Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 04-25-2009, 06:35 PM   #766
satans-sadists
Humanitarian

The Wrestler. Great documentary on the dvd even though Mickey Rourke didn't participate.
satans-sadists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 04:54 AM   #767
shithead
Death By Ejaculation

Tales From The Crypt Seasons 1-4
Halloween 4 Divimax

My DVDs
shithead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 05:31 AM   #768
captain_brandon

Just bought The Wrestling as well today. Easily last year's best film.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:50 AM   #769
mlock
Stalker

Quantum of Solace, Role Models and Harry Potter/Order of the Phoenix all blu ray. Man I love previously viewed prices!

xboxlive: TwitchofDethNrv
mlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 07:05 AM   #770
CasEjonz

Had a shopping spree today, had some extra money from my quarterly bonus:
Event Horizon (2-disc w/lenticular O-ring)
Shaun of the Dead (Zombie Spine Variant)
Night Hunter (OOP New Concorde)
I Drink Your Blood (Grindhouse Directors Cut)
Bebe's Kids (OOP)
Kung Fu Theater: Ninja Thunderbolt/Invincible Hero (BCI OOP)
Tombs of the Blind Dead/Return of the Blind Dead (Anchor Bay OOP)
Drive-In Cult Classics Vol 1 (BCI -OOP)
The Penguins: Whacked-out Adventure DVD (those funny little SOBs from Madigascar, also OOP)
Awakening of the Beast -Coffin Joe (OOP)
Four Flies on Grey Velvet
Hellraiser: Lament Configuration Boxset

and Beyond Limited Edition Tin (OOP factory sealed)
Old 04-26-2009, 07:43 AM   #771
Erick H.
HackMaster

THE WHITE COUNTESS,the last Merchant/Ivory effort before Merchant passed away.Also one of Natasha Richardson's last films.I had seen it in the theater and couldn't pass up the disc.Found it at Big Lots of all places,cost $3.00.Features an audio comm. track by James Ivory and Richardson.Should be interesting listening,albeit sad.

Last edited by Erick H.; 04-27-2009 at 08:33 AM.
Erick H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 01:17 PM   #772
Katatonia
The Dark and the Light

North Star DVD
Voyage of the Damned DVD ...oh yes, how Lionsgate absolutely loves recycling fullscreen transfers from 10+ year old discs.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 07:21 PM   #773
spawningblue
Deadite

Gone in 60 Seconds (1974) Collector's Edition NEW $5
A Haunting in Connecticut/ A Haunting in Georgia NEW $5
Ghost Stories: Complete Series (44 Episodes) NEW $16
Mean Streets: Special Edition USED $7

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 07:27 PM   #774
hellraiser40
Maniac

The Wrestler
and pre-ordered Psychos In Love
hellraiser40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 07:41 PM   #775
captain_brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawningblue View Post
Ghost Stories: Complete Series (44 Episodes) NEW $16
Mean Streets: Special Edition USED $7
Must say, I always enjoy seeing what you've purchases every few days.

Was jsut curious as to where that you get all of those mostly quite fine deals?

I just use Amazon.com being in the U.S. myself. The end of the month approchaes I see, so I'll look over my lists written down on two notebooks in pen soon to decide what I wanna bulk order. A lot of what I want, odler title wise, is goin' out of print slowly, though anniversaries are always around the cover and re-releases mean new fresh transfers and special features of course. but I always snatch up those that are out pf print though perfectly affordable from 3rd party sellers if I see I can't get it from Amazon directly.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:27 PM   #776
CasEjonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_brandon View Post

My guess is those were WalMart bin. I recall seeing the Gi60S in the bin. That is a good one, I believe that copy is now OOP.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:38 PM   #777
CasEjonz

Graveyard of Horror (Euroshock Collection) $3.99 OOP
Kung Fu Theater Double Feature: Shaolin Dolemite/Black Samurai $3.99 OOP
King Boxer (Dragon Dynasty Collection) $6.99
Thats the Way of the World $3.99 OOP
Demon of the Mind (Hammer Collection) $7.99 OOP

VHS: Hardware $2.95 (Though I might knuckle and buy the import on DVD.)
Old 04-27-2009, 08:43 PM   #778
Body Boy
HackMaster

Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:49 PM   #779
spawningblue
Deadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_brandon View Post

I just use Amazon.com being in the U.S. myself. The end of the month approchaes I see, so I'll look over my lists written down on two notebooks in pen soon to decide what I wanna bulk order. A lot of what I want, odler title wise, is goin' out of print slowly, though anniversaries are always around the cover and re-releases mean new fresh transfers and special features of course. but I always snatch up those that are out pf print though perfectly affordable from 3rd party sellers if I see I can't get it from Amazon directly.
Like I mentioned below, most of those were found at Wal Mart, but I buy DVDs from all over, just where there is a good deal really.

Online I like to order from Amazon.com or ca (.com has become rather pricey to ship to Canada however), Deepdiscount (Great prices, but horrible shipping methods), DVD Pacific, inetvideo (Recently ordered from them and was quite pleased with their service, cheap prices!), Secondspin (Again, just recently gave them a go and was quite pleased with them as well), and then Futureshop or Bestbuy for special exclusives.

I also order online, but then pick up from the closest store to me, from a place called Beat Goes On. You can pretty much add any DVD to your wish list, and if any store in Ontario gets them in, you can get them shipped to the store closest to you free of charge. They also don't charge ridiculous prices for OOP stuff, so it's great for getting hard to find stiff at great prices. You just have to be patient I guess.

As for stores, the obvious choices like Wal Mart and Futueshop, but I also love searching through smaller used stores in my city of Hamilton, as well as Toronto where I work Mon. - Fri. Nothing better then finding a hard to find DVD that you have been looking for, but didn't want to pay the ridiculous prices on eBay, for cheap. There is a really good store near me in Hamilton where I purchase a lot. They seem to get a lot of brand new Blu Rays and sell them for like $10-$20. Some of them only like a week or two old. I'm sure they were stolen, but whatever. They also have hundreds of used DVDs that they sell for $4-$6, and then on top of it, it's buy two, get one free. Every once in a while they change that to buy one, get one free!

Oh, and once in a while I'll order something from eBay, but I refuse to pay their ridiculous prices. If I find something rare or exclusive for a good price, then I'll bite, but as much as I want something like Dracula Prince of Darkness, I won't pay $40 for it, as I know it's only a matter of time before they re-issue it, or it comes out on Blu Ray.

Oh, and if you made it through all of this, sorry for the novel haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasEjonz View Post
My guess is those were WalMart bin. I recall seeing the Gi60S in the bin. That is a good one, I believe that copy is now OOP.
Yeah all of those but Mean Streets were from Wal Mart. And yeah, they had tons of Gone in 60 Seconds in the discount bin if anyone else is looking, although I was lucky to find the last copy with the limited edition special clear casing and metal license plate or whatever it is (I haven't opened it up yet).

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:21 PM   #780
captain_brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawningblue View Post
Like I mentioned below, most of those were found at Wal Mart, but I buy DVDs from all over, just where there is a good deal really.

Online I like to order from Amazon.com or ca (.com has become rather pricey to ship to Canada however), Deepdiscount (Great prices, but horrible shipping methods), DVD Pacific, inetvideo (Recently ordered from them and was quite pleased with their service, cheap prices!), Secondspin (Again, just recently gave them a go and was quite pleased with them as well), and then Futureshop or Bestbuy for special exclusives.

I also order online, but then pick up from the closest store to me, from a place called Beat Goes On. You can pretty much add any DVD to your wish list, and if any store in Ontario gets them in, you can get them shipped to the store closest to you free of charge. They also don't charge ridiculous prices for OOP stuff, so it's great for getting hard to find stiff at great prices. You just have to be patient I guess.

As for stores, the obvious choices like Wal Mart and Futueshop, but I also love searching through smaller used stores in my city of Hamilton, as well as Toronto where I work Mon. - Fri. Nothing better then finding a hard to find DVD that you have been looking for, but didn't want to pay the ridiculous prices on eBay, for cheap. There is a really good store near me in Hamilton where I purchase a lot. They seem to get a lot of brand new Blu Rays and sell them for like $10-$20. Some of them only like a week or two old. I'm sure they were stolen, but whatever. They also have hundreds of used DVDs that they sell for $4-$6, and then on top of it, it's buy two, get one free. Every once in a while they change that to buy one, get one free!

Oh, and once in a while I'll order something from eBay, but I refuse to pay their ridiculous prices. If I find something rare or exclusive for a good price, then I'll bite, but as much as I want something like Dracula Prince of Darkness, I won't pay $40 for it, as I know it's only a matter of time before they re-issue it, or it comes out on Blu Ray.

Oh, and if you made it through all of this, sorry for the novel haha.

Yeah all of those but Mean Streets were from Wal Mart. And yeah, they had tons of Gone in 60 Seconds in the discount bin if anyone else is looking, although I was lucky to find the last copy with the limited edition special clear casing and metal license plate or whatever it is (I haven't opened it up yet).
Big thanks, Spawning my good man And nah, nothin' at all wrong with it's length of your last post. I recent recently got yelled at by some total douche bags on the official Friday the 13th films.com Blogs (www.fridaythe13thfilms.com) for my own supposedly big length/too much posting, so I won't be yelling at no one. Least of all a nice guy like yourself who isn't a total prick like some of those over there.

Anyway I'll also snap up a lot of Super Wal-Mart $5 bin sales as well; Big Lots too, recently.

Mostly it's Amazon.com for me, as I noted. I honestly try not to fuck with eBay as you noted, there is simply too many re-issues for future anniversary dates comin' up in the months and years ahead to warrent waiting.

Meh, I do like DeepDiscount's prices, but after my first (and last) order in December for Christmas (in which I also used Amazon as well), I had to discontinue using them, cause they shipped me a double order, and the following month we I decided to make my final non-order from them, cause two addresses were involved, they kept canceling my fuckin' order, and finally I called they're toll free 1-800 number on they're site, and fuck, they're little winey babies. I think I finally just said "fuck it..." and hung up on the prick on the other end, who truely lacked social graces.

But I'm glad you clsoe to the greater Toronto area. I bet there's a ton of fine shopping to be had there. Can't wait to visit one day, as I got some fine Canadian friends who live there that I wanna visit.