Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 04-28-2009, 05:11 AM   #781
CasEjonz

Woo Hooo!!
Finally got my hands on one of these puppies...

That is my 10th version of Halloween on DVD, one more to go.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:19 PM   #782
dave13
HackMaster

im curious, which version are you missing?
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:03 PM   #783
CasEjonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
im curious, which version are you missing?
Its the "Horror Legacy Series" version that was released only in Canada. Its more the slip cover that I need since its just the single disc release. Though, I still might track down another Limited Edition. It seems that there are variations of the postcard that was included in each box. There is one of John Carpenter 7 Jamie Lee Curtis, and another of Donald Pleasence and the Nurse sitting in the car. I actually have to go pick up a UMD copy, but not to worried about that one.
Here is what I have...
Original 1997 release
1999 Limited Edition 2-Disc w/ Lenticular cover
1999 single disc w/ Lenticular cover
2000 release
2001 Extended Edition
2001 Extended Edition w/ original film cell
2003 25th Anniversary Edition
2007 Remastered Edition w/ holofoil O-ring
2007 Blu-Ray release
2008 30th Anniversary Box set

I'll start on getting the old VHS and LDs pretty soon as well.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:43 PM   #784
dave13
HackMaster

very cool! the first copy of it i owned was the snapper case anchor bay vhs version. it was the first widescreen movie i bought. i think it had some liner notes on the reverse of the cover....but i can't remember for sure - i know for sure that my evil dead 2 vhs did. those two are long gone, probably hocked em years ago.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:22 AM   #785
VideoViolence

The Transporter
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: 2 Disc Ultimate Edition
Diary Of The Dead
Larva
Old 04-29-2009, 01:38 AM   #786
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasEjonz View Post
Though, I still might track down another Limited Edition. It seems that there are variations of the postcard that was included in each box. There is one of John Carpenter 7 Jamie Lee Curtis, and another of Donald Pleasence and the Nurse sitting in the car.

(snip)

I'll start on getting the old VHS and LDs pretty soon as well.
I was trying to track those down as well, even started a thread about it in hopes of at least getting scans of all the cards, and to find out how many and what they were. Someone said they got one in the single disc version.

I have the Anchor Bay WS VHS in the clamshell. If you're interested PM me. I'd let it go for cheap to good home. Here's some scans of what I'm talking about. The inlay cover looks much better than the scans show, these have lots of glare from the case as I didn't feel like going all out and making perfect scans, just something to show. There's no fading or anything like that even though the pictures kinda look faded near the spine, it's just glare.
Front
Back

and the inside of cover since it has a little bit of water damage. This is almost unnoticable on the outside as it's all on the bottom where it's mostly black. There is a slight crease in the back on the picture of Judy, and it blends in with the creases on her clothes. Nothing got into the case and the tape is perfect. It also has an order form/postcard for other CE VHS's.

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:59 AM   #787
msw7
Morso a morte

Martyrs
Vinyan

and just ordered
One-eyed Monster (saw a clip online and couldn't resist after all...)
Black Magic (Shaw Brothers)
Master of the Flying Guillotine (special edition)
msw7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:01 AM   #788
dave13
HackMaster

well, i guess it was only the evil dead 2 vhs that had the "liner notes" on the inside. it was cool though.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:45 AM   #789
CasEjonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyhorse View Post
I was trying to track those down as well, even started a thread about it in hopes of at least getting scans of all the cards, and to find out how many and what they were. Someone said they got one in the single disc version.

I have the Anchor Bay WS VHS in the clamshell. If you're interested PM me. I'd let it go for cheap to good home. Here's some scans of what I'm talking about. The inlay cover looks much better than the scans show, these have lots of glare from the case as I didn't feel like going all out and making perfect scans, just something to show. There's no fading or anything like that even though the pictures kinda look faded near the spine, it's just glare.
Front
Back

and the inside of cover since it has a little bit of water damage. This is almost unnoticable on the outside as it's all on the bottom where it's mostly black. There is a slight crease in the back on the picture of Judy, and it blends in with the creases on her clothes. Nothing got into the case and the tape is perfect. It also has an order form/postcard for other CE VHS's.
Cool, thanks Dave, Let me get back to you, I thought I had that one, but have to take a trip to my storage unit to see if I still have it or if I gave it away or what not.

Just secured this baby of the VHS variety

Limited to 30,000 copies
Old 04-29-2009, 05:13 AM   #790
captain_brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyhorse View Post

Front
Back

Whao, that sure takes me back.

And yeah, the late '90s. I also remember Anchor Bay clamshell VHS tape being the first Widescreen edition of something I bought. It was in the mini mall where I shopped at a nice Suncoast Video. Damn how I spent so much time blind buying there for almost three whole years. Also soon after was another Anchor Bay title, followed by Dark City the following year.

Gotta say that admitedly, while cashing in, I'll admit that Anchor Bay/STARZ has been good to the original seminal classic that is Halloween. Between then and the awesome two-disc Halloween: 25 Years of Terror documentary, which is entertaining and informative, we all pretty much know all there is to know on the original Carpenter classic.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:22 AM   #791
Novosibirsk
Stalker

Cannibal apocalypse!

;]
Novosibirsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:09 AM   #792
Shlockjock81
HackMaster

Hmmm I guess it's been a while since I've bought a DVD...

Last one I purchased was the My Bloody Valentine special edition the day it came out. A week later I got it signed by George Mihalka and Neil Affleck :-D
Shlockjock81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:35 AM   #793
old-boo-radley
They stay the same age...

College (Unrated)
Old 04-29-2009, 05:36 PM   #794
CasEjonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_brandon View Post
Gotta say that admitedly, while cashing in, I'll admit that Anchor Bay/STARZ has been good to the original seminal classic that is Halloween. Between then and the awesome two-disc Halloween: 25 Years of Terror documentary, which is entertaining and informative, we all pretty much know all there is to know on the original Carpenter classic.
Halloween has been good to Anchor Bay!! Its amazing how often they go to the well and reissue this and Army of Darkness. I am a perfect example of the patsy that they are directing these reissues towards as I have every release of both films. Count me as one of the goofs that will buy the AOD: Screwhead Edition.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:37 PM   #795
CasEjonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novosibirsk View Post
Cannibal apocalypse!

;]
Nice find. Great sublime film and quite OOP!!!