Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 04-05-2015, 06:13 PM   #1
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Twisted (1986) Lois Smith, Christian Slater

With all these companies mining the MGM catalog (Shout, Kino, Olive, etc), here's one I'd like to see finally released on disc.

Twisted, the 1986 domestic thriller that pits psychotic nerd Christian Slater against his sister's babysitter, played by the legendary Lois Smith (somebody give her an Oscar, she doesn't get enough recognition).

It's probably too tame and slow-burn for most audiences, and too off-the-beaten-path for any of the cult labels to dig up, but I'd love to be proven wrong. I think it's a fun little thriller, with great performances from Smith and Slater.

The VHS release is in EP mode, so I'd definitely appreciate the leap to disc. Not sure it'd be a strong seller, but maybe they could pair with something similar. Perhaps the remake of I Saw What You Did (1988) (not sure who owns this one though, maybe Universal or Paramount?)?

Any fans of Twisted here?
Old 04-05-2015, 06:43 PM   #2
Katatonia
Mark of the Beast

I LOVE Twisted. Along with The Outing and a couple of others, it's one I used to rent it on VHS all the time back in the day. I found the EP VHS for sale in the early 90's brand new, and still have it.

I have a couple of better TV rips from the Scream channel (cropped 16x9) and the Impact channel (Open Matte). The Impact rip looks the best though.

The Scream TV presentation has the MGM logo before it, so they probably still have it. It was with Hemdale originally, which mostly transferred to Orion Pictures and then later on to MGM.

The movie itself was actually based on a stage play. Different people wrote the screenplay though, so it might be radically different than the original play.

Katatonia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 06:48 PM   #3
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
The movie itself was actually based on a stage play. Different people wrote the screenplay though, so it might be radically different than the original play.
I didn't know that, but I can see it. Most of the movie takes place in the house, and there isn't much in the way of action or violence.

Right after I posted, I thought of another potential pairing: Lisa (1990). Not really a favorite of mine, but it's also owned by MGM and along the same lines.
Old 04-05-2015, 06:56 PM   #4
Katatonia
Mark of the Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
I didn't know that, but I can see it. Most of the movie takes place in the house, and there isn't much in the way of action or violence.

Right after I posted, I thought of another potential pairing: Lisa (1990). Not really a favorite of mine, but it's also owned by MGM and along the same lines.
Lisa is quite good also. I have the MOD DVD-R of that one.

I think a better pairing might even be with The Caller, which MGM owns. It's mostly a weird drama taking place mostly in a secluded house/cabin.

Katatonia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 07:07 PM   #5
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
I think a better pairing might even be with The Caller, which MGM owns. It's mostly a weird drama taking place mostly in a secluded house/cabin.
Ah, good call!

C'mon, Scream Factory! Make it happen!