Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 11-30-2009, 10:21 AM   #46
Reverenddave
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutilated Prey View Post
Wow, and I thought I got a good deal when I paid $30 through DDD. I wonder why the price on this just keeps dropping. The standard DVD 3-Pack is still $36 which doesn't make any sense.
It might be part of the Black Friday sales. I've been keeping an eye on it for weeks, and the Amazon price has been stuck in the $35-$40 range. It just dropped on Friday.

I wouldn't expect the price to stay this low. The singles are still $17.99 each. So if anyone's interested, jump now before the price goes back up.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:26 PM   #47
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Yeah, that's a helluva great deal.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:17 PM   #48
Fumi
Stalker

First one was good, second one was not. think I'll pass on the third
Fumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:52 AM   #49
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Finally got around to watching this and it actually isn't all that bad, but the CGI scenes - total crap. What the hell is the point! What possesses someone to release those kind of low quality effects is difficult to comprehend.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:44 PM   #50
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

I do feel like this is the worst of the series, but I cut it some slack because it seemed like it was more ambitious than the budget could afford.

I adored Bloody Beginnings though, I hope we see more sequels like that.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:55 PM   #51
Hellbilly
Water-squirting greatness

I'm easy but WT3 is horrible. I've watched it a few times over the years and it always feels like watching a dull The Asylum movie. Not seen 4 and 5 yet because 3 was so awful.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:35 PM   #52
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

^ If you're a slasher fan, I'd highly recommend part 4. It's a hoot, and it works as an '80s throwback. Sort of Slumber Party Massacre meets Blood Tracks.

You'll have to throw logic out the window, as the characters make some pretty dumb choices. But to me, it really nailed the '80s slasher vibe without even trying.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:16 PM   #53
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
^ If you're a slasher fan, I'd highly recommend part 4. It's a hoot, and it works as an '80s throwback. Sort of Slumber Party Massacre meets Blood Tracks.

You'll have to throw logic out the window, as the characters make some pretty dumb choices. But to me, it really nailed the '80s slasher vibe without even trying.
I agree, part 5 however was beyond horrible and boring as Hell.
Anthropophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:32 PM   #54
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

Shame about part 5, as part 4 was easily the strongest sequel and in many ways is more fun than even the first film. I also agree 3 is the worst of them and was weary of 4 myself, so glad I gave it a shot now. Highly recommend 4, check out 5 at your own risk. It's very disappointing after the brilliance of 4 though.

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:43 PM   #55
MisterTwister
HackMaster

I'd agree this one was an ambitious effort. I love the concept but the execution is really poor. Scenes of the prisoners bickering drag on too long, the CGI executed kills were lame and that tagged on ending was god awful.

4 was so much better. Still some iffy CGI and the characters were dumb as dirt but fantastic kills and a great setting.

5 wasn't as good due to the cheap-o town setting but made up for with it's overall mean spirit attitude and great kills.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:01 PM   #56
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post

Agreed, I really loved 4. But then again I usually love almost any winter themed horror flick.

I enjoyed 3 to a lesser degree, but have to agree that the CGI effects were laughable. I'll admit that it's probably the worst in the series.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote