Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 04-07-2014, 01:27 PM   #1
maybrick
HackMaster

New CREEPSHOW soundtrack LP

Pre-ordered! Oh yeah!

For more info on this awesome collector's release:

http://www.fangoria.com/new/art-rele...-from-waxwork/

Last edited by maybrick; 04-07-2014 at 01:30 PM.
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:59 PM   #2
DVD-fanatic-9
Everyone Else's Hobby

Man, have you noticed that the music that plays when Richard is checking the beach to make sure Harry was carried out by the tied... that music is nowhere on the original soundtrack?

Is that a library track or something? No, it couldn't be. But, it's not on the soundtrack... And I want it to be.
DVD-fanatic-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:17 PM   #3
maybrick
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD-fanatic-9 View Post
Man, have you noticed that the music that plays when Richard is checking the beach to make sure Harry was carried out by the tied... that music is nowhere on the original soundtrack?

Is that a library track or something? No, it couldn't be. But, it's not on the soundtrack... And I want it to be.
Are you referring to the Camptown Races theme? They went back to the original tapes for this expanded release so maybe it'll be included.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:44 PM   #4
wago70
Robinson Crusoe on Mars

Romero has been known to use library music in his films. It really sounds like it to me. BuySoundtrax has the track listing on their site - check for clues there.
wago70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:03 AM   #5
DVD-fanatic-9
Everyone Else's Hobby

I assumed he basically stopped doing that after he got a regular composer, like Richard Harrison. (Have I got the right name?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybrick View Post
Are you referring to the Camptown Races theme? They went back to the original tapes for this expanded release so maybe it'll be included.
Well, you remember the scene right? When the wind is blowing and you hear that haunting chorus. He picks up a small bucket of sand and we cut to the sun setting and the music gets really ominous. (Isn't Camptown Races that famous "doo dah" song? This wasn't it. Couldn't have been.)

I'm thinking there were vocalists on some of the other tracks... but I can't think of any. Other than the main theme. But, that's what's convinced me that the track that plays during this scene has got to be composed for the film. Yet, I listened hard through the old LP and couldn't find it after the scene where Harry drowns and before the scene where Harry and Becky sneak into Richard's apartment.

Maybe I'll YouTube it, see what I get.

Last edited by DVD-fanatic-9; 04-08-2014 at 01:06 AM.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:20 AM   #6
maybrick
HackMaster

Quote:
I assumed he basically stopped doing that after he got a regular composer, like Richard Harrison. (Have I got the right name?)

Well, you remember the scene right? When the wind is blowing and you hear that haunting chorus. He picks up a small bucket of sand and we cut to the sun setting and the music gets really ominous. (Isn't Camptown Races that famous "doo dah" song? This wasn't it. Couldn't have been.)
I know the scene, but it's driving me crazy because I don't remember the exact music in the part that you're talking about and I'm not anywhere where I can replay my blu. And it isn't up on youtube. But the score from when Leslie Nielson leaves the beach to when he goes to the house to watch them drown is a dirgey, synth arrangement of Camptown Races in case you never noticed before. I've always thought that was hysterical.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:32 AM   #7
DVD-fanatic-9
Everyone Else's Hobby

Actually... I made a video with part of the music on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5APiVfAlyGo

About 1:00 in.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:03 AM   #8
maybrick
HackMaster

Quote:
Actually... I made a video with part of the music on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5APiVfAlyGo

About 1:00 in.
As near as I can figure and without full verification, that song appears to be "Eerie Dramatic" by Philip Green. And irritatingly, it seems to be available on the British iTunes site, but not the American one.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:10 AM   #9
DVD-fanatic-9
Everyone Else's Hobby

Actually... I think it's on Amazon as well. I'm listening to it now:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dramatic-Eerie/dp/B0053P0E8U
Old 04-08-2014, 02:16 AM   #10
maybrick
HackMaster

Also the uk site, I see. I don't have the ability to listen to amazon audio at the moment. Is it it?
Old 04-08-2014, 02:19 AM   #11
Grim
HackMaster

By the time I realized it was up for preorder, the only two colors left were "meteor shit green" and "ocean blue." Then, when I went to place my preorder, only the blue was left. I already have a bunch of blue vinyls and I just thought the green looked cooler so I really wanted the green, but I'm just happy I was able to snag a preorder before they sold out.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:20 AM   #12
maybrick
HackMaster

Oh wow, scratch that. Your link is working on my phone. I've never been able to get amazon audio to work on my iPhone in the past. I've probably been doing it wrong.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:23 AM   #13
maybrick
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
By the time I realized it was up for preorder, the only two colors left were "meteor shit green" and "ocean blue." Then, when I went to place my preorder, only the blue was left. I already have a bunch of blue vinyls and I just thought the green looked cooler so I really wanted the green, but I'm just happy I was able to snag a preorder before they sold out.
I didn't learn about this release until yesterday and ordered it through light in the attic for $32 shipping included. And I hate to break it to you, but I ordered the green.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:30 AM   #14
DVD-fanatic-9
Everyone Else's Hobby

It was a library track, after all. The album it's on, of course, seems to be a collection of tracks for another movie / show.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:55 AM   #15
Franco
Weekender

But that track and more are already in the expanded edition of the Creepshow soundtrack. What's the deal?