Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 08-06-2009, 10:10 PM   #166
CrazyFatEthel
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fceurich39 View Post
yep sure is just got off the phone with chris and he'll be having an exciting update for all of u

Old 08-06-2009, 10:19 PM   #167
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

All right folks, I was gonna wait till I was on Dead Pit Radio to say this but what the hell.

Okay - so here's the deal, MGM is currently looking into the rights they have in the film (music, artwork, etc.) and providing that all checks out we may see a DVD release of the film by February.

However, this is NOT concrete. There may be rights issues, they may license it out through another company - I believe Shout Factory is in talks with grabbing some MGM titles and now this one may be included - or they may just throw it on a few channels or on iTunes.

But this a direct quote from MGM;

"If everything checks out, it will get released somehow – maybe iTunes, maybe MGM’s HD channel, maybe through Fox, maybe through another DVD distributor….but I’ll keep you posted."

So there you have it folks, somehow, someway THE VIDEO DEAD will be making its way into our homes and it's all thanks to everyone who participated in the campaign and helped get the word out there.

You guys are awesome and I appreciate everything you guys have done.

Everyone except Dentists who I'm now happy to say; TOLD YA SO BITCH! Haha! I keed...lol.

The page is going to remain up until a definite release date is planned, I'm also going to keep MGM updated on the status of the page - friend requests, emails, comments, etc. - until the film does come out in some form.

Now if it doesn't make it to DVD but makes it to the MGM HD channel or iTunes, this still did work. Because obviously if it does well or enough people watch it when it comes on, a DVD release will happen eventually. Again it may not be through MGM or Fox, but they are the ones who are going to license it out through someone else so it is still THEIR decision as to whether or not it will come out.

So it's no longer a question of "if" now, it's just "when".

Thanks guys, you all rock!
Old 08-06-2009, 11:13 PM   #168
CrazyFatEthel
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismac87 View Post
All right folks, I was gonna wait till I was on Dead Pit Radio to say this but what the hell.

Okay - so here's the deal, MGM is currently looking into the rights they have in the film (music, artwork, etc.) and providing that all checks out we may see a DVD release of the film by February.

However, this is NOT concrete. There may be rights issues, they may license it out through another company - I believe Shout Factory is in talks with grabbing some MGM titles and now this one may be included - or they may just throw it on a few channels or on iTunes.

"If everything checks out, it will get released somehow – maybe iTunes, maybe MGM’s HD channel, maybe through Fox, maybe through another DVD distributor….but I’ll keep you posted."

So there you have it folks, somehow, someway THE VIDEO DEAD will be making its way into our homes and it's all thanks to everyone who participated in the campaign and helped get the word out there.

Everyone except Dentists who I'm now happy to say; TOLD YA SO BITCH! Haha! I keed...lol.

The page is going to remain up until a definite release date is planned, I'm also going to keep MGM updated on the status of the page - friend requests, emails, comments, etc. - until the film does come out in some form.

Now if it doesn't make it to DVD but makes it to the MGM HD channel or iTunes, this still did work. Because obviously if it does well or enough people watch it when it comes on, a DVD release will happen eventually. Again it may not be through MGM or Fox, but they are the ones who are going to license it out through someone else so it is still THEIR decision as to whether or not it will come out.

Jesus Christ, YES!!!!! Congrats!!! You deserve a fucking PICTURE on the back of the box now!!!
Old 08-06-2009, 11:30 PM   #169
captain_brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismac87 View Post

Congradulations, Chris my good man!

I must say, it's nice to see someone every bit as passionate about older genre films and general Horror as me, and for that person (you) to be responsible in a very large & meaningful way, to have a fine, old school title, finally hit DVD shelves. Like I've said before, you desurve your own featurette, or at least a thank you in the DVD credits, once it is finished and pressed.

By the way: I love the good ol' eastern Prestonsburg, Kentucky boyz on over at www.deadpit.com! I've been busy as of late, but I am catching up on they're last two big horror poster up-dates on YouTube, as well as they're latest two shows that I have downloaded and saved in HD. I know they really don't like this website that much, and I don't agree with everything they say, but I actually really like'em . Again, congrads, Chris.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:29 AM   #170
vampyr789
9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

oh yea baby!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats Chris!!!!!!!

New Friday the 13th Boxset Petition
vampyr789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:38 PM   #171
fceurich39
HackMaster

just an FYI CHRIS was on www.deadpitradio.com last night aug 7th edition he starts at 01:26:38 mark check out and listen
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:03 PM   #172
CrazyFatEthel
HackMaster

Cool!!!
Old 08-09-2009, 05:39 PM   #173
Body Boy
HackMaster

You guys are amazing. I think a round of applause goes to MVD and Televista too. If they didn't try to illegally release it on a crappy disc, there would have been no backlash to the situation and shutting down of their plans, and MGM probably never would have released this. Thanks Televista! :P Hehe, this is amazing.
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 04:06 AM   #174
bloodthrill
Stalker

Link is bad.. re-post if possible,plz.
Old 08-30-2009, 06:27 AM   #175
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

Here you go guys;

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/diaboli...The-Video-Dead

Or you can check the MySpace page, there's a link on there as well.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:28 AM   #176
bloodthrill
Stalker

Listening to the show now.. good stuff,but too bad about Roxanna.Has Rocky or anyone else been able to locate Vickie Bastel (April)?
Old 08-31-2009, 03:20 AM   #177
vampyr789
9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

im gonna say it again....MGM really should give you credit

New Friday the 13th Boxset Petition
vampyr789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 05:14 PM   #178
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

Hey guys, a bit of an update for you.

THE VIDEO DEAD will be premiering on the MGM HD channel on November 1st, at 11:00pm EST!

And should be playing throughout the month of Nov as part of a Zombie Promotion that MGM is doing on their channel!

So be sure to check it out and don't forget to tell your friends!
Old 10-04-2009, 11:42 PM   #179
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Thanks for telling us this! I wish I had MGM HD.
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:37 PM   #180
youthief
Victim

In an effort to spread the word, has any of the info in this thread been posted on DVDTalk.com or HomeTheaterForum.com?
youthief is offline   Reply With Quote