Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 01-07-2009, 03:10 AM   #76
CodeRedDVd

I seriously doubt a disclaimer will make anyone happy. How many of you seem the transfer of MAUSOLEUM? OK, now times the roughness and dirt filled of that print of MAUSOLEUM times 3, also with constant skipping due to print damages, and to top it all off, there is a dead body scene at the start of reel three, and since all three prints were plattered, this scene is completely missing!

Plus there is arch light burn in the best of the htree prints! (a big hole has burned into the center of the print!) If anyone saw this at the New Beverly screening will tell you ho bad it was. The stuff I am going through with NIGHTMARE (which is almost done) is nothing compare to the materials on this title.

It really is hopeless situation, unlike SCREAM in which the negative elements all exists, everything was in tip top shape.

And no, you cant swipe the missing scene and dialogues from a VHS master, for to do so, you have to blow out a analog VHS tape into 16x9 to match witht he missing scenes, which will result in something horrible! It will look like a Mill Creek DVD. The rights owner just did not save anything worth using.

Maybe we will put it as a second half of a double bill, more like an extra, which is what Ive been thinking of, but I just dread the day it comes out, all the complains and death threats I will get for it being so poor and unwatchable. You never win when owners do not save anything. I doubt alot of people will agree that I've been saying "I told you so" when they see the final results and see how the vHS looks better! Sometimes you cant win.):

Last edited by CodeRedDVd; 01-07-2009 at 03:14 AM.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:22 AM   #77
fceurich39
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeRedDVd View Post
I seriously doubt a disclaimer will make anyone happy. How many of you seem the transfer of MAUSOLEUM? OK, now times the roughness and dirt filled of that print of MAUSOLEUM times 3, also with constant skipping due to print damages, and to top it all off, there is a dead body scene at the start of reel three, and since all three prints were plattered, this scene is completely missing!

Plus there is arch light burn in the best of the htree prints! (a big hole has burned into the center of the print!) If anyone saw this at the New Beverly screening will tell you ho bad it was. The stuff I am going through with NIGHTMARE (which is almost done) is nothing compare to the materials on this title.

It really is hopeless situation, unlike SCREAM in which the negative elements all exists, everything was in tip top shape.

And no, you cant swipe the missing scene and dialogues from a VHS master, for to do so, you have to blow out a analog VHS tape into 16x9 to match witht he missing scenes, which will result in something horrible! It will look like a Mill Creek DVD. The rights owner just did not save anything worth using.

Maybe we will put it as a second half of a double bill, more like an extra, which is what Ive been thinking of, but I just dread the day it comes out, all the complains and death threats I will get for it being so poor and unwatchable. You never win when owners do not save anything. I doubt alot of people will agree that I've been saying "I told you so" when they see the final results and see how the vHS looks better! Sometimes you cant win.):
well said also have you guys started to subtitle or edit the interview with the director of nightmare yet so the dvd will be coming?
fceurich39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:25 AM   #78
Body Boy
HackMaster

Also, just to clear my conscience (lol), may I ask you, Code Red, how you guys came up with the idea to release Night Warning?

And yeah, people have got to stop this complaining about Redeemer. It's dead. Hehe,
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:38 AM   #79
Matt89
HackMaster

And do you guys have any idea what's happening with Massacre at Central High? I know you guys don't own the rights to it, but if you know anything, that would be great. Slaughter High would be nice, too. (Who owns that one?)

~Matt
Old 01-07-2009, 04:41 AM   #80
CodeRedDVd

SLAUGHTER HIGH is owned by Lions Gate, as they did a new HiDef master awhile ago.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:44 AM   #81
Matt89
HackMaster

Sweet, so I guess we can count on a DVD release sometime in the near future. Thanks.

~Matt
Old 01-07-2009, 04:55 AM   #82
bloodthrill
Stalker

The Mutilator is by far the title I am most anticipating,(PLEASE keep the original VHS artwork)since every available release has been so murky.With compression artifacting out the ass,the Dragon DVD just barely beat out the Unrated Vestron.That being said,I welcome each Code Red slasher title with loving arms and open wallet.Regardless of condition,(Sweet Sixteen looked pretty crummy,besides sucking as a movie,yet remained an '08 purchase).I do recall having a nice nap during my viewing of Scream,yet being able to actually see it may work in its favor.Keep 'em comin',Code Red.You guys are unquestionably the "Slasher Fan Saviors".
Old 01-07-2009, 05:38 AM   #83
streetlight
Victim

CODE RED RULES. Keep up the KILLER work guys and I'll continue to support the company. I still can't believe people are still whining about "Class Reunion Massacre". To those people, just do some work and track down the Continental VHS release which came out in 1985. It's the best quality of the film available. I luckily found it for $2.50 last summer in some flea market about 30 minutes from my parents house and they live in the country, in the middle of nowhere. The quality of the print looks AWESOME, the tape looks like it was hardly ever played... I also bought another copy from a video store going out of business store near the flea market for a measly $2. Of course not everyone will be so lucky to find it...but keep waking up each day and say to yourself "it can be done.....it can be done....it can be done...."
streetlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:02 PM   #84
HAEMORRHAGE
If he dies, he dies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt89 View Post
Sweet, so I guess we can count on a DVD release sometime in the near future. Thanks.

~Matt

I surely hope so.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:45 PM   #85
Shlockjock81
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodthrill View Post
(PLEASE keep the original VHS artwork).
I don't think you'll have to worry about that. Code Red is really good about using the original poster/VHS cover art. One of the many reasons why I think they're just about the best DVD company out there right now for genre films.
Shlockjock81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:24 PM   #86
gore

I saw on your blog you are releasing Trapped (looks good). Any plans of other movies like this, the backwoods/deliverance style movies? These and lost slasher movies are great.

Hunter's blood, rituals, iced, death valley (peter billingsly?) , ticks, edge of the axe, frozen scream, boogens, humungous, house of death, fatal games, open house, ghosthouse, to all a goodnight, pledge night, death spa, borrower, video dead, killer party, night school, the prey?

Any of those?

Looking forward to Silent Scream. Well done
Old 01-08-2009, 12:08 AM   #87
X-human
I ate my keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeRedDVd View Post
I doubt alot of people will agree that I've been saying "I told you so" when they see the final results and see how the vHS looks better! Sometimes you cant win.):
Maybe you could release it under a different company called Terrible Horrorible No Good Very Bad Prints. You could find a niche market that likes those kinds of things and the source material would obviously be cost effective.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:11 AM   #88
SickNick89
Stalker

I always thought the anthology film SCREAMS OF A WINTER NIGHT would be right at home on Code Red DVD. It's a great little film and CR would do it justice.
SickNick89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:20 AM   #89
Shlockjock81
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gore View Post
I saw on your blog you are releasing Trapped (looks good). Any plans of other movies like this, the backwoods/deliverance style movies? These and lost slasher movies are great.

Hunter's blood, rituals, iced, death valley (peter billingsly?) , ticks, edge of the axe, frozen scream, boogens, humungous, house of death, fatal games, open house, ghosthouse, to all a goodnight, pledge night, death spa, borrower, video dead, killer party, night school, the prey?

Any of those?

Looking forward to Silent Scream. Well done
Damn I'd kill for an UNCUT "Humongous". Maybe slightly restored too, so we can see what was actually going on!! My VHS rip is hella-dark.
Shlockjock81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:47 AM   #90
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickNick89 View Post
I always thought the anthology film SCREAMS OF A WINTER NIGHT would be right at home on Code Red DVD. It's a great little film and CR would do it justice.
Exactly - someone really needs to give that the special treatment. Fun flick.

In regards to Mutilator, I'd like to know if Bill has settled out the rights debauchary.