Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 12-07-2013, 10:16 PM   #4771
Eddyw78
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck135 View Post
That is a great price. My copy just shipped this morning. Please let me know your thoughts about your copy. I won't have mine for 10 days or so. I'm curious about the commentary (in English with removable German subtitles hopefully). I wonder if this disc will sell out. I'm sure if Twilight Time had the rights it wouldn't last a day.
Yes I will do. Im going to watch this in abit. Im sure it will sell out eventually but it has hardly been advertised. I only found it by chance on Ebay. The seller who sold it seems to get alot of foreign releases. Lots of German, French and Australian BDs. He had been selling the Australian version of this also. I won a copy of the German BD import of Verhoven's Flesh & Blood off him last month for just over £6. Good seller. Always check his listings for import exclusives. Im bidding on a French BD of The Bounty off him at the moment. He doesent put alot of info into his ads which is why you can sometimes get some real bargians.
Eddyw78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 02:48 AM   #4772
Christ75
Stalker

During the Black Friday / Cyber Monday:

Breaking Bad: The Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
Breaking Bad: The Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
Doctor Who: The Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
NausicaA of the Valley of the Wind (Blu-ray/DVD)
Dexter: Season 6 (Blu-ray)
Dexter: Season 7 (Blu-ray)
Strip Nude for your Killer (Blu-ray)
Arrow: Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
Spartacus: Vengeance (Blu-ray)
Watchmen: 4-Disc Blu-ray Box Set with Graphic Novel (only 24$ on Amazon, Wow!!)
Ninja Scroll: 10th Anniversary Edition (DVD)
Ghost In The Shell: Anniversary Edition (2 DVD)
The Horror Show (Blu-ray/DVVD)
Green Lantern (FuturShop exclusive Steelbook) (Blu-ray)
Taken 2 (Blu-ray)
Pacific Rim 3D (Blu-ray)

this Tuesday:
Fast & Furious 6 (Steelbook)
Nightwish: Showtime, Storytime (Bluray + CD)
Christ75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:42 AM   #4773
Eddyw78
Stalker

Quote:
That is a great price. My copy just shipped this morning. Please let me know your thoughts about your copy. I won't have mine for 10 days or so. I'm curious about the commentary (in English with removable German subtitles hopefully). I wonder if this disc will sell out. I'm sure if Twilight Time had the rights it wouldn't last a day.
Watched up to the Peter Cushing segment last night but was far too tired to see the whole movie(I didnt want to watch this through sleepy eyes). What I saw though was very impressive. The image is bright and clear with for the most part good detail and textures. Obviously it looks its age and there is some softness to the image on occasion and maybe abit of DNR(Im not sure who actually prepaired this HD transfer). Colours are strong as are black levels and there doesent appear to be any age related print issues. Sound in DTS HD MA 2.0 mono is ok. Its abit loud and can distort at the top end but is mostly ok. Will try and watch the whole film ASAP and also check out the commentary if I get the time. Up to now though Im happy with what I have seen.
Old 12-08-2013, 03:26 PM   #4774
Eddyw78
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyw78 View Post
Watched up to the Peter Cushing segment last night but was far too tired to see the whole movie(I didnt want to watch this through sleepy eyes). What I saw though was very impressive. The image is bright and clear with for the most part good detail and textures. Obviously it looks its age and there is some softness to the image on occasion and maybe abit of DNR(Im not sure who actually prepaired this HD transfer). Colours are strong as are black levels and there doesent appear to be any age related print issues. Sound in DTS HD MA 2.0 mono is ok. Its abit loud and can distort at the top end but is mostly ok. Will try and watch the whole film ASAP and also check out the commentary if I get the time. Up to now though Im happy with what I have seen.
Just to follow on from my previous post I have watched all of the BD now and i am pleased to say it is very good and is uncut. As I previously thought the audio commentary is only on the DVD and is in English with removable German subs so you will have to warch the movie upscaled to listen to the commentary although it still looks pretty good.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:14 PM   #4775
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
Just to follow on from my previous post I have watched all of the BD now and i am pleased to say it is very good and is uncut. As I previously thought the audio commentary is only on the DVD and is in English with removable German subs so you will have to warch the movie upscaled to listen to the commentary although it still looks pretty good.
Wonderful news. I cannot wait to get this. This film doesn't get the recognition that it deserves. Thank you very much!
Old 12-08-2013, 04:41 PM   #4776
Eddyw78
Stalker

Quote:
Wonderful news. I cannot wait to get this. This film doesn't get the recognition that it deserves. Thank you very much!
Hey no problem. I only found out about this by accident. Could do with Anolis getting Vault Of Horror now so I can upgrade my crappy fullframe Vipco DVD.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:10 PM   #4777
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
Hey no problem. I only found out about this by accident. Could do with Anolis getting Vault Of Horror now so I can upgrade my crappy fullframe Vipco DVD.
I'm ashamed to say that I never saw Vault of Horror.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:35 PM   #4778
Eddyw78
Stalker

Quote:
I'm ashamed to say that I never saw Vault of Horror.
Not as good as Tales but still enjoyable. At the moment only uncut on the Vipco DVD which lools like crap.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:08 PM   #4779
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Awesome! Mine from Amazon DE can't get here soon enough. It's estimated for a 12/11 delivery, but my last order from them took a few days longer.

I can live with the commentary only being on the DVD. I would have bought it even without the commentary. Now hopefully somebody will release Vault of Horror uncut!

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:41 PM   #4780
Eddyw78
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
Awesome! Mine from Amazon DE can't get here soon enough. It's estimated for a 12/11 delivery, but my last order from them took a few days longer.

I can live with the commentary only being on the DVD. I would have bought it even without the commentary. Now hopefully somebody will release Vault of Horror uncut!
Yes uncut and with a good transfer!!!!! Its got to happen at some point.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:38 AM   #4781
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

Old 12-10-2013, 01:05 AM   #4782
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Black Friday Deep Discount order arrived today:

Blu-ray
Inferno (Blue Underground)
Daughters of Darkness (Blue Underground)
Night Train Murders (Blue Underground)
The Prowler (Blue Underground)
Vampyres (Blue Underground)
Night of the Hunted (Redemption)
The Grapes of Death (Redemption)
The Sinful Nuns of St. Valentine (Redemption)
Street Trash (Synapse)
The Manson Family (Severin)
Burial Ground: Nights of Terror (Shriek Show)
Murder Obsession (Raro Video)
Ticks (Olive Films)

DVD
Bad Ronald (Warner Archive)
Killer Party (Warner Archive)
Night School (Warner Archive)
The Pack (Warner Archive)
Girl Slaves of Morgana Le Fay (Mondo Macabro)
Lady Terminator (Mondo Macabro)
Seven Women for Satan (Mondo Macabro)
Equinox (Criterion)
Häxan/Witchcraft Through the Ages (Criterion)
The Bloodstained Shadow/Short Night of Glass Dolls/Who Saw Her Die? (Blue Underground)
Girl from Rio (Blue Underground)
Killing Car (Redemption)
Don Quixote (Image)
Blacula/Scream, Blacula Scream (MGM)
Critters/Critters 2/Critters 3/Critters 4 (New Line Cinema)
Funeral Home (CFS)
Angel of Death (Substance)
Linda (Substance)

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:05 PM   #4783
Eddyw78
Stalker

Quote:
If anyone is interested the seller who sold me my copy of Tales From The Crypt has listed another one of these German media books. He says he will only ship to the UK but it wouldnt hurt to ask if he would ship beyond the UK. To find it go to Ebay.co.uk and look for Geschichten Aus Der Gruft Blu ray and the sellers name is cr4cked2000
Old 12-11-2013, 08:04 AM   #4784
mlock
Stalker

The Godfather: Coppola Restoration boxset on blu ray. Great price at Wal Mart!

Currently on order from amazon.uk (all blu ray and all Arrow):

1. Invasion of the Body Snatchers (non-steelbook vers)
2. The Exterminator
3. Runaway Train
4. The Fury

Hopefully they'll arrive just in time for Christmas. Shipping eta says Dec. 19th, so fingers crossed. Nothing like a few "from me to me gifts"

xboxlive: TwitchofDethNrv
mlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:06 PM   #4785
shithead
Death By Ejaculation

My DVDs
shithead is offline   Reply With Quote