Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 02-10-2014, 08:49 AM   #3451
Body Boy
HackMaster

Honestly, I'll probably buy both a DVD and Blu of BBNM, since I like it so much. Haha
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:42 AM   #3452
elDomenechHDG
Maniac

I smell another "failure" if Night Warning ends up as DVD only. Have they not learned from Evilspeak? It didn't sell because people were waiting for a Blu-ray release. People aren't financially prepared to make double dips. This is another "format war", except it's between old and new. My money's on new.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:52 AM   #3453
Ptflea2
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by elDomenechHDG View Post
I smell another "failure" if Night Warning ends up as DVD only. Have they not learned from Evilspeak? It didn't sell because people were waiting for a Blu-ray release. People aren't financially prepared to make double dips. This is another "format war", except it's between old and new. My money's on new.
Agreed. And in Evilspeak's case, there was already a DVD release, albeit somewhat cut, but few are going to "upgrade" from DVD to DVD now a days.
Ptflea2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:16 PM   #3454
chancetx
Stalker

I think the advantage for "Butcher, Baker.../Night Warning" is that it has NEVER been available on DVD before and it's been highly anticipated since Bill announced it years ago. I think it will sell pretty well even if (big if) a Blu release happens sometime in the future. The collector/hoarder in me doesn't mind double-dipping on obscure titles like this. Better this than yet another version of "Halloween" or "The Evil Dead."
chancetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:03 PM   #3455
ronnie21
HackMaster

I remember seeing this on old thorn EMI video known as Night Warning back in spring of 83. my uncle rented it..
ronnie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 02:29 AM   #3456
gobad2003
Stalker

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but the first couple minutes of the Just Before Dawn Blu has audio sync problems. Not that big of deal but a little distracting I dont remember if the Shreik Show disc had the same issue or not?? Anybody else notice this issue

Never mind, I just had an A/V sync issue with my player, Now it plays fine.

Last edited by gobad2003; 02-18-2014 at 04:24 AM.
gobad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 04:27 AM   #3457
dave13
HackMaster

Just watched Julie Darling last night, and it was better than I expected. On the Code Red spectrum, it's definitely on the high side. It's pleasantly sleazy, but the story and characters are interesting in their own right, and the sleaze-factor is not the only thing it's got going for it. I didn't realize this was made in Canada, either. A few shots of characters driving on what I think must be the Gardiner Expressway, and the skyline gives it away immediately, although it certainly doesn't look that way anymore. And then there's all the TTC streetcars visible, not to mention the general Toronto-ness of the city streets. And one scene that was shot in the Eaton Center. The three leads do a good job, and it's well-made. A nice surprise.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:20 AM   #3458
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE I

http://codereddvd.bigcartel.com/ is under maintenance, which usually seems to mean something new will be going up shortly.
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:26 AM   #3459
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbinks View Post
http://codereddvd.bigcartel.com/ is under maintenance, which usually seems to mean something new will be going up shortly.
This could be exciting. Apparently Nightmare, The Redeemer and Messiah of Evil are meant to hit blu this month plus BUTCHER, BAKER NIGHTMARE MAKER was meant to be coming out soon. It'll be interesting to see what pops up.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:37 AM   #3460
Katatonia
Master of Doom

There's 4 new DVD's now up... looks like they're all "pre-orders" though. It sounds like they're probably shipped and on their way to him now though, so I doubt there'd be a long delay.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:39 AM   #3461
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE I

Foxbat
Black Dragon / Black Dragon's Revenge
Death Promise
Death Machines
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:23 AM   #3462
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

None of the release I thought would be up
Old 03-06-2014, 08:24 AM   #3463
Kim Bruun
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
None of the release I thought would be up
I won't be buying any of those. Bill has some oft requested titles, and like we know with Synapse, some releases just take longer than others. But Bill often complains when this or that title doesn't sell... So Bill, how about releasing more of the titles that your consumers actually want, or at least keeping your consumer base up to date on what the progress with those titles is?
Kim Bruun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:46 AM   #3464
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Bruun View Post
I won't be buying any of those. Bill has some oft requested titles, and like we know with Synapse, some releases just take longer than others. But Bill often complains when this or that title doesn't sell... So Bill, how about releasing more of the titles that your consumers actually want, or at least keeping your consumer base up to date on what the progress with those titles is?
It'd definitely be nice if he kept us up to date with the titles we're interested in. Maybe they'll show up later this month but who knows.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:14 AM   #3465
hellraiser40
Maniac

already have the (ancient) German release of Death Machines (i thought it was a shit movie)

i've said it many times before and i'll say it again, but

1) selling through Amazon and such again
2) some lower prices

would make me blind buy some of these again, now it's been ages ago since i bought a Code Red release
hellraiser40 is offline   Reply With Quote