Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 11-28-2013, 06:48 AM   #3346
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

NIGHT OF THE LIVIN' DEAZ UNRATED/2.35:1

George Romero directs this cult classic! The radiation from a fallen satellite might have caused the recently deceased to rise from the grave and seek the living to use as grub. This is the situation that a group of losers penned up in an old farmhouse must deal with. Racial tension escalates as African-American brother Duane Jones tries to tell everyone what to do, and one honky (Karl Hardman) doesn’t want to listen. Code Red is proud to present this classic motion picture in the euro-cut in 2.35:1 Letterbox as many Asian countries viewed it that way. To add some creativity, we did a tribute to Al Adamson by adding color dimension to this historical release.

ZOMBIEZ (aka I EAT YOUR SKIN) PG/ 2.35:1

A bunch of groovy white cancer researchers partying on a remote Caribbean island discover that by treating the black natives with snake venom, they can turn them into egg-eyed zombies with attitude. Soon, they have an army of the soulless brother creatures in order to conquer the world!! Zombies never got as lame as in this 1964 movie that is so intense that it was not released to the theatres until 1971. Now it has become a cult classic since it's on tons of vhs/dvd releases from public domain companies. Code Red is proud to present this motion picture in the euro-cut in 2.35:1 Letterbox as many Asian countries viewed it that way. Too add some creativity, we did a tribute to Al Adamson by adding color dimension to this historical release.
Old 11-28-2013, 06:52 AM   #3347
Nailwraps
HackMaster

DVD edition of Just Before Dawn:
http://codereddvd.bigcartel.com/prod...efore-dawn-dvd
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 07:48 AM   #3348
foller
Stalker

Both versions on one DVD....Quality?....
foller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 08:28 AM   #3349
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE “I”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutilated Prey View Post

George Romero directs this cult classic! The radiation from a fallen satellite might have caused the recently deceased to rise from the grave and seek the living to use as grub. This is the situation that a group of losers penned up in an old farmhouse must deal with. Racial tension escalates as African-American brother Duane Jones tries to tell everyone what to do, and one honky (Karl Hardman) doesn’t want to listen. Code Red is proud to present this classic motion picture in the euro-cut in 2.35:1 Letterbox as many Asian countries viewed it that way. To add some creativity, we did a tribute to Al Adamson by adding color dimension to this historical release.

A bunch of groovy white cancer researchers partying on a remote Caribbean island discover that by treating the black natives with snake venom, they can turn them into egg-eyed zombies with attitude. Soon, they have an army of the soulless brother creatures in order to conquer the world!! Zombies never got as lame as in this 1964 movie that is so intense that it was not released to the theatres until 1971. Now it has become a cult classic since it's on tons of vhs/dvd releases from public domain companies. Code Red is proud to present this motion picture in the euro-cut in 2.35:1 Letterbox as many Asian countries viewed it that way. Too add some creativity, we did a tribute to Al Adamson by adding color dimension to this historical release.
"BROTHERZ REVENGE DOUBLE BILL! NIGHT OF LIVIN DEADZ + ZOMBIEZ (letterboxed 2.35.1)"

"BOTH SHOWN IN LOLLIPOP COVERMATION"

Am I the only one that's a little about this release?
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 08:31 AM   #3350
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbinks View Post
Am I the only one that's a little about this release?
Nope!

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 08:33 AM   #3351
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Definitely odd.
Old 11-28-2013, 03:17 PM   #3352
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

Definitely an odd choice for a release -- I can't see them selling too many way overmatted, partially tinted (?!) PD staples except to those who need to own every single title the label puts out.

I'll pick up the Euro-war double-bill, but will wait until a few more new titles get added to bundle it with.

bruce h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 03:35 PM   #3353
elDomenechHDG
Maniac

"Pre-Apocalyptic Collection"? Another double-meaning, in-joke?
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 03:55 PM   #3354
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutilated Prey View Post

Dis shit for realz? WTF? Is anyone even considering getting it, and if so, why?

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 05:37 PM   #3355
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce h View Post
I'll pick up the Euro-war double-bill, but will wait until a few more new titles get added to bundle it with.
I picked it up for Commandos (aka Sullivan's Marauders) – even though it's still the US version that's cut by like almost 30 minutes. It has to look better than the terrible public domain transfers everywhere at least. I don't think the uncut version is available anywhere...at least not with the English dub or with subs.

I don't get the "Pre-Apocalyptic Collection" moniker on the release at all though... it's gotta be an inside joke or something.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:54 AM   #3356
The Tall Man
Stalker

Just watched Love Butcher and Trick or Treats back to back. I thought Love Butcher was great, it was a real surprise. As for Trick or Treats, what a pile of crap. I should have listened to those here who know better, it was just boring and tedious. I mean, I don't count this as a spoiler, but a whole fucking movie where nothing happens except some kid tormenting his baby sitter ? And then a few lame kills at the end ?

Never before in the history of cinema have I wanted to see a kid DIE so bad as in this crap movie. That fat little fucker was so annoying ... I am tempted to watch this shit movie again on an old style TV just so I can throw a brick at his fat fucking head and not worry about the consequences.

Also, the "special features' had an audio interview with one of the, cough, stars Steve Nutsack or whatever the fuck his name is. He was in the movie for like 2 minutes and they were non essential scenes anyway !

Anyone else watched both of these yet ?
The Tall Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 06:31 PM   #3357
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE “I”

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tall Man View Post
Just watched Love Butcher and Trick or Treats back to back. I thought Love Butcher was great, it was a real surprise. As for Trick or Treats, what a pile of crap. I should have listened to those here who know better, it was just boring and tedious. I mean, I don't count this as a spoiler, but a whole fucking movie where nothing happens except some kid tormenting his baby sitter ? And then a few lame kills at the end ?

Never before in the history of cinema have I wanted to see a kid DIE so bad as in this crap movie. That fat little fucker was so annoying ... I am tempted to watch this shit movie again on an old style TV just so I can throw a brick at his fat fucking head and not worry about the consequences.

Also, the "special features' had an audio interview with one of the, cough, stars Steve Nutsack or whatever the fuck his name is. He was in the movie for like 2 minutes and they were non essential scenes anyway !

Your opinions pretty much mirror mine for The Love Butcher. It really was surprisingly decent.

I'm not sure if I'm just a sucker for seasonal horror or what, but I had a surprisingly high tolerance for Trick or Treats. I usually can't cope with movies that focus on annoying kids being annoying, and this really is among the worst offenders. Something about this movie kept me entertained, though I'm not really sure what that something was. My wife, on the other hand, HATED it.
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:11 AM   #3358
The Tall Man
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbinks View Post
I usually can't cope with movies that focus on annoying kids being annoying, and this really is among the worst offenders
If there were a poll here with members voting on the movie with the most annoying kid in it, Trick or Treats would win hands down. Until now, I thought that kid in Nightmare was annoying, but he is adorable compared to this little turd lol
The Tall Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:30 PM   #3359
Ptflea2
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tall Man View Post

Maybe my favorite review of the year! Your hatred of Trick or Treats makes me want to see it now. Oh, and "Steve Nutsack"
Ptflea2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:38 AM   #3360
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

A surprise announcement today from Code Red DVD -- it appears they'll be issuing Mario Caiano's raro giallo EYE OF THE LABYRINTH (1972) on DVD in 2014! Its story centers around a woman investigating the disappearance of her lover, a famed psychoanalyst. Her search leads her to his old old villa, populated by a wealth of characters whose numbers begin to decrease immediately upon her arrival... Restored in HD, it will be the film's DVDebut. I can't wait -- there's always room for giallo!

Plus, Mondo Digital reviews POSSE FROM HEAVEN

http://www.mondo-digital.com/posseheaven.html

bruce h is offline   Reply With Quote