cjg
Maniac

Unhappy Hunchback

Watched about 10 mins of this last night and it looks like shit
cjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:52 PM   #107
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

FYI - DVDPacific is having a sale and a bunch of Mya discs are going for $11.49. I picked up Hunchback of the Morgue and Evil Face.

Other noteables were Island of the Fishmen, Horrible and Satan's Wife.

I also grabbed grabbed Graveyard Disturbance to make the shipping free for $14.36 or something - still cheaper than anywhere else.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:48 PM   #108
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Sale is done - I'm not sure that one even lasted 24 hrs. Glad I got in there when I did
Old 02-04-2010, 10:27 PM   #109
ole_school

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutilated Prey View Post
FYI - DVDPacific is having a sale and a bunch of Mya discs are going for $11.49. I picked up Hunchback of the Morgue and Evil Face.

Other noteables were Island of the Fishmen, Horrible and Satan's Wife.

I also grabbed grabbed Graveyard Disturbance to make the shipping free for $14.36 or something - still cheaper than anywhere else.
Yeah, you got these for a good price. I don't mind spending like $12.00 on the MYA discs. That's about what they're worth at the end of the day. When I spend $23 bucks on then with tax I always want to kick myself in the ass.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:27 AM   #110
Nailwraps
HackMaster

The Fishmen and Thier Queen hits DVD on Nov. 23rd:

http://dvdsleuth.blogspot.com/2010/0...-from-mya.html

"US company Mya Communication will release Sergio Martino's 1995 film La regina degli uomini pesce, the sequel to L'isola degli uomini pesce, and the release date is November 23. More info when available."
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:02 AM   #111
x666x
HackMaster

Cool. Was always curious about the sequal and bummed that I didn't get the X Rated Kult release that had both. This will be someone redeeming.
x666x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 06:04 PM   #112
Horrorphilly
Maniac

I Netflixed Satan's Wife and it looks like shit.I cant believe how MYA is still being allowed to release these bootleg movies.There are a few I want but its ridiculous, the prices these dvds are going for.Sorry to bring up this old thread,I just had to rant.

sean
Horrorphilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 06:42 PM   #113
Jason25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horrorphilly View Post
I Netflixed Satan's Wife and it looks like shit.I cant believe how MYA is still being allowed to release these bootleg movies.There are a few I want but its ridiculous, the prices these dvds are going for.Sorry to bring up this old thread,I just had to rant.

sean

No, you are right, they do look like shit. I don't care how cheap they are when they are on sale, they still suck. Waste of money.
Jason25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:10 PM   #114
Crystal Plumage
Dig me..but don't bury me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason25 View Post
No, you are right, they do look like shit. I don't care how cheap they are when they are on sale, they still suck. Waste of money.
Amen Jason, I still haven't bought any of the MYA releases just because most of them look like shit. Sure, there are some that look a bit better, but those are not my taste.
There's only one I have my eyes on, one of the only MYA releases I read positive things about: "Without Trace" by Caiano.

It's on my to buy next list.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:58 PM   #115
f.ramses
Maniac

I buy them regardless of the quality because for most of the stuff they release it's not like I know of another, better release or another release at all; it's only their release or a bootleg DVD-R and I'd rather have the factory disc. Most of their movies are of no interest to me but they did do a few I really wanted so I'm glad they're around. iirc Without Trace was decent quality wise. I'm looking forward to Death Will Have Your Eyes and really wish they'd set a date for Giallo A Venezia!
Old 02-14-2011, 06:41 PM   #116
Crystal Plumage
Dig me..but don't bury me

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.ramses View Post
for most of the stuff they release it's not like I know of another, better release or another release at all;
You might not KNOW about other releases, but they usually are around the corner. You just can't know everything.

Quote:
it's only their release or a bootleg DVD-R and I'd rather have the factory disc.
I'd rather keep my money for better stuff that's out there. But hey, that's me.

Quote:
Without Trace was decent quality wise.
Thanks!
Old 02-14-2011, 07:30 PM   #117
dave13
HackMaster

the only MYA release i've got is their Four Flies on Grey Velvet disc. It's been a while since I watched it, and I think I was pretty forgiving of any a/v issues it may have had, since I was just glad to have a copy of it at all.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:57 PM   #118
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
the only MYA release i've got is their Four Flies on Grey Velvet disc. It's been a while since I watched it, and I think I was pretty forgiving of any a/v issues it may have had, since I was just glad to have a copy of it at all.
x2
Demoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:07 PM   #119
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
Ditto.
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:54 PM   #120
Body Boy
HackMaster

Their Horrible (aka, Absurd; Anthropophagus II) disc was pretty decent too. Widescreen, and very fine picture, with the exception of a few messy video segments that included the only uncut stuff to use, so it's acceptable.
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote