Old 03-20-2014, 10:30 PM   #3481
gobad2003
Stalker

Hopefully Night Warning!
gobad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:09 PM   #3482
Drinkinstein
Stalker

Looks like it's Savage Streets and Redeemer: Son of Satan coming soon!
Drinkinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 04:54 PM   #3483
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code Red DVD
scorpion version will still be in print on dvd. CODE RED is releasing the Blu! I only gave to scorpion releasing since katarina loved the film. Now it's my turn to release it in the glorious format.... BLU. None of BCI and SCORPION's extra will be featured. just new cool sound to get everyone in the mood for revenge
https://www.facebook.com/CodeRedDvd/...al_comments=17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code Red DVD
EXTRA on BCI and SCORPION will not be on SAVAGE STREETS BLU. but we'll have 5.1 surround sound mix and also ISOLATED TRACK so we can hear the music and the songs!
https://www.facebook.com/CodeRedDvd/...al_comments=17
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:40 PM   #3484
Matt89
HackMaster

Awwww that sucks about the extras. Really blows. But whatever at least we're getting it in high def.

~Matt
Old 03-22-2014, 02:20 AM   #3485
Ptflea2
Maniac

Savage Streets at $30 or so = pass.
Ptflea2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:05 AM   #3486
Stige
HackMaster

Wait for reviews I guess. I'm tired of buying Savage Streets again and again . Didn't The Redeemer get a "sub par" transfer because the elements weren't any good? I seem to remember it just being released as the best it's gonna get ( and yes I have it)
Stige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:16 AM   #3487
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stige View Post
Wait for reviews I guess. I'm tired of buying Savage Streets again and again . Didn't The Redeemer get a "sub par" transfer because the elements weren't any good? I seem to remember it just being released as the best it's gonna get ( and yes I have it)
That's what I thought about The Redeemer too. I'm very confused about that one
Old 03-22-2014, 11:45 PM   #3488
Steel76
Maniac

Im satisfied with my Swedish DVD of Savage Streets, and its not a movie I revisit that often.

Come on, Bill! Give us Night Warning on BD. Its the one everyone have been waiting for.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:05 AM   #3489
foller
Stalker

I don't get their marketing decisions. First Scorpion released the film on DVD only after it had been released in different countries on that format before. Then they complained about it not selling well. Now the Blu is about to come out and they won't port over the extras. Why that? This is so stupid. Many won't be willing to upgrade if the extras are missing which will again result in lower sales, especially if they demand an above average price, which is likely. I am not going to spend 25-30 bucks on a barebones Blu that will likely come out with all the extras somewhere else in the near future. I wouldn't be surprised if Arrow updated their special edition in the near future. The quality of the Scorpion DVD was good enough so it does not justify an upgrade without the extras.

Just give the customers what they want, in this case a Savage Streets Blu with all the extras and even more so Butcher Baker as a Blu, too.

Last edited by foller; 03-23-2014 at 10:12 AM.
foller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:35 PM   #3490
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

At this rate, Savage Streets will join Evil Dead and Halloween as one of the most-reissued cult films of all time. I have 3 different editions myself, including Arrow's awesome DVD. Well, awesome as far as the artwork is concerned - PQ was no better than Scorpion's and BCI's previous versions. I'll gladly grab the Blu-ray as it's basically all that was left as far as upgrades but nothing, and I mean nothing will make me buy it again after this.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 04:16 PM   #3491
Matt89
HackMaster

I don't get all the rights issues surrounding these titles. Scorpion releases Final Exam on DVD, but they can't release the blu-ray so Shout Factory is releasing it? Then Evilspeak is released on DVD by Code Red but they also can't release the blu-ray so Shout Factory is releasing that too. Now the blu-ray of Savage Streets is being released by Code Red when Scorpion had released the DVD. However, all editions will remain in print. So strange.

Who has Madman, then? Hopefully Shout.

~Matt
Old 03-23-2014, 04:24 PM   #3492
MisterTwister
HackMaster

I'll stick with my DVD Of Savage Streets. Not only does it look just fine on DVD, It has the extras.

The commentary tracks are excellent.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:07 PM   #3493
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt89 View Post
I don't get all the rights issues surrounding these titles. Scorpion releases Final Exam on DVD, but they can't release the blu-ray so Shout Factory is releasing it? Then Evilspeak is released on DVD by Code Red but they also can't release the blu-ray so Shout Factory is releasing that too. Now the blu-ray of Savage Streets is being released by Code Red when Scorpion had released the DVD. However, all editions will remain in print. So strange.

~Matt
From what I understand, Code Red owned the rights to all three of those. He licensed the DVD only rights for Final Exam and Savage Streets to his brother at Scorpion (I think he said the reason he gave them Savage Streets was because Katarina was a huge fan of the film).

He released Evilspeak on DVD only and could have released it on blu-ray, but refused because he was convinced it wouldn't sell well. So he licensed the blu-ray rights for Final Exam and Evilspeak to Scream Factory. Now he is releasing Savage Streets on blu-ray, which he has had the rights to all along.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:39 PM   #3494
X-human
I ate my keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt89 View Post
I don't get all the rights issues surrounding these titles. Scorpion releases Final Exam on DVD, but they can't release the blu-ray so Shout Factory is releasing it?
In general yes, the contracts can be explict about DVD, Blu-ray, VHS, streaming, theatrical, broadcast, whathaveyou. Criterion commented as much that a lot of their older contracts don't have Blu-ray but could have DVD/LD for example.

Quote:
Then Evilspeak is released on DVD by Code Red but they also can't release the blu-ray so Shout Factory is releasing that too.
I don't think it's "Code Red can't" so much as "Code Red won't." Bill sub licensed to Shout, perhaps so he could get the cash to do other Blu-rays he really wants to do.

Quote:
Now the blu-ray of Savage Streets is being released by Code Red when Scorpion had released the DVD. However, all editions will remain in print. So strange.
That's something the brothers worked out between each other. I believe when Scorpion originally released the DVD Walter said as much when he was asked why Scorpion didn't release a Blu-ray. That's how they split Savage Streets when Walter left Code Red to form Scorpion Releasing.

Ironically Walter may not have been so gung ho about HD initially, but now he's got more Blu-ray releases under his belt then Bill.

Quote:
Who has Madman, then? Hopefully Shout.
Both formats on Code Red I guess. And Bill flat out stated he's not letting Shout release any more Blu-ray's for him because people were commenting they didn't want to have to deal with Code Red for their Blu-rays and wanted Shout to release more of them.

But he's pretty wishy washy with those statements, so who knows it may have just been a way to get people to stop asking him about it.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:24 PM   #3495
Scorpion
Victim

Quote:
Originally Posted by foller View Post
I don't get their marketing decisions. First Scorpion released the film on DVD only after it had been released in different countries on that format before. Then they complained about it not selling well. Now the Blu is about to come out and they won't port over the extras. Why that? This is so stupid. Many won't be willing to upgrade if the extras are missing which will again result in lower sales, especially if they demand an above average price, which is likely. I am not going to spend 25-30 bucks on a barebones Blu that will likely come out with all the extras somewhere else in the near future. I wouldn't be surprised if Arrow updated their special edition in the near future. The quality of the Scorpion DVD was good enough so it does not justify an upgrade without the extras.

Just give the customers what they want, in this case a Savage Streets Blu with all the extras and even more so Butcher Baker as a Blu, too.
I dont recall ever complaining about it selling poorly, in fact, it did very well, not gang buster, (WHERE THE BOYS ARE sold better) but it still sold well enough for me, so no complaint from me.

I think he was copying Twilight Times model, by having only a isolated music only track, plus a new 5.1 mix, to appeal to the fans of the soundtrack?
Scorpion is offline   Reply With Quote