Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 04-29-2009, 05:47 PM   #796
captain_brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasEjonz View Post
Halloween has been good to Anchor Bay!! Its amazing how often they go to the well and reissue this and Army of Darkness. I am a perfect example of the patsy that they are directing these reissues towards as I have every release of both films. Count me as one of the goofs that will buy the AOD: Screwhead Edition.
No worries bro, as I'm the exact same way Gotta have this & that edition as a big time collector. I believe I have three, thus far, of Carpenter's almigthy Halloween on DVD. Plus DiviMax digitally re-mastered editions of the Salt Like city shot sequels (Parts 4 & 5), and of course the theatrical cut of Halloween 6, also H20 even though I loathe it for several reasons; Two copies of Halloween II and one of Halloween III: Season of the Witch, ect.

I'm even a Rob Zombie apologist who enjoys his style of work & vision, as I know, which I guess puts me in that 20% of under of the original series fanatics & collectors into his work. I saw the remake in a multiplex on opening day at a noon show, the earliest I chould go, and I got the two-disc unrated cut on DVD, plus I recently got the 3-disc version cause of the 3rd disc containing a veryu unique, while self-indulgent also very interesting shot behind-the-scenes documentary on it's conception & production that I feel many should see and purchase if they like the film.

Oh and I'll be getting that new Amy of Darkness disc once it streets as well. I just forgot what it comes out myself.

But yeah, I'm right with ya.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:04 AM   #797
CasEjonz

Oh, and ..
KISS Anthology vol 1 w/Largo, MD 77 Bonus disc
KISS Anthology vol 3 w/KROQ Irvine, CA Bonus Disc
That leaves only 1 more of the 9 bonus discs I have to track down. As well as dishing off these copies of the anthologies that I dont need.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:23 AM   #798
fceurich39
HackMaster

Martyrs unrated dvd
The Uninvited dvd
While She Was Out dvd
One-Eyed Monster dvd
Xtro/Xtro II double feature dvd
Yeti dvd
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:53 AM   #799
CasEjonz

Hellraiser/Hellbound: Hellraiser II Limited Edition Tin
Old 05-01-2009, 04:48 AM   #800
dave13
HackMaster

the sand pebbles
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:07 PM   #801
spawningblue
Deadite

X-Men Volume 1
X-Men Volume 2

Damn this show is good!

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:21 PM   #802
VideoViolence

Hard Boiled: 2 Disc Ultimate Edition
Old 05-01-2009, 08:42 PM   #803
captain_brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawningblue View Post
X-Men Volume 1
X-Men Volume 2

Damn this show is good!
Just ordered'em btoh from Amazon. I agree, been re-watching the series on Disney-XD (digital cable channel over here), and it's an awesome animated series that is VERY involving and holds up. Easily in my eyes the best form of media the X-Men characters/universe have ever been in.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:02 PM   #804
spawningblue
Deadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_brandon View Post
Just ordered'em btoh from Amazon. I agree, been re-watching the series on Disney-XD (digital cable channel over here), and it's an awesome animated series that is VERY involving and holds up. Easily in my eyes the best form of media the X-Men characters/universe have ever been in.
Agreed. And unlike a lot of kids cartoons, it's nice to see them do a lot of two parters, as well as have each show's story connect to the next one. If Wolverine gets beat up one episode, the next episode he is all bandaged up. Rare to see a cartoon with so much continuity.

Hopefully the Spider-Man cartoon is next, since Disney also owns that. Maybe when part 4 comes out?

My Movie Collection

Old 05-01-2009, 10:18 PM   #805
captain_brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawningblue View Post
Agreed. And unlike a lot of kids cartoons, it's nice to see them do a lot of two parters, as well as have each show's story connect to the next one. If Wolverine gets beat up one episode, the next episode he is all bandaged up. Rare to see a cartoon with so much continuity.

Hopefully the Spider-Man cartoon is next, since Disney also owns that. Maybe when part 4 comes out?
Glad ya agree, Spawning my good man.

Indeed, I was honestly saddened around '96, I believe, when the final season's animation looked a bit different and got, at least in my eyes, a bit more kiddiefied.

But the series for my money and many others is the defenative/iconic voices and manuisms and overall playground for the characters. And yes, the series Continuity was FANTASTIC. I had honestly forgot before I started re-watching them on Disney-XD just how long Professor Xavier and Magneto/Eric spent in The Savage Land. And Mr. Sinister and Apocolypse, whom are my fave villians from the Marvel Universe side, were fantastic (though noe of my older brother's Erik never cared for'em).

I'm guessing that later on this year, or in early Winter (hopefully around my January the 28th birthday) we'll get two more large boxsets to complete the series run. And yeah, I have a feeling if these sell well online and in stores, we'll see the '90s syndicated Fox Kids Spider-Mart.

Gotta say after NBC slowed down in the '90s as they went on, Fox Kids, as much as I loathe to praise fucking Fox, did have fine/superior children's Saturday Morning programming that thankfully wasn't dumbed down for us then kiddies and wasn't all sugar-coated. From Eck! The Cat to the Dinosaurs show on down, especialyl to Batman: The Animated Series which I felt never got the love it desurved, the kicked major ass during the first part of the '90s.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:59 PM   #806
spawningblue
Deadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_brandon View Post
I'm guessing that later on this year, or in early Winter (hopefully around my January the 28th birthday) we'll get two more large boxsets to complete the series run. And yeah, I have a feeling if these sell well online and in stores, we'll see the '90s syndicated Fox Kids Spider-Mart.
Well it looks like they are already at work on Vol. 3! Here's the possible early box art.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/X-Men-Volume-3/11789

My Movie Collection

Old 05-01-2009, 11:42 PM   #807
old-boo-radley
They stay the same age...

Blaze
Django, Kill! If You Live, Shoot!
Busted (the final piece in my Two Coreys collection... I can die in peace)
Run, Man, Run
Texas, Adios
Keoma
Mannaja: A Man Called Blade
Big Wind on Campus/Spring Fever USA
Marilyn Chambers' Bikini Bistro
Old 05-02-2009, 12:02 AM   #808
Novosibirsk
Stalker

So many spaghetti westerns, so little time...
Novosibirsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 12:04 AM   #809
Novosibirsk
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasEjonz View Post
Nice find. Great sublime film and quite OOP!!!
Agreed! I was lucky to have some funds on paypal from some shit I sold, so winning the DVD on ebay didn't seem too bad.
Novosibirsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 12:18 AM   #810
captain_brandon

To Spawning: big thanks, bro!