Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 01-04-2009, 11:12 PM   #61
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt89 View Post
I'd definitely grab Night Warning but I'd DEFINITELY pass on The Mutilator.

~Matt
Yes yes, we've all heard multiple times how you feel about Mutilator, and it is indeed blasphemy!

Last I heard there was a big dispute about which distributor had the rights to do the DVD release of Mutilator, and I believe there is some court time involved. It will be released one way or another.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:13 PM   #62
Matt89
HackMaster

It's terrible, what can I say?

Oh well, at least there are SOME people out there who like it I guess...

~Matt
Old 01-04-2009, 11:18 PM   #63
vampyr789
9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

Quote:
but I'd DEFINITELY pass on The Mutilator.
~Matt
The Mutilator is a trashy classic. Its a so-terrible-its-awesome movie for me. i love everything about it. there is some really great gore!! the movie is so fun! i really hope it comes out this year!!

New Friday the 13th Boxset Petition
vampyr789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:20 PM   #64
Kim Bruun
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhett View Post
Could this finally be the year for Spasms, Night Warning, Nightmares, The Mutilator and The Visitor?
I've already seen Spasms, and having seen it, I won't be buying it.

I'm very much looking forward to Night Warning, The Mutilator, and Silent Scream, though! I'll probably end up getting Nightmares at well, but those three are the ones I'm most excited about

There haven't been any news about Silent Scream in a long time, though... I hope it won't be too long before that release materialises.
Kim Bruun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:44 PM   #65
rhett

Quote:
I'd definitely grab Night Warning but I'd DEFINITELY pass on The Mutilator. But what I really want to know is what's happening with that Massacre at Central High Special Edition DVD that was mentioned a few months ago?
There was a thread under its other name, THE REDEEMER, where Code Red stated the original film print has been lost and there simply aren't good enough materials in circulation to even warrant a release. A shame that one is.

I didn't care all that much for THE MUTILATOR on video, but the only copy I've seen is the butchered one. I'd like to see it with new eyes uncut. And plus, it's never too early to go on a Fall Break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Bruun
There haven't been any news about Silent Scream in a long time, though... I hope it won't be too long before that release materialises.
The last that was mentioned about SILENT SCREAM was that since Code Red has the rights for a very long period, they will save that release for later. They were also shopping the print around to transfer houses to get a nice HD telecine done. Perhaps that is done at this point?
Old 01-04-2009, 11:44 PM   #66
Body Boy
HackMaster

Code Red owns Silent Scream for life, so I think they'll release it at a time when less titles are being shipped out.

Man, I can't believe Night Warning is almost here! I remember talking with one of the Code Red people back in September/October of 2007 about releasing Night Warning on DVD. They tried to tell me that it wasn't really a slasher, and all this crazy stuff. Then in December 2007, they are apparently releasing it. Haha. Did I convince them? Or did they already have the title long before I got there? Hehe, who knows? Maybe CR can clear this up. Either way, I'm getting the film I want! God, I love their films.
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:51 PM   #67
Matt89
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhett View Post
There was a thread under its other name, THE REDEEMER, where Code Red stated the original film print has been lost and there simply aren't good enough materials in circulation to even warrant a release. A shame that one is.
No, I think you're mistaken. I'm pretty sure Code Red meant this movie. Massacre at Central High is owned by some other company, not Code Red. I forget the name of the company, but it's defintely not CR.

*And Massacre at Central High's alternate title (in the UK) is Blackboard Massacre, not The Redeemer.

~Matt
Old 01-05-2009, 12:07 AM   #68
rhett

Quote:
No, I think you're mistaken. I'm pretty sure Code Red meant this movie. Massacre at Central High is owned by some other company, not Code Red. I forget the name of the company, but it's defintely not CR.

*And Massacre at Central High's alternate title (in the UK) is Blackboard Massacre, not The Redeemer.

~Matt
Foiled again! I always confuse MASSACRE AT CENTRAL HIGH and CLASS REUNION MASSACRE. Great news if the Carradine flick finally makes it to disc, though.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:49 AM   #69
fceurich39
HackMaster

nightmare should be coming in a few months i think all code red has to do is get subtitles for the director's interview and edit the 90 min interview
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 02:19 AM   #70
CrazyFatEthel
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampyr789 View Post
yeah i am really anticipating Night Warning, Nightmare, and The Mutilator...
Me too!!!!
Old 01-05-2009, 02:25 AM   #71
promnight13
Victim

I would purchase SPASMS, NIGHT WARNING, NIGHTMARE and THE VISITOR but would give my left arm for a SILENT SCREAM S.E.
promnight13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 02:36 AM   #72
gore

I just want to click the preorder button for something
Old 01-06-2009, 07:30 AM   #73
streetlight
Victim

i read somewhere else they are planning on 1982's Scream for a summer release this year. A widescreen print with a director commentary in my possession would make me want to yank my crank in joy
streetlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:49 PM   #74
WesReviews
HackMaster

I can't believe they're releasing Scream over The Redeemer. I know they haven't come up on a good enough print to use for The Redeemer yet, but man... this movie needs a release. More people need to see it!

Oh, The Horror! Reviews - Horror movie reviews... all decades, all sub-genres.
ACTION ALLIANCE - Action film talk with action film fans.

"Life differs from the play only in this... it has no plot, all is vague, desultory, unconnected till the curtain drops with the mystery unsolved." - Edward George Bulwer-Lytton
WesReviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 02:28 AM   #75
VideoViolence

Scream? What I've read about this movie doesn't exactly make it sound like a good purchase. Unless there's an Uncut version with all the bloody deaths intact(Unless it was filmed otherwise), then what's the fucking point?? The Redeemer would be more than worth a purchase.

All they'd have to do with The Redeemer is put a warning before the movie begins about the problems with the print/source material, and just go with that, but price it lower.