Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 08-19-2009, 06:32 AM   #46
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

A friend of mine emailed them about ZOMBIE, they apparently do not have the rights to put it out on Blu Ray.

I couldn't imagine who would but I'm hoping they get off their ass soon and put it out!

Although, the DVD version of it does look awesome upscaled to 1080p - but nothing compares to the real thing.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:56 AM   #47
Grim
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismac87 View Post
A friend of mine emailed them about ZOMBIE, they apparently do not have the rights to put it out on Blu Ray.

I couldn't imagine who would but I'm hoping they get off their ass soon and put it out!

Although, the DVD version of it does look awesome upscaled to 1080p - but nothing compares to the real thing.
If anyone, I'd guess Media Blasters. I doubt it went back to Anchor Bay, but who knows?
Old 08-19-2009, 11:21 AM   #48
Stige
HackMaster

the trouble with ZOMBIE was the soundtrack , the old anchorbay version rocked the speakers all 5 , the two new version MB ond BU and even the euro version with DTS just sound like mono in my ears. Am hoping maybe a DTS_Master og DD-TRuHD would be more like the old anchorbay and again fill the living room with wind and screams

that said will probably buy LDatMM and MAniac
Stige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 03:58 PM   #49
zombi3
Pure Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismac87 View Post
Damn, I was under the impression that the Zombie rights were to revert back to Blue Underground exclusively something like 2 years after the BU and SS DVDs came out.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:49 PM   #50
Crystal Plumage
Dig me..but don't bury me

http://www.mondo-digital.com/zombie.html
Quote:
And now we arrive at the most surprising incarnation of The New York Ripper -- a Blu-Ray from Blue Underground newly transferred from the original negative. Simply put, it's a beauty; the huge leap in detail is astounding, and you can even make out the fine patterns in Mrs. Weissberger's hairnet. You'd never believe this film could look so good, and the eerie landscape shots (especially during the first ferry murder) now look like finely rendered landscapes out of a nightmare. Yes, it still looks like an early '80s Italian horror movie so anyone expecting something comparable to Wall-E isn't going to get it, but there's no way this could look any better. Interestingly and not surprisingly, as this is from the negative that pesky street shot of Malco is nowhere to be found, which doesn't affect the movie much at all. The original English audio can be played either in the original mono or a fun DTS-HD 7.1 mix which pumps De Masi's infectious music to the surround channels and really adds to the entertainment value. Optional subtitles are available in English, French or Spanish. Along with a new HD version of the trailer you get two exclusive extras, also hi-def; the first, "NYC Locations Then and Now," spends a nifty four minutes comparing location shots from the film in '81 with the current locales, including Times Square, the subway to Nassau Street, the Staten Island ferry, the Cavalier Hotel, and of course the now-destroyed World Trade Center, all set to De Masi's jazzy score. "I'm an Actress!" spends ten minutes chatting with Czech-born actress Zora Kerova (in Italian with English subtitles), who was hired from Prague for the film in the quick but memorable role as a sex show performer who gets the wrong end of a broken bottle. She calls her sex scene "the most difficult I've ever done" but has better memories of her murder scene; Kerova's other notable films from the period include Anthropophagus, Cannibal Ferox and The New Barbarians. Most interestingly the still-gorgeous actress talks about how the role got her in hot water with her native country, shares sometimes unpleasant memories of other directors like Bruno Mattei and Umberto Lenzi, and remembers a nice relationship with Fulci, whom she believes was more angry at the world than women in particular. A standard def DVD of the special edition is also available, but since it costs slightly more and can't compete with the glory of watching this nasty classic in full 1080p, it should be obvious which one to buy.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:17 PM   #51
Grim
HackMaster

Nice. Glad this will be my first time viewing this film.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:40 PM   #52
Korngold
Stalker

Woot! I was worry BU was going to carry over the AB print with that wrongly placed shot. Good news all around on this.

My DVDs
Korngold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 05:50 PM   #53
Crystal Plumage
Dig me..but don't bury me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korngold View Post
Woot! I was worry BU was going to carry over the AB print with that wrongly placed shot. Good news all around on this.
Well, it was mentioned in the other thread:

Quote:
Blue Underground's Blu-ray and Special Edition DVD of THE NEW YORK RIPPER were newly retransfered directly from the original camera negative. It does not contain the misplaced scene found near the end of the film, as this was never in the original negative.
as per Blue Underground.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:33 PM   #54
Korngold
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Plumage View Post
Well, it was mentioned in the other thread:

as per Blue Underground.

Yeah, funny how people miss things huh?

My DVDs
Korngold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 05:32 PM   #55
fceurich39
HackMaster

here's info on toolbox murders blu-ray release
Blue Underground has announced that they will bring the cult horror film 'Toolbox Murders' (1978) to Blu-ray on January 25th, 2010. Video will be presented in 1.66:1 1080p resolution, and while audio specs have not been announced at this time, you can expect to see either a DTS-MA or Dolby TrueHD soundtrack.

Special features include:

Audio Commentary with Producer Tony DiDio, Directory of Photography Gary Graver and Star Pamelyn Ferdin
I Got Nailed In THE TOOLBOX MURDERS – Interview with Star Marianne Walter
Theatrical Trailer
TV Spot
Radio Spots

i am still awaiting the announcement for the crazies blu-ray to coincide with the remake
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:13 PM   #56
indiephantom
Horny Spirit

Can't wait to get NYR now, as if I wasn't excited enough already. Lots of cool stuff coming from BU.

indiephantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 09:22 PM   #57
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Can't wait to upgrade New York Ripper, Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue, and now Toolbox Murders to Blu-ray!

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 11:47 PM   #58
captain_brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorallySound View Post
Can't wait to upgrade New York Ripper, Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue, and now Toolbox Murders to Blu-ray!
Same here
Old 09-26-2009, 12:20 AM   #59
Matt89
HackMaster

What was the misplaced scene? I only saw this once (and not gonna lie...not a huge fan). But what's different about the AB transfer and the transfer for the new BU blu-ray?

~Matt
Old 09-26-2009, 05:44 AM   #60
Gore Lunatic
Violenza Carnale

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorallySound View Post
I can't wait either! The New York Ripper Blu-Ray sounds oh so sweet.