Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 02-10-2011, 06:06 AM   #1246
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Boy View Post
I loved Boardinghouse! My favorite SOV horror film. I thought it was a blast!
The leopard print banana hammock has traumatized me for life.
Anthropophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:33 AM   #1247
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall Break View Post
You know thats a good question, there is really no other movie like this. Maybe Jack Frost just because of the strange killer, but I think Jack Frost had more production value and felt less cheap. Now that I think of it, I think I will watch Jack Frost again soon.
Jack Frost. Now there's a movie I haven't seen in ages. God was the sequel awful. So does that mean Night of the Dribbler is a fun movie?
Old 02-10-2011, 10:40 AM   #1248
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Is this official?, if so where and who gave this information.
You'll never get a solid answer from Code Red about the recall. Just read their reason on the blog:

Quote:
We recently had a problem with the GOD'S BLOODY ACRE dvd and the disc was recalled and not shipped to most internet stores. Since this product was created many months ago, the disc data was no longer on our hard drive and we'd have to re-do the whole thing from scratch.
The disc had no playback defects, so why was it recalled? If it was only a "problem", why not elaborate more? They would have come out and said it by now, and every excuse just gets more unbelievable.

This is pretty funny too...

Quote:
We do listen to the demands and complaints and we would hate to see these scalpers and opportunists rip-off our consumers $275 to buy this film on dvd.
Uh, hello? Did they set an original reserve price or a buy-it-now price for that auction? NO, someone bidded that amount of their own freewill.

Last edited by Katatonia; 02-10-2011 at 10:47 AM.
Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:31 PM   #1249
Fall Break
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
Jack Frost. Now there's a movie I haven't seen in ages. God was the sequel awful. So does that mean Night of the Dribbler is a fun movie?
Ya was fun motly becasue the the crazy mask and the very dated jump suit he is wearing.
Fall Break is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:26 PM   #1250
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Ya was fun motly becasue the the crazy mask and the very dated jump suit he is wearing.
I might try and watch it first then, rather than buy it. Thanks
Old 02-10-2011, 02:19 PM   #1251
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
I might try and watch it first then, rather than buy it. Thanks
Good plan. That's what I should have done before I bought Dribbler. I'd say the film tries very hard to be funny, but the constant jokes (which are rarely funny) got old fast.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:15 PM   #1252
Dobby
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
Good plan. That's what I should have done before I bought Dribbler. I'd say the film tries very hard to be funny, but the constant jokes (which are rarely funny) got old fast.
Yeah Dribbler is pretty awful to sit through.
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:12 PM   #1253
Demoni
HackMaster

This Bill guy cracks me up...
I noticed he moves through different forums according to the one that are more nice to him.

On the 3rd of July, Code Red stated on their blog that it will be eBay time for many of their Out Of Print titles.
If Godīs Bloody Acre was recalled, we can consider it to be out of print.
With that in mind, why does this Bill guy is so damn upset about Diabolik selling it on ebay?

And like the user Katatonia said very well, the price reach that mark because someone bidded that amount of their own freewill.

Bill is constantly saying that their titles have little to no sales/pre-orders and I think that is of a big bad taste.
Almost like we are obliged to get his stuff.
I like Code Red and have the majority of their releases but some people behind the company are so damn arrogant and full of excuses.

Just because Godīs Bloody Acre sold well on ebay that doesnīt mean it will sell well on a normal release.
Imagine if there was just a couple of people bidding for that ebay copy?
And when Code Red release the product with Tomcats and that donīt sell, what will be their argument them???

On a side note... The menu is very funny but is very irritating.

Last edited by Demoni; 02-10-2011 at 08:15 PM.
Demoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:32 PM   #1254
Shlockjock81
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoni View Post
This Bill guy cracks me up...
I noticed he moves through different forums according to the one that are more nice to him.

I like Code Red and have the majority of their releases but some people behind the company are so damn arrogant and full of excuses.
I don't think arrogant would be the term I'd use. More like insecure and mentally disturbed. Then again, arrogance is usually a by-product of insecurity so who knows.
Shlockjock81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:35 PM   #1255
highclassrob
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shlockjock81 View Post
I don't think arrogant would be the term I'd use. More like insecure and mentally disturbed. Then again, arrogance is usually a by-product of insecurity so who knows.
I just think its crazy that he gets all riled up like that. I wonder if he types very fast to try to spit out his words or if english is not his first language. I don't want to be insulting but a lot of his posts confusing. Grammar wise I mean.
highclassrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:06 PM   #1256
Fall Break
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by highclassrob View Post
I just think its crazy that he gets all riled up like that. I wonder if he types very fast to try to spit out his words or if english is not his first language. I don't want to be insulting but a lot of his posts confusing. Grammar wise I mean.
His first language is English and I just think he types angry. On my forums he types up some information and minutes later he will delete it leaving an empty post. I'm guessing after he cools down and thinks about what he wrote he realizes he should remove it.

Also check out what Bill had to say on thelatarniaforums "BTW, I got 4 complaint email this morning demanding a double bill release. If this continues, I guess I might have to stop and just double bill it"
It's been less the 24 hours and HE HAS CHANGED HIS MIND AGAIN. WTF are you doing Bill people have asked for many titles and you don't say shit now you are bending to every frigin email.

Last edited by Fall Break; 02-10-2011 at 11:12 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:59 AM   #1257
highclassrob
Stalker

Quote:
His first language is English and I just think he types angry. On my forums he types up some information and minutes later he will delete it leaving an empty post. I'm guessing after he cools down and thinks about what he wrote he realizes he should remove it.

Also check out what Bill had to say on thelatarniaforums "BTW, I got 4 complaint email this morning demanding a double bill release. If this continues, I guess I might have to stop and just double bill it"
It's been less the 24 hours and HE HAS CHANGED HIS MIND AGAIN. WTF are you doing Bill people have asked for many titles and you don't say shit now you are bending to every frigin email.
Well I'd prefer a double bill too. I'd like to see Tomcats even if the quality is off a mastertape. 2 for 1 is better than 1.
highclassrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 02:10 AM   #1258
Fall Break
Stalker

Just incase anybody in interested Termininal Island is $6.94 on amazon.ca. Since I'm typing I thought I would add Slumber Party Massacre Collection is $7.27. Weird prices.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:25 AM   #1259
Harry Warden
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shlockjock81 View Post
I see Bill and Code Red as being very thin-skinned, and I might add, a lousy businessman. He does jump from one forum to another and seems to grow frustrated at all of them because many folks who post are not happy with the lack of communication and all of the bullshit excuses that they continue to receive from Code Red. I have given up on any info regarding Code Red's releases. If I see them and want them, I buy them, but I don't go out of my way any longer to even look. I can usually locate them at independent stores in Pittsburgh sooner or later. If I've already order a title online, I'll be damned if I'm going to return it if their isn't a major problem with it. It's a free country. People can sell whatever they want on eBay and if some dumbass is willing to pay $200 for the DVD, so be it. When you are the head of a company, or the CEO, or even an editor of a magazine (Fangoria comes to mind), your job is to LISTEN to you core audience. If they have questions or complaints, you may not be able to always solve the problem or situation, but they have to remember that they are that direct link to the consumer. If a consumer makes a complaint, instead of becoming hostile, you should ask." What are we doing wrong? " "How would you improve the magazine", "The DVD release was moved back because...", but instead of doing this, the reaction instead is instantly defensive. The attitude of " How Dare You insult our decisions" surfaces and hell be damned. Then, these nuckleheads wonder why their companies or their magazines are failing! THEY JUST DON'T GET IT!! I don't go out of my way to buy Code Red. All you get in return is a major "anger control" reaction. I no longer subcribe to Fangoria (I've replaced it with the new Famous Monsters, which is excellent and they DO LISTEN to their fans and detractors -look at their website/forums). As far as I'm concerned, they can keep digging their graves.
Harry Warden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 02:50 AM   #1260
Shlockjock81
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Warden View Post
I see Bill and Code Red as being very thin-skinned, and I might add, a lousy businessman. He does jump from one forum to another and seems to grow frustrated at all of them because many folks who post are not happy with the lack of communication and all of the bullshit excuses that they continue to receive from Code Red. I have given up on any info regarding Code Red's releases. If I see them and want them, I buy them, but I don't go out of my way any longer to even look. I can usually locate them at independent stores in Pittsburgh sooner or later. If I've already order a title online, I'll be damned if I'm going to return it if their isn't a major problem with it. It's a free country. People can sell whatever they want on eBay and if some dumbass is willing to pay $200 for the DVD, so be it. When you are the head of a company, or the CEO, or even an editor of a magazine (Fangoria comes to mind), your job is to LISTEN to you core audience. If they have questions or complaints, you may not be able to always solve the problem or situation, but they have to remember that they are that direct link to the consumer. If a consumer makes a complaint, instead of becoming hostile, you should ask." What are we doing wrong? " "How would you improve the magazine", "The DVD release was moved back because...", but instead of doing this, the reaction instead is instantly defensive. The attitude of " How Dare You insult our decisions" surfaces and hell be damned. Then, these nuckleheads wonder why their companies or their magazines are failing! THEY JUST DON'T GET IT!! I don't go out of my way to buy Code Red. All you get in return is a major "anger control" reaction. I no longer subcribe to Fangoria (I've replaced it with the new Famous Monsters, which is excellent and they DO LISTEN to their fans and detractors -look at their website/forums). As far as I'm concerned, they can keep digging their graves.
Yeah you've pretty much hit it on the nail. I'm waiting for Nightmare (if it EVER happens) and once I've made that purchase, I couldn't give a flying fuck if Code Red goes under or not.

It really makes me laugh when I see people kissing their asses with remarks like "You guys are awesome, you have the most awesome releases, you know what us horror fans want, etc etc". That's a load of bull. It blows me away how some horror fans will just purchase a DVD completely based on the fact that it's a horror film. So then we get stuck with shit like Night of the Dribbler.

IMO there's only been a few of their releases that have interested me. Butcher Baker and Rituals, I've given up on. They're just not going to see the light of day via Code Red. But when I see a company releasing garbage like "Night of the Dribbler" and then getting defensive when they're questioned about their more anticipated releases, I kinda lose all respect.

I think what finally made me clue in that the company is run by a madman is a rant that he posted on this forum a few months ago. He was his regular defensive self as usual, but then he blamed someone on here for reminding him about a friend of his that was killed in an accident or something (?!) and went off to wimper about it! WTF.
Shlockjock81 is offline   Reply With Quote