Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 10-05-2009, 09:07 PM   #181
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

I believe one of the members here tried posting it on DVDTalk - but it was marked as spam and he was banned!

Home Theater Forum, I have no idea.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:12 AM   #182
bloodthrill
Stalker

Just fired this email over to MGM at the link on DVDDrive-In's page:

To Whom It Concerns,

As an avid fan of horror/sci-fi films,I was dismayed to find that you canceled your Midnite Movies line.While I treasure the few restored favorites made available to me,I often wish for more.

There has been quite a fan-based resurgence for these movies on-line,and I am here to contribute to the cause whole-heartedly.With fantastic MGM releases of genre gems like Killer Klowns From Outer Space,(to this day,one of the best and most comprehensive DVD editions by any company,in my opinion) and Brian DePalma's unrated Dressed To Kill (technically not part of the MM line up,but fantastic nonetheless),you have no shortage of loyal fans.

Eighties classics we grew up with, like The Video Dead (a title which has garnered such great interest that online communities thrive in its name) and The Outing, A.K.A. The Lamp,(whose principal star,Andra St. Ivanyi I have personally contacted, and whom is very interested in participating in special features for the disc, along with other cast mates)deserve a bit of limelight after years of being out of print.

Numerous other horror and sci-fi titles are just sitting in a vault,slowly mouldering away to nothing.. its time we blow off the dust with a full-blown rescue of our beloved classics.There are too many VHS tapes sitting on my shelves that I am forced to hold onto until a better version comes along.

Not every film must have extensive special features either-a clean,widescreen transfer and theatrical trailer would be sufficient,as well as featuring the most complete version possible,unrated if necessary.There is no doubt that an uncut,unrated print outsells a rated one any day,and your company has always made an effort to give us just that.Please continue the trend.

Thanks so much for taking the time to listen to an appreciative,devoted fan.I hope to see great things on the horror horizon.

Sincerely,*name here*
Old 10-18-2009, 05:35 AM   #183
fceurich39
HackMaster

the video dead returns to the radio waves on OCTOBER 28TH

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/diaboli...-2-The-Zombies

also be sure to check out the premiere on Nov 1st on MGM HD channel
people who has directv should have this channel i have comcast and i don't get it here sadly
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 02:49 AM   #184
fceurich39
HackMaster

reminder the radio show is tonight
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/diaboli...-2-The-Zombies
Old 10-29-2009, 05:29 AM   #185
fceurich39
HackMaster

MGM’s Halloween Marathon kicks off Saturday, October 31 at 6:00am with Deranged and ends on November 1st with Twins of Evil.

For more info, clips or an exact schedule visit Dying For the Weekend.

Deranged (1974) – Based on the true story of serial killer Ed Gein, this low-budget cult-classic film follows the story of a man whose unnatural attachment to his mother carries on after her death. His obsession compels him to dig her up, learn taxidermy and begin a murder spree to patch her corpse with “fresher” materials.

Last House on the Left (1972) – The first film written and directed by horror mastermind Wes Craven, this gem was banned in the UK due to its sadism and violence. After kidnapping and brutally assaulting two young women, a gang led by a prison escapee unknowingly finds refuge at a vacation home belonging to the parents of one of the victims—a mother and father who devise an increasingly gruesome series of revenge tactics.

Howling II: Your Sister is a Werewolf (1985) – Christopher Lee, who made his name in 1950s and 1960s horror films, had given up the genre until appearing in this film, which has acquired a cult following due to the appearance of Jeb Brown, Sybil Danning and, of course, Christopher Lee. Taglined “Twice the terror! Twice the torment!,” the story follows a young girl who helps an investigator track down a gang of werewolves after her sister was murdered by one of the beasts.

The Last Man on Earth (1964) – The legendary Vincent Price, who had a voice so distinctive in horror that Michael Jackson used him to introduce “Thriller,” stars in this cult classic as the only survivor of a plague that has turned the world’s remaining inhabitants into vampires. Will Smith’s “I Am Legend” is based on this movie.

The Video Dead (1987) – This campy cult classic follows the story of a family who takes delivery of a new TV set, unaware that it is the gateway by which killer zombies enter the world. Featuring bad acting, hideous zombie make-up, terrible special effects and gore galore, this one’s a true treat for horror fans, as the film is not currently available on DVD.

Twins of Evil (1971) – From the illustrious Hammer Horror Collection, this lavish and sexually charged gothic thriller is set in 19th Century middle-Europe and follows the story of orphaned teenage twins Maria and Frieda as they go to live with their uncle Gustav Weil, who heads the Brotherhood, a vigilante group trying to stamp out vampirism.

this is just a taste of some of the movies on mgmhd
Old 11-02-2009, 03:08 AM   #186
fceurich39
HackMaster

reminder the video dead is on mgmhd tonight at 10:00 pm eastern standard time
Old 11-02-2009, 10:09 PM   #187
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

Anyone catch this last night? Looked and sounded awesome!
Old 11-02-2009, 10:52 PM   #188
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Was it better than the MonstersHD broadcast?
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:01 PM   #189
cazzasguy
Victim

I think it's fantastic that people are taking the time to pursue this magnificent piece of 80s nostalgia! It never fails to wind me up when I hear of this not being released when there is so much banal crap on the market.

Can't wait for the DVD, will order as soon as it is available and I've followed your links to add support. Thanks for your sterling efforts in this regard.
cazzasguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:02 AM   #190
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post
Was it better than the MonstersHD broadcast?
Well it was better than the rip that's been floating around if that's what you mean.

Whether or not it was better than the actual broadcast itself, I don't know, the only copy of the broadcast I've ever seen was the rip that has been upped on a few sites and the quality of that is so-so. The original ripper did a terrible job capturing it.

This broadcast was beautiful, in full 1080 HD, was awesome.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:16 AM   #191
fceurich39
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismac87 View Post
Well it was better than the rip that's been floating around if that's what you mean.

Whether or not it was better than the actual broadcast itself, I don't know, the only copy of the broadcast I've ever seen was the rip that has been upped on a few sites and the quality of that is so-so. The original ripper did a terrible job capturing it.

This broadcast was beautiful, in full 1080 HD, was awesome.
yep i checked it out earlier it was awesome hopefully it did well
Old 11-03-2009, 01:35 AM   #192
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

There's a contest going on at the MySpace page, check it out guys!

Check out the blog on the page for details!
Old 11-13-2009, 02:26 AM   #193
fceurich39
HackMaster

Dread Central interview about the Video Dead with The very dedicated/determined Chris Macgibbon here
http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/345...ead-almost-dvd
Old 04-04-2010, 10:57 PM   #194
springjack
Maniac

"The Video Dead" Dvd

Well, no news from MGM to release this title on R1.

Just found out that Shameless/Arrow DVD will release this title on R2 in August.

http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2562
________
Vaporizer Reviews

Last edited by springjack; 03-20-2011 at 10:28 PM.
springjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 11:45 PM   #195
fceurich39
HackMaster

the poster for that thread said it was an april fool's day joke

anyway we wont know anything about the region 1 release until the mgm auction is done and that may be awhile

it does air on mgmhd once in a while i recorded it 3 weeks back if u have dish or directv or u can get it at
www.fleshwoundvideo.com

Last edited by fceurich39; 04-04-2010 at 11:50 PM.