd have rather ordered them together to save on shipping costs. Supposedly he has 6 DVD only titles being released at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicide View Post
Cool, anyone know when these are supposed to actually come out though? I'm in for Just Before Dawn, but I don't want to pay now and then wait months before it comes out.
Shouldn't be long, Bill has said he has already paid the pressing plant. My guess would be another week or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattyjoe37 View Post
But $27 for 5 extra seconds of footage and none of the previous features?
According to the listing, it's not just the uncut version, but the extended cut from overseas versions (according to IMDB, it's 9 extra minutes).
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:38 PM   #3176
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

No mention of the extended cut being in SD or high-def. Regardless, very stoked for this! I'll make my own combo-pack using the Media Blasters DVD for the extras. I wasn't actually expecting Bill to produce new material for this reissue since he probably figures he spent enough on the restoration.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:53 PM   #3177
Drinkinstein
Stalker

This US only shipping business better be a mistake, I've been buying from bill direct for awhile and now my MOST anticipated CR goes up for preorder and I'm not ALLOWED to buy it because I'm in Canada? Horseshit.
Drinkinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:22 PM   #3178
The Tall Man
Stalker

FUCK YOU CODE RED

Never again will I order from your site. I tried to pre book the 2 new blurays, this is what I got ....

Sorry, “LUCIO FULCI'S VOICES FROM BEYOND (BLU) (LIMITED 1,OOO) PRE-BOOK, WILL BE SHIPPED WHEN IT COMES OUT” doesn’t ship to Australia
Sorry, “JUST BEFORE DAWN (BLU) (LIMITED EDITION) PRE-BOOK. WILL BE MAILED WHEN IT COMES OUT” doesn’t ship to Australia
The Tall Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:46 PM   #3179
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

The shipping limits may come from licensing restrictions.

The JUST BEFORE DAWN blu will have two different cuts of the film -- the uncut version of the regular feature we all know and love, plus the "extended" cut that surfaced overseas with different edits, extra footage, alternate music cues, etc. Neither have been on U.S. DVD before, much less blu, plus the domestic cut will now be sourced from the IN and look MUCH better than the previous Media Blasters release.

bruce h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:18 PM   #3180
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

I bought both....would be cool if Bill gave an estimated ship date. Even if he doesn't know exactly when...he could just say "end of November" or some shit and satisfy the masses.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote