Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 05-21-2008, 04:52 PM   #31
eaglebauer
Screamy Bopper

Ving Rhames is a crap actor, wasnt he in the new awful day of the dead remake? That shit was gangsta!!
eaglebauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 05:51 AM   #32
thrashard76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
I'd rather see him than Ving Rhames.. again.
Go get the gimp.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:08 AM   #33
vampyr789
9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannafey View Post
The film is unrated. How many theatres will actually show this???
Well, if you think about it, how gory is this compared to today's standards??

i would see this just for the head exploding scene, and seeing the zombies gettin Flyboy in the elevator. I'm in! Any news on release dates??

New Friday the 13th Boxset Petition
vampyr789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 06:56 AM   #34
Angelman
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paff View Post
While they're at it, maybe they can color correct the blood, for a more realistic look. Get rid of the blue-faced zombies as well. Give them more oozing sores. Hey, let's improve the soundtrack as well...some more modern music.

What other classic films should they fuck with, while they're at it?
Star Wars and E.T. ... oh wait... they already did... and that turned out sooooo well.

I'm with you Paff, hell, I don't even like "20 years after the fact director's cuts" The movie I saw in the theater was the movie, even if the studio took it away from you, herr director.
Angelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 04:09 PM   #35
17thJuggalo
HackMaster

For those of you that hate 3D movies, it looks like you're going to have a whole lot to hate coming very soon:

http://money.canoe.ca/News/Sectors/E...488131-ap.html

I had to double check and see if that article wasn't written in 1957.

Last edited by 17thJuggalo; 11-26-2008 at 04:12 PM.
17thJuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 04:22 PM   #36
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglebauer View Post
Ving Rhames is a crap actor, wasnt he in the new awful day of the dead remake? That shit was gangsta!!
I take it you never saw "Don King: Only in America".
Ving may not play characters you like in movies you like, but he is far from a crap actor, in fact he's very fucking good with the right material.

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 07:38 PM   #37
fceurich39
HackMaster

any news on when this 3D version is coming out to dvd or theaters???
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 08:29 PM   #38
CesspoolOfSkull

I'd enjoy this, but no tampering with the blood or anything, The blood looks fine to me, Maybe it's not real looking enough, but it's the way I remember it, I first saw this on the original VHS Thorn EMI white shell case, same one that was in our rental store. I still have it too. I'd love to see it in 3D, regardless of what anyone says, I love Amityville in 3D and Friday The 13th Part 3 in 3D. This would be excellent, Now I'm hoping for Evil Dead and Evil Dead 2 in 3D. Even though I'd love to see it I know I can't though, not in theaters anyways, I seriously doubt they'll play it in Arkansas in general.
But no doubt I'd buy it on DVD. I have the Divimax DVD, the Box Set and some Region 2 PAL version of the Argento version. a 3D Version would be fine with me. lol.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:36 PM   #39
BrokeNads
Stalker

I think is silly this idea. What is the next thing to do, to make a 2D version of Friday the 13th 3D? Bananas!
BrokeNads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 11:16 PM   #40
X-human
I ate my keys

James Cameron has been helping develop modern 3D technology since Titanic; his next film Avatar will use it and is coming out next year. Peter Jackson and George Lucas are closely involved as well. We'll probably see Star Wars remastered in 3D soon.

The industry consensus seems to be that it's the best chance they have to combat Netflix and Microsoft take down of theaters.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 03:18 AM   #41
rijir
Stalker

Has there been any new news on the possible sequel?
rijir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:56 AM   #42
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE “I”

It looks like Dawn of the Dead 3-D premiered in South Korea last month at the Busan International Film Festival.

Quote:

DAWN OF THE DEAD 3-D [WORLD PREMIERE]

2013 United States/Korea, South 127min DCP Color

A National Emergency grips the country. The corpses of the recently dead are returning to life and attacking the living, devouring their victims. In the big cities, the situation is acute as people panic and confusion reigns. Two members of the Philadelphia Police S.W.A.T. unit decide to escape the city. The two escape with their friends in a Traffic Helicopter taken from the Television Station. They fly over the Pennsylvania hills seeing that the phenomenon is spreading everywhere. They cannot land for refueling without being assaulted by bands of Zombies. The four finally manage to land on the roof of an enormous shopping mall. This is the original 1979 US Theatrical release version of George A. Romero's Dawn of the Dead lovingly and meticulously converted to spectacular 3-D under the supervision of Richard P Rubinstein whose producing credits also include Stephen King’s Pet Sematary as well as the Dawn of the Dead remake Zack Snyder directed in 2004.
http://www.newamsterdamnyc.com/#!biff/cvcz
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:27 PM   #43
buck135
The Duke of New York

I can't believe it's done. I thought if it would ever get finished, next year would be the date. Hopefully a theatrical release and 3D Blu-ray are in the works.
Old 05-16-2014, 02:36 AM   #44
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE “I”

According to http://www.newamsterdamnyc.com/:

'DAWN OF THE DEAD 3-D' to screen at the Marché du Film during the Cannes Film Festival 2014!

Edit: May 18th and May 19th

http://www.cinando.com/DefaultContro...=590&IdF=63265

Last edited by zbinks; 05-16-2014 at 02:38 AM.
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 03:24 AM   #45
X-human
I ate my keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis
The original unrated 1979 US Theatrical edition of 'George A. Romero's Dawn of the Dead' has been converted to spectacular 3-D format with care, attention to detail & money, by DNext Media Inc. A Chance to walk with the living daed once again, from the master of the genre himself, and Pennsylvania's favourite director, George A. Romero!
What the hell does that even mean?

I can't help but think this is going to become a Battle Royal situation where nobody wants what Richard P. Rubinstein is selling: an overly expensive mandatory theatrical 3D release with Blu-ray 3D release. Then 5-10 years from now after Rubinstein's looked at the red ink long enough on the 3D conversion he sells cheaper rights without mandated 3D and theatrical releases optional. By then 8K is the new transfer standard and his decade old master is too obsolete to make for a decent release.

I can't see anyone walking away happy from this. Not the fans, not Rubinstein, not even the distributor who will be underwhelmed by the meek sales for the dated master. The saddest thing is I don't think Romero will be around long enough to see an 8K (or beyond) remastering of Dawn because of this dipshit.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is online now   Reply With Quote