Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 06-02-2009, 06:46 AM   #16
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fceurich39 View Post
agreed i wish a sequel would of been made with him
Same, I always wished there was more of him in the film. Hopefully the exercised footage helps fix that.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:05 PM   #17
Grim
HackMaster

I emailed them as well. I would love to see Nightbreed in it's true form.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:41 PM   #18
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

Anyone ever read any of the Nightbreed comics that came out in the 90's? I recall there being a cool Peliquin story among others. My favortie was the Nightbreed vs. Rawhead Rex arc though.

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:44 PM   #19
SEANVALEN
HackMaster

I like Clive Barker's visions, I enjoyed Nightbreed a long time ago, I need to see it again, would enjoy a extended cut.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:30 AM   #20
fceurich39
HackMaster

new info unveiled regarding the 145 minute workprint

UPDATE - 10 June 2009 - extended workprint discovered!
We just finished watching a 145 minute version of the film's mid-1989 workprint! That's 44 minutes longer than the theatrical release!! And it's even more significant than that since there are none of the later re-shoots of Decker's murders, so the actual deleted footage is far more than 44 minutes!
Yes, there's (lots) more violence as the Sons of the Free invade Midian, yes there's some deleted stop motion footage, yes, Narcisse gets decapitated, yes Lori stabs herself on a hilltop and Boone bites her... Yes, yes, yes!

Now, this is just a VHS copy so it's not of releasable quality, so... thank you for your continuing messages of support - let's keep working to get a proper DVD release for an extended Nightbreed...

http://www.clivebarker.info/morenightbreed.html
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:04 AM   #21
Grim
HackMaster

Quote:
new info unveiled regarding the 145 minute workprint

UPDATE - 10 June 2009 - extended workprint discovered!
We just finished watching a 145 minute version of the film's mid-1989 workprint! That's 44 minutes longer than the theatrical release!! And it's even more significant than that since there are none of the later re-shoots of Decker's murders, so the actual deleted footage is far more than 44 minutes!
Yes, there's (lots) more violence as the Sons of the Free invade Midian, yes there's some deleted stop motion footage, yes, Narcisse gets decapitated, yes Lori stabs herself on a hilltop and Boone bites her... Yes, yes, yes!

Now, this is just a VHS copy so it's not of releasable quality, so... thank you for your continuing messages of support - let's keep working to get a proper DVD release for an extended Nightbreed...

Nice! I don't expect a Blade Runner-esque set for this, but at the very least Warner could release a new edition with this workprint included. Let's hope they pony up the dough to reinsert and remaster the deleted footage though.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:56 PM   #22
Paul0889
Maniac

i just watched this for the first time last week, and i really liked it. visually, the film is stunning. the effects were fantastic, especially for a 20 year old movie. the problem was, it felt too short! i just kept wanting to see more, so i hope this really does get re-released with all the cut footage
Paul0889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:43 AM   #23
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

There's a great cover story on the behind-the-scenes story of the film and the lost footage in the new issue of Horrorhound magazine.
fattyjoe37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:12 PM   #24
springjack
Maniac

UPDATE - 18 July 2009 - a second (longer) workprint discovered!
A second VHS copy of the film has come to light - this time a 159 minute cut - another 14 minutes! Lori's performance of Johnny Get Angry is amongst the "new" footage, as is the "on the next wind..." closing scene with the breed in the barn. Fingers crossed... this feels like we might just be on a bit of a roll here...

________
Toyota Corolla Spacio

Last edited by springjack; 03-20-2011 at 09:09 PM.
springjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:32 PM   #25
mcchrist
A new breed of pervert!

wtf? I'd love to see that.
mcchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 06:07 PM   #26
fceurich39
HackMaster

Within the last year, out of the many positive achievements we've seen in our genre, I think the discovery of an uncut version of Clive Barker's Nightbreed is one of the coolest.

To catch you up, and I'll make this brief, for years Barker has said that excised footage from his monster mash has been missing. Last June, 145-minute cut was discovered. That cut is being screened for the first time at a Horrorhound convention next month go here

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...s.php?id=13981
Old 02-05-2010, 12:53 AM   #27
SEANVALEN
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcchrist View Post
wtf? I'd love to see that.

Quote:
Within the last year, out of the many positive achievements we've seen in our genre, I think the discovery of an uncut version of Clive Barker's Nightbreed is one of the coolest.

To catch you up, and I'll make this brief, for years Barker has said that excised footage from his monster mash has been missing. Last June, 145-minute cut was discovered. That cut is being screened for the first time at a Horrorhound convention next month go here

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...s.php?id=13981

You know I liked one of the comments on the page of the link
"Seriously i think its like finding the ark of the covenant or holy grail."

I agree, this is awsome news.
Infact if I won the lottery tomorrow, I would go to Indiana as a quick holiday with some flash money, and attend the horrorhound weekend in honor of NIGHTBREED extended cut, it's like seeing the ark of the covenant LIVE.

We need magic and action in our lives, and Nightbreed Extended Cut in Indiana sounds like fun, Indiana like Indiana Jones, it's a omen, we will win the lottery tomorrow, everyone play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The legendary mcchrist and rhett legend are essembling a team, The Avengers of Horror Dvds, sign up, first mission Indiana Night Breed Extended Cut!

I found something on the net:

NIGHTBREED GAME FROM 1990
to download

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?im...%3D36%26um%3D1

Last edited by SEANVALEN; 02-05-2010 at 01:03 AM.
SEANVALEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:20 AM   #28
Shannafey
Don't Monkey With Me!

Cannot wait for a dvd or preferrably a blu ray!!!!!
Shannafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:40 AM   #29
fceurich39
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannafey View Post
Cannot wait for a dvd or preferrably a blu ray!!!!!
agreed it is now very likely the extended version will hit dvd or blu-ray maybe both can't wait
Old 02-05-2010, 02:09 AM   #30
SEANVALEN
HackMaster

Quote:
agreed it is now very likely the extended version will hit dvd or blu-ray maybe both can't wait

fceurich39 Legend, I haven't seen the film for like 10 years or more, there was a time when 1997 felt like a few years ago, but I actually can't remember when I saw it, might of been back in 1991/1990 infact, I was in two minds about watching the version now on dvd, or just wait for this dvd/blue ray extended cut when it comes, and since I've been away from the film so long, looking forward to seeing it again as a adult. I was 10 years old when this came out, I saw alot of horror films when young.

I always felt this film was like a society of monsters, something very resonating about a group that sticks together, hidden, and through Clive Barker, and this director, some very classic and memorable monsters that to this day is more artistic then alot of zombie/vamp rehash we have gotten, I've enjoyed alot of these zombie/vamp films out this decade, but in terms of some original looking monsters, I do tend to think Nightbreed was one of the last films that did something different, Clvie Barker always seemed cutting edge, the pinhead image of Hellriaser was one of the first things I remembered when looking at the horror shelf in the videoshop when I was a boy in the 80s.

Good times may roll again.