Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 02-03-2011, 11:18 PM   #1186
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall Break View Post
Man oh Man there is always a funny story when it comes to Code Red. Check out what bill just posted on thelatarniaforums "I notice Diabolik is pissing on code red in ebay. those dvd was supposed to be returned or destoryed. Now he's selling it for $160. Very disappointed with those two guys. Why don't they kill me to finish me off. Sometime when people sh%t like this why even continue to put things out?"

I don't know why Bill is freaking out these discs are just defective RIGHT, Not a legal issue at all RIGHT. So why would he care? Bill and his stories just Priceless.
Just read some stuff on the "Latarnia Forums" and what I think is amazing that Bill is constantly saying that this DVD has a disc problem and NOT a license issue, but until this days he never told what the problem was.
Right, maybe he has a point because a license issue is a disc problem, right?
He sould come forward and say whatīs the damn problem with the disc because all the reviews and people who got the disc donīt mention any problem.

Maybe our dvd players are better than the ones Code Red are using.

Also, DVD Beaver took their review offline but I believe that is not related to any disc problems. Itīs not the first time that DVD Beaver mentions disc problems and that reviews are still up.

Bill said that "those dvd was supposed to be returned or destoryed", well, Iīm not in favour of Diabolik but better to sell this than to destroy it.
The only difference between Diabolik and other online retailers is that Diabolik is selling through Ebay like an OOP title and the other retailers sold their pre-order copies in advance.
Demoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:25 PM   #1187
maskull
No Avatar! Boo!

aw man! Group Marriage was 13.99 on amazon.ca yesterday and today it's gone up to 18.99. Damn, I meant to buy it a couple of days ago and forgot about it.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:32 PM   #1188
highclassrob
Stalker

Well, he constantly laments not being able to sell copies of his movies. So I wonder how this will play out with future code red releases through diabolik dvd's website. I wonder if he'll cut off his nose to spite his face and enforce some kind of ban.
highclassrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:13 AM   #1189
diabolikjn

removed

Last edited by diabolikjn; 02-04-2011 at 01:19 AM.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:27 AM   #1190
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabolikjn View Post
For the record, we had to scrounge to get copies ourselves and ever person that preordered from us, got one from us. No other online shop is still selling them and the reason I don't sell the few copies I have on the site is because people will buy them and flip them. Bill from Code Red hasn't emailed me and I bought copies from Axel, Amazon, Movie Mars and got a few. I don't see him crying that these people all sold them. Also, we listed this DVD at $19.99, we aren't twisting anyones' arms to buy them.
Read my post again because you obviously didnīt understood it.

In what part of my post did I attacked Diabolik? I even said, better to sell this than to destroy it.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:33 AM   #1191
diabolikjn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoni View Post
Read my post again because you obviously didnīt understood it.

In what part of my post did I attacked Diabolik? I even said, better to sell this than to destroy it.
No, I didn't think you were attacking us at all, so I shouldn't have quoted you. I was really just trying to respond to the thread in general. My apologies.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:55 AM   #1192
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Just like the asshole who kept trying to order every copy of the Battle Royale Bluray set we had and forced us to take them down and move them to ebay.
Glad to hear that you call your customers assholes...

Every customer has the right to purchase the quantity that he wants unless stated contrary on the site.

Quote:
And, as an aside, if you wanted the disc so badly, why didn't you just preorder it? Probably because you didn't really want it until you found you couldn't have it. We take a lot of pride at Diabolik and do our best to keep our little shop afloat and sometimes it is hard to compete with the big boys, but we do our best and if we get a chance to make a few extra bucks....well, then I am sure we are going to be called assholes again.
Letīs see, when we want something we have to pre-order it? Thatīs new.

Everyone has a wishlist and the majority donīt buy all the thinks wanted right on release date.
There are many horror fans that have to count their money so that they can buy something. Others, donīt know the product and only became interested with the feedback on the foruns...

Good things learned when ordering from Diabolik:

01) Order no more than two copies or youīre an asshole...
02) If you donīt pre-order a title, then you have no real interest in it.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:23 AM   #1193
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbilly View Post
Current bid:US $163.49

We should bet on how high the bid will go
It amazes me that anyone would pay that much for this movie. I mean it's fun...but certainly far from being a classic or anything.

I guess I can consider myself lucky that I got a copy for $13.99!

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:29 AM   #1194
diabolikjn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoni View Post
Glad to hear that you call your customers assholes...

Every customer has the right to purchase the quantity that he wants unless stated contrary on the site.

Letīs see, when we want something we have to pre-order it? Thatīs new.

Everyone has a wishlist and the majority donīt buy all the thinks wanted right on release date.
There are many horror fans that have to count their money so that they can buy something. Others, donīt know the product and only became interested with the feedback on the foruns...

Good things learned when ordering from Diabolik:

01) Order no more than two copies or youīre an asshole...
02) If you donīt pre-order a title, then you have no real interest in it.
1, No, my customers aren't assholes, but this guy wasn't a customer, just a troll who kept trying to take every copy, NOT just 2, but 10 at a time and everytime we got in some, he would try to take them all even though the site did say that there was strict limit of 1.

2. More of a question than anything. But of course the title being recalled made everyone want it 10 times more and we did fill all of our preorders.

But I removed the posts so not to offend anyone, which was not my intention.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:52 AM   #1195
nateynate87
Victim

Up to $187 now.......

I personally don't think diabolik is doing anything wrong, I mean I can see why code red is upset with them but I'm not code red. So I have no reason to be pissed nor should any other fans of code red or diabolik in my opinion.

Can't everyone just get along? Lol I mean both diabolik and code red have been great to niche horror fans, so it's hard for me to get too angry at either of them
nateynate87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:15 AM   #1196
Fall Break
Stalker

There is nothing wrong with selling something on ebay for a crazy price, and if you are ok with it so be it, it's yours to do with as you please.
But maybe Code Red will learn from this and release Nightmare or another one of there titles exclusivly on ebay and sell it for a crazy amount and to be honest if that is what they need to do to turn a nice profite more power to them. I know many would be pissed but it's his to do with as he pleases.
I pick on Code Red so much but I have no interest in profiting on Bills mistake, and yes I did buy it during the pre-order but I will be keeping it.
Bill has got to figure out a way to capitalize on this kind of thing instead of others profiting on his releases.

Last edited by Fall Break; 02-04-2011 at 02:17 AM.
Fall Break is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:51 AM   #1197
Jeremy
Closet SCREAM fan

Unfortunately Bill seems incapable of realizing that his own mysterious behavior is a big part of what's driving the auction prices sky high. Simply put, people don't trust his assertions that the film is going to be re-released because he's being so vague about why the disc is being recalled. If there's an authoring or a layer change problem, say it. If you need to redo it because of the MGM parody menu, say it. But not saying anything at all when there is no independent verification of problems with the disc simply makes people assume you lost the rights and are too embarrassed to admit it (or maybe under a gag order from a court of law) .

Last edited by Jeremy; 02-04-2011 at 02:56 AM.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:48 AM   #1198
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

I tried to order God's Bloody Acre but wasn't able to get one. It would have been a cool collectible, but I'm okay with waiting for the double feature with Tomcats. I've never seen either movie, but they sound like fun.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:22 PM   #1199
Fall Break
Stalker

I finally got my copy of God's Bloody Acre from Axel Music. It took 2 weeks to get here and that is the slowest domestic shipping I have ever seen.
But at least it made it here.
Fall Break is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 01:04 AM   #1200
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall Break View Post
I finally got my copy of God's Bloody Acre from Axel Music. It took 2 weeks to get here and that is the slowest domestic shipping I have ever seen.
But at least it made it here.
I'm still in wait for mine to arrive. I'm hoping it'll show up next week sometime.