Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 07-21-2013, 03:13 PM   #106
Dave
Pimp

All juvenile posts have been deleted. Please resume discussion and act your ages. Thanks.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:47 PM   #107
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
All juvenile posts have been deleted. Please resume discussion and act your ages. Thanks.
Thanks Dave.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:49 PM   #108
Stige
HackMaster

haven't read Cabal. Is it worth a kindle purchase?
Stige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:52 PM   #109
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stige View Post
haven't read Cabal. Is it worth a kindle purchase?
If it's cheap. It's a pretty small book. Very enjoyable though IMO.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:57 PM   #110
shape22
HackMaster

I'll give this a chance. But I agree with those who aren't excited about this announcement at all. The theatrical cut has cool elements. But huge chunks of the film have zero appeal for me. I've always found it a chore to get through this in one sitting. Maybe the excised footage will make it more compelling for me.
shape22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:53 PM   #111
Myron Breck
BOO!!! Gotcha!

I agree with those for whom the theatrical cut never did anything for--I mean, it had great make-up effects. But, like with HALLOWEEN 6, I am very excited to see a new cut. Now if we can get them to give us that extended cut of NEEDFUL THINGS I will be happy.

"In this Age of Grand Illusion, you walked into my life out of my dreams..."
Myron Breck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:09 AM   #112
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

For those who never liked Nightbreed I will say that I hated the film the first time I saw it. I was bored and felt the story was disjointed. For some reason years later I picked up the book "Cabal" and enjoyed it thoroughly. After that I decided to watch the film again and noticed how much of the story was actually missing, plus with the understanding of what was meant to happen I found myself enjoying it a lot more.

So for those who never liked it I suggest reading the book if you have the time.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:18 AM   #113
Myron Breck
BOO!!! Gotcha!

I've never read any Barker; I'll have to check it out. Is that a good place to start?

"In this Age of Grand Illusion, you walked into my life out of my dreams..."
Myron Breck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:23 AM   #114
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Breck View Post
I've never read any Barker; I'll have to check it out. Is that a good place to start?
I think so. It's a very short book so it's not really going to take up a lot of time. The Hellbound Heart is also a good short book that later became the movie Hellraiser for those that don't know.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:27 PM   #115
Nailwraps
HackMaster

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/688...ing-home-video
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:42 PM   #116
spawningblue
Deadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-human View Post
I'm surprised how "meh" people were to this news in Shout's thread. I guess since this obviously isn't an obscure direct to video slasher that doesn't warrant Shout throwing an entire convention in San Francisco. That's what Comic Con is after all. And if a movie's been seen by more than 50 people it's not worth seeing at all am I right?

It's good to see Shout getting its hands dirty by cultivating such a release. We might not of gotten it otherwise. Since Shout's been somewhat hands off on the materials it's promising to see them take on such a project as this. I know they're probably a few degrees removed from the dirty work itself but this is promising for things to come none the less.
I'm the opposite, I love the big titles that they have been re-releasing on Blu-ray (The Fog, Prince of Darkness, The Howling ect.) but I thought Scream's announcements were the most part pretty weak.

I'm excited to see this cut of the movie, but to be honest, the theatrical cut is merely okay, and although I believe this cut will make the film better, the question is how much better? That and there is a good chance this set won't include the theatrical cut of the film, and the extra footage is coming from a VHS master so even if they clean it up it still won't look great. Don't get me wrong, I'll be pre-ordering this but until it gets closer to the date and more info has been revealed, including how good the footage looks, it's hard to get too excited about this at the moment. That and we all knew this was coming eventually, so if Scream didn't release it I'm sure someone else would have, although I'm glad it's in Screams hands.

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:48 AM   #117
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Just got to see Nightbreed The Cabal Cut last night at its first Australian screening. It was a wonderful experience. All the extra footage really helps flesh out the story and makes for a much more rewarding experience. The footage is still in pretty rough shape and you can hardly see what is going on in some of the darker scenes. We were told that once it gets released to disk (if the negatives still haven't shown up) it will get a lot of restoration work to bring those old VHS looking scenes to dvd quality.

Also, the director of the Cabal Cut told us the film is still changing. There are one or two exra scenes he is looking to re-insert and he is hoping some more footage will show up that he knows existed at one point.

He also touched on his ideas for a sequel and told us Clive had planned two more Nightbreed films back in the day before his original film was butchered and ruined.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:59 AM   #118
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
Also, the director of the Cabal Cut told us the film is still changing. There are one or two exra scenes he is looking to re-insert and he is hoping some more footage will show up that he knows existed at one point.
The director of the Cabal cut??? That's new to me. The director of Nightbreed/Cabal is Clive Barker and no one else.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:31 AM   #119
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoni View Post
The director of the Cabal cut??? That's new to me. The director of Nightbreed/Cabal is Clive Barker and no one else.
This "Cabal Cut" has been put together by one of Clive's close friends. So I guess he get a director's credit at least on the cover.
Old 08-10-2013, 02:08 PM   #120
Conal Cochran
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Breck View Post
The first Book of blood is awesome. It is a must read.