Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 10-31-2013, 05:12 AM   #3211
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Bill posted this on the Code Red Group on Facebook!:

"PRESSING PLANT is slow, so I miss this release for Halloween . ):

TRICK OR TREATS

EXTRA:

Brand New HiDef master from the original 35mm camera negatives!

Audio commentary with stars Jackie Giroux, Peter Jason, Chris Graver, Cinematographer R. Michael Stringer, moderated by Sean Graver.

audio interview with Steve Railsback

1.78.1 (16x9)

(c) 1982 Gary Graver production.

PLOT:
Five years after his wife, Joan (Carrie Snodgress, THE FURY), had him wrongfully and deliberately committed to a mental institution so she could live with her boyfriend (David Carradine, KILL BILL, TV's KUNG-FU), Malcolm (Peter Jason, 48HRS) escapes on Halloween night and arrives back at his old house to murder her, except Joan is not home but she's out with her boyfriend while babysitter Linda (Jacqueline Giroux, THIS IS HIJACK) is looking after Malcolm's 10-year-old son Christopher (Chris Graver), an equally psychotic and demented practical joker until, under cover of darkness, Malcolm shows up and planning on making a visit. Steve Railsback (STUNT MAN, LIFEFORCE), Paul Bartel (EATING RAOUL), Jillian Kesner (RAW FORCE), John Blyth Barrymore Football great Dan Pastorini and Tim Rossovich co-star. Written, produced & director by the late Gary Graver! magical advisory by Orson Welles!!!"
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:14 AM   #3212
Marshall Crist
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by elDomenechHDG View Post
I've actually never seen THE PREY. It's been on a personal list of must-see movies for a long time but I just have never been able to locate a good copy. At this point I'm not sure I want to see it unless it's a cleaned-up print on a DVD at least. Hopefully Synapse or someone will step up.
Not to piss in anyone's cereal, but it's really lame.
Marshall Crist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:47 PM   #3213
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy View Post
Actually to my knowledge everybody and their grandmother buys 2 when limited. It's a wise investment and you end up getting your money back and a few extra pennies.
Those people are assholes, and that doesn't make it right. Keep your financial strategies to yourself around here please. Just a word of advice
Old 10-31-2013, 02:35 PM   #3214
Body Boy
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Crist View Post
Not to piss in anyone's cereal, but it's really lame.
Not to piss on your face, but it's REALLY AWESOME!

Haha, sorry. I had to. I've been a big fan of The Prey ever since I first watched it 6 years ago. I'd love a DVD or Blu.
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:37 PM   #3215
shape22
HackMaster

Quote:
Actually to my knowledge everybody and their grandmother buys 2 when limited. It's a wise investment and you end up getting your money back and a few extra pennies.
This is a community. Price gouging other members of that community who aren't as quick on the draw isn't going to score you any points. Mutilated Prey is looking out for you.
shape22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:02 AM   #3216
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
That's utter bullshit. I never buy 2 of something when it's limited just to make a profit off of fans.

When you admit you're a scalper like that on the forum, you're not going to get any high marks here.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:33 AM   #3217
Christy
Victim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
That's utter bullshit. I never buy 2 of something when it's limited just to make a profit off of fans.

When you admit you're a scalper like that on the forum, you're not going to get any high marks here.
I said If I bought 2 I could get a few pennies back for it later. Keyword being pennies not big bucks as I would gladly offer it to my online horror friends. So please stop twisitng my words around as I don't have the funds and can't afford to even buy one. If any of you buy two which most buyers do let me know. By the time I buy one it may very easily be out of print. I don't buy doubles unless I can afford it and very rarely can as I don't even have a job. I also never admited to being a scalper those were words thrown around by mutilated prey. If you decide to continue running a marathon then we don't need to continue our conversation. Anyway no hard feelings and thank you for expressing your discontent of scalpers as I do understand and feel the same as the rest of you. Also from lurking the forum I have noticed allot of members buy multiples copies of limited edition releases and resell later. That is why I said everyone and their grandamother always buy more then one. I never said $100 make an offer and it's yours. Hope I made myself clear and I do apologize to those who misunderstood me note taken.
Christy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 03:20 AM   #3218
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
I said If I bought 2 I could get a few pennies back for it later. Keyword being pennies not big bucks as I would gladly offer it to my online horror friends. So please stop twisitng my words around as I don't have the funds and can't afford to even buy one. If any of you buy two which most buyers do let me know. By the time I buy one it may very easily be out of print. I don't buy doubles unless I can afford it and very rarely can as I don't even have a job. I also never admited to being a scalper those were words thrown around by mutilated prey. If you decide to continue running a marathon then we don't need to continue our conversation. Anyway no hard feelings and thank you for expressing your discontent of scalpers as I do understand and feel the same as the rest of you. Also from lurking the forum I have noticed allot of members buy multiples copies of limited edition releases and resell later. That is why I said everyone and their grandamother always buy more then one. I never said $100 make an offer and it's yours. Hope I made myself clear and I do apologize to those who misunderstood me note taken.
It's cool, thanks for the clarification.

I'm not even saying it's "wrong" to make a profit when you can if you somehow come into one extra copy or something like that, but some people will just purposely buy 5 or 10 copies just for the sake of reselling them at 1000% profit on ebay...that's all I'm saying. And then that's 5-10 fans who will miss out and have to go pay a fortune just to get something that was limited.

Old 11-01-2013, 04:04 AM   #3219
Christy
Victim

Quote:
It's cool, thanks for the clarification.

I'm not even saying it's "wrong" to make a profit when you can if you somehow come into one extra copy or something like that, but some people will just purposely buy 5 or 10 copies just for the sake of reselling them at 1000% profit on ebay...that's all I'm saying. And then that's 5-10 fans who will miss out and have to go pay a fortune just to get something that was limited.
I'm too broke to be buying 10 copies of anything let alone 1. Anyway thank you for you understanding and yes we are cool.
Christy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:11 PM   #3220
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE I

Jeff Lieberman posted on Blu-Ray.com regarding Code Red's release of Just Before Dawn:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAL
Hi there.. Jeff Lieberman here. I came across this thread just now and signed up so I could post. First off, re REMOTE CONTROL Blu pricing as mentioned here was high indeed. That's because I was signing and numbering them at that price which also required taking them out of the shrink wrap. I know that doesn't sound like so much extra work but after a few hundred of them I called it quits then dropped the price ten bucks to 24.95 for the Blu ray and 20 for the DVD. So if you want, you can order it at Jeffliebermandirector.com
As far as JUST BEFORE DAWN goes, just about everything i've read here regarding me is false, tho that's par of the course on most forums. I never challenged CODE RED'S rights to the movie, I never even heard of them. The only issue I have with that movie is with the producer, who's never paid a dime of residuals to either me nor any of the actors over a 33 year period since its release. I DID participate with the Mediablasters DVD because THEY PAID ME TO. I've never taken a dime for extras on my own movies, but it was an opportunity to see at least some money on that movie so I took it - and glad I did because the extras were terrific! I have nothing at all to do with any Code Red release and am currently pursuing other channels in regard to the producer/ copyright holder. Thanks for the kind words about JBFD and my other movies I scanned on this board! JL
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=740
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:29 PM   #3221
Katatonia
Master of Doom

It doesn't sound like Jeff is disputing Code Red's rights to release the movie then... he's just disputing the Producer (which one?) not sharing any of the residual profits with anybody else connected with the film.

Old 11-01-2013, 07:01 PM   #3222
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE I

Quote:
It doesn't sound like Jeff is disputing Code Red's rights to release the movie then... he's just disputing the Producer (which one?) not sharing any of the residual profits with anybody else connected with the film.
That's my take. I think I saw a quote somewhere that the copyright belonged to the estate of Doro Vlado Hreljanovic, but don't quote me on that.
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:38 AM   #3223
Dobby
HackMaster

Hell yeah this is my favorite and most underrated slasher movie ever!
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:56 AM   #3224
Gore Lunatic
Violenza Carnale

Just Before Dawn and Voices From Beyond Blu's now up for sale on his website. Grab'em!
Old 11-03-2013, 12:15 PM   #3225
elDomenechHDG
Maniac

Are the new Blu's ready to ship? I don't see the "I'll Ship When I Receive Stock" disclaimer anymore. Bill ships fast so I might be enjoying JBD in glorious high-def by Thursday
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote