Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 11-13-2013, 09:43 PM   #3316
spawningblue
Deadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Breck View Post
Okay, thanks. I wouldn't mind picking up EVILSPEAK at some point.
You may want to wait as rumours are another company picked up the Blu-ray rights.

I don't know why Bill isn't releasing more of these on Blu instead of Hi-def transfers on DVD. Just seems like a bit of a waste to spend the money creating a HD transfer only to down convert it to DVD no? I would love to grab Trick or Treats, Retribution, Ghostkeeper, Silent Night Bloody Night, Curse of the Blue Light, ect. but I just can't justify spending $20 + $8 shipping to Canada on DVDs anymore.

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast

Last edited by spawningblue; 11-13-2013 at 10:16 PM.
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:02 PM   #3317
Myron Breck
BOO!!! Gotcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawningblue View Post
You may want to wait as rumours are another picked up the Blu-ray rights.

I don't know why Bill isn't releasing more of these on Blu instead of Hi-def transfers on DVD. Just seems like a bit of a waste to spend the money creating a HD transfer only to down convert it to DVD no? I would love to grab Trick or Treats, Retribution, Ghostkeeper, Silent Night Bloody Night, Curse of the Blue Light, ect. but I just can't justify spending $20 + $8 shipping to Canada on DVDs anymore.
Good call. I have no problem buying from independents and maybe paying a little extra but if he's not going to release blus I really can't see myself shelling out top dollar anymore. I'll probably wait.

"In this Age of Grand Illusion, you walked into my life out of my dreams..."
Myron Breck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:09 PM   #3318
elDomenechHDG
Maniac

I don't get why Code Red would start licensing titles to other labels now, just after dipping their toes in the high-def waters. Does this mean he's lost interest in the format already?
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:22 PM   #3319
spawningblue
Deadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by elDomenechHDG View Post
I don't get why Code Red would start licensing titles to other labels now, just after dipping their toes in the high-def waters. Does this mean he's lost interest in the format already?
People have been asking about Evilspeak on Blu since he announced it as so many people already owned the previous DVD. He cried that no one bought his DVD so why would he spend money putting it on Blu, not realizing that the reason nobody bought his DVD was because they already had the previous release and wanted a Blu-ray. He probably saw how well his two Blus were selling and had a change of mind, but apparently it was too late as he only bought the DVD rights for the film so and when he asked about the Blu-ray rights the owner stated another company already made an offer for the Blu.

He needs to realize and quickly, that horror Blu-rays sell well, no one wants $20 DVDs anymore. He should be releasing the bigger horror titles he has on Blu before other companies steal them away from him. The days where people are running to fork over $20 for a DVD are long gone.

PS I really hope Scorpion got the Blu-ray rights, as they would deliver a great all around package for a reasonable price. I know many asked about it in the Scorpion thread on Bluray.com, so I wouldn't be surprised if Walter took notice, especially after his brother stated several times no to a Blu-ray release. Either way, whoever got it, I hope they get more of these titles from Code Red and give us Blu-rays of them for a reasonable price!

My Movie Collection

Last edited by spawningblue; 11-13-2013 at 10:26 PM.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:36 AM   #3320
gobad2003
Victim

Where the hell is Bill lately?? I really want to order The Devil's Express and bundle it with some other titles but he never re-stocks his site Come on Bill we want to buy but you need to put them up to purchase.
gobad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:43 AM   #3321
Dobby
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobad2003 View Post
Where the hell is Bill lately?? I really want to order The Devil's Express and bundle it with some other titles but he never re-stocks his site Come on Bill we want to buy but you need to put them up to purchase.

He keeps removing then making the same movies available again every other day.
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 01:52 PM   #3322
crikan
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
Did anyone pick up that 3 pack DVD with Tarzana? How bad are those transfers?...are they worth the $20, or should I just stick with the SWV release?

I know it says they are sold out but Diabolik still has them in stock and I wouldnt mind seeing an upgrade of Tarzana even if it is only marginal.

I don't have the SWV to compare it to but TARZANA and THE FEMALE BUNCH are in bad shape. The damage you see in that FEMALE BUNCH screenshot in prevalent throughout the entire picture. TARZANA is very watchable but throughout the entire film there is a strange smeary fog that pulsates. It doesn't show in the screenshot. PIRANHA has a fair amount of dirt and debris but is fine.

Since I didn't have any of the films I was pleased with the purchase. It's not a problem that THE FEMALE BUNCH is scratched to hell because the movie is gawd awful. Despite TARZANA's smeary fog Code Red's transfer is worth watching. It might not be worth an upgrade.

crikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 03:49 AM   #3323
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Cool thanks man...it looks like it might be an upgrade. I mean at least I won't have to see that SWV watermark.

Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 01:40 AM   #3324
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE “I”

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobad2003 View Post
A few copies of Devil's Express have been put up for sale.

http://codereddvd.bigcartel.com/prod...-aka-gang-wars
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 01:48 AM   #3325
spawningblue
Deadite

Anyone see this!? What do you guys make of it? Bootleg? I wonder if it looks as good as Code Red's transfer as I can guarantee it will be cheaper and will actually be the main feature instead of a bonus on the disc. And where the hell is the Blu?

"From the Press Release
It’s Christmas Eve in a small town, but the local children aren’t dreaming of sugarplum fairies in Silent Night, Bloody Night, on DVD December 10 from Film Chest.

A ’70s drive-in, B-movie flick, Silent Night, Bloody Night gained notoriety in the mid-1980s when it was featured on Elvira’s Movie Macabre, gaining a dedicated cult following. Now don’t miss a bloody drop … Enjoy this thriller in HD for the first time ever!"

Read more: http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/722...#ixzz2klkUqHik

My Movie Collection

Last edited by spawningblue; 11-16-2013 at 01:54 AM.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:52 AM   #3326
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
That's good news for fans. I found the film terribly boring myself.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:06 AM   #3327
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Anyone see this!? What do you guys make of it? Bootleg? I wonder if it looks as good as Code Red's transfer as I can guarantee it will be cheaper and will actually be the main feature instead of a bonus on the disc. And where the hell is the Blu?

"From the Press Release
It’s Christmas Eve in a small town, but the local children aren’t dreaming of sugarplum fairies in Silent Night, Bloody Night, on DVD December 10 from Film Chest.

A ’70s drive-in, B-movie flick, Silent Night, Bloody Night gained notoriety in the mid-1980s when it was featured on Elvira’s Movie Macabre, gaining a dedicated cult following. Now don’t miss a bloody drop … Enjoy this thriller in HD for the first time ever!"

Read more: http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/722...#ixzz2klkUqHik
Hmm, interesting.

But I think this "Film Chest" is the same studio that restored some of those cheap Blu-rays like Poor Pretty Eddie, The Terror, Dementia 13, etc... and the results weren't exactly optimal. i.e. smothered in DNR.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:38 AM   #3328
Christy
Victim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
That's good news for fans. I found the film terribly boring myself.

Yeah I really wanted to like this but found it a bit boring.
Christy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:53 AM   #3329
gobad2003
Victim

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbinks View Post
A few copies of Devil's Express have been put up for sale.

http://codereddvd.bigcartel.com/prod...-aka-gang-wars
Thanks for the heads up I picked this up along with Trick 'R Treat
gobad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:57 AM   #3330
Kim Bruun
HackMaster

Quote:
It's up for pre-order: http://www.amazon.com/Silent-Night-B...C+Bloody+Night

But seriously, the Code Red release looks and sounds better than I had ever dared to imagine this movie could, and I have no interest in another DVD release. I would probably upgrade if it came out on blu, as I actually enjoy the atmosphere of this one.
Kim Bruun is offline   Reply With Quote