Old 04-05-2010, 04:00 AM   #196
springjack
Maniac

Quote:
the poster for that thread said it was an april fool's day joke
Really smart considering he posted on 31-03-2010
________
AIRSOFT INNOVATIONS TORNADO IMPACT GRENADE

Last edited by springjack; 03-20-2011 at 10:28 PM.
springjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:43 AM   #197
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

I don't know if anyone has been keeping up with the blogs on the page, really that's where all the info and news is being posted as of now, so if any release of any kind were to come up - it's something that would be reported there first hand.

I am keeping an eye out for an overseas release as well, as it is a film that did quite well in foreign markets.

In a slight bit of surprising news, I discovered MGM has updated the page on the film by putting the theatrical poster up. Now normally this would be something to overlook, but there are a ton of other films that haven't been on there nearly as long as TVD has - they only put it on the site in Nov - and they still do not have posters.

So...keep your eyes and ears peeled folks...may have some exciting news for you.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:13 PM   #198
springjack
Maniac

Is there any chance if any of you guys post a link to download the HD version?

I?m tired of searching and nothing...
And it seems the dvd will never see the light of day.

Thanks...
________
HANDJOB MODEL

Last edited by springjack; 03-20-2011 at 10:36 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:34 PM   #199
fceurich39
HackMaster

not sure where to download but www.fleshwoundvideo.com is selling the hd version
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:22 AM   #200
springjack
Maniac

Quote:
not sure where to download but www.fleshwoundvideo.com is selling the hd version
thanks for heads up but I don?t buy bootlegs.
Will gladly give money for the official dvd but never to bootleggers.
________
SC2 REPLAY

Last edited by springjack; 03-20-2011 at 10:37 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:23 AM   #201
Katatonia
The Dark and the Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by fceurich39 View Post
Is it the same HD rip that freezes up in one part with the "DVR" message on the screen? If so, I already have that one on DVD-R.

I'll gladly buy a legit DVD from MGM...if it ever comes out.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:23 AM   #202
fceurich39
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
Is it the same HD rip that freezes up in one part with the "DVR" message on the screen? If so, I already have that one on DVD-R.

I'll gladly buy a legit DVD from MGM...if it ever comes out.
no it doesn't freeze up it has spliced vhs footage into messed up scenes from the original dvr rip
Old 09-01-2010, 02:00 PM   #203
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

Hey guys,

So, it's been over a year since I've started the campaign to get THE VIDEO DEAD released on DVD and unfortunately an official announcement for THE VIDEO DEAD has yet to happen.

From what I understand there are some rights issues with music cues featured in the film and MGM is currently sorting that out which I can only assume, means they are planning a release for the film sometime in the future. My contact in the business said this is the last thing they do before releasing any film, but nothing has been confirmed as of yet.

But this post doesn't bring all so-so news - THE VIDEO DEAD, as of today; September 1st, 2010 - is available to watch via Netflix instant streaming in the glorious widescreen print us fans have been drooling over for the last several years!

I'm not sure what this means for the potential DVD release, I do know there are other MGM horror titles also in the running for potential releases that were added today as well, so maybe they're testing the films out to see how many queues they get added to. Maybe it means absolutely nothing and they just feel this is the best way to release the films without spending the money on DVD copies. I really don't know what it means - but I do know this, I'm proud the film is finally available in some way after 20 plus years for people to enjoy.

Now, this could mean that potentially the film is being prepped for a DVD release so I'm asking everyone on here to at least add it to their queue if not watch it, give it a 5 star rating, and hell - any other titles they've added you want to see get DVD releases. It's certainly not going to hurt and if anything this is the best, and only way, we have to see the film in its original widescreen format or any of the others for that matter!

So if you have Netflix, hop on and give the 80s cult classic that will change the way you feel about your television forever a spin!
Old 09-01-2010, 08:32 PM   #204
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismac87 View Post
But this post doesn't bring all so-so news - THE VIDEO DEAD, as of today; September 1st, 2010 - is available to watch via Netflix instant streaming in the glorious widescreen print us fans have been drooling over for the last several years!
Thanks for the update. I don't have netflix, but this is very interesting. Do you happen to know what the other MGM horror titles they added on there are?
CPT HOOK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:40 PM   #205
17thJuggalo
HackMaster

I'll definitely have to check this out.... right now!

I admire your dedication towards this flick chrismac.
17thJuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:47 PM   #206
killit
Maniac

Quote:
Hey guys,

So, it's been over a year since I've started the campaign to get THE VIDEO DEAD released on DVD and unfortunately an official announcement for THE VIDEO DEAD has yet to happen.

From what I understand there are some rights issues with music cues featured in the film and MGM is currently sorting that out which I can only assume, means they are planning a release for the film sometime in the future. My contact in the business said this is the last thing they do before releasing any film, but nothing has been confirmed as of yet.

I'm not sure what this means for the potential DVD release, I do know there are other MGM horror titles also in the running for potential releases that were added today as well, so maybe they're testing the films out to see how many queues they get added to. Maybe it means absolutely nothing and they just feel this is the best way to release the films without spending the money on DVD copies. I really don't know what it means - but I do know this, I'm proud the film is finally available in some way after 20 plus years for people to enjoy.

Now, this could mean that potentially the film is being prepped for a DVD release so I'm asking everyone on here to at least add it to their queue if not watch it, give it a 5 star rating, and hell - any other titles they've added you want to see get DVD releases. It's certainly not going to hurt and if anything this is the best, and only way, we have to see the film in its original widescreen format or any of the others for that matter!

So if you have Netflix, hop on and give the 80s cult classic that will change the way you feel about your television forever a spin!
damn! i remember being disappointed by this film as a kid, but fuck me I never thought itd make it to netflix streaming in widescreen to my house. between this and your enthusiasm for the pic, i think ill have to give this one another try tonight!
killit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:37 PM   #207
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

Thanks guys, really appreciate the support. I don't start something I don't intend to finish, it's just who I am.

As far as what other MGM titles I cannot say for sure, but here are a few I know;

THE INCREDIBLE MELTING MAN
THE RESURRECTED
TROLL 2
FROM A WHISPER TO A SCREAM
THE TOMB (Fred Olan Ray)
SPECIAL EFFECTS
NEW YEAR'S EVIL
THE HORROR SHOW

Others that are new but I'm not sure of are;

AUDREY ROSE
SPELLCASTER
THE FALLING
CRAWLSPACE
OPEN HOUSE
DEEP STAR SIX

There are also many other Full Moon horror titles that have been added as well.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:51 PM   #208
fceurich39
HackMaster

awesome i also wonder what horror titles will be showing on mgmhd this oct

good news
Old 09-01-2010, 11:04 PM   #209
17thJuggalo
HackMaster

Ok I just watched this and quite frankly it's one of the most retarded films I've ever seen. However it's extreme cheese made me crack up randomly. This movie is on a Troll 2 type of level with its ridiculousness.
17thJuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:05 PM   #210
shithead
Death By Ejaculation

Quote:
Thanks guys, really appreciate the support. I don't start something I don't intend to finish, it's just who I am.

As far as what other MGM titles I cannot say for sure, but here are a few I know;

THE INCREDIBLE MELTING MAN
THE RESURRECTED
TROLL 2
FROM A WHISPER TO A SCREAM
THE TOMB (Fred Olan Ray)
SPECIAL EFFECTS
NEW YEAR'S EVIL
THE HORROR SHOW

Others that are new but I'm not sure of are;

AUDREY ROSE
SPELLCASTER
THE FALLING
CRAWLSPACE
OPEN HOUSE
DEEP STAR SIX

There are also many other Full Moon horror titles that have been added as well.
Awesome...just added all of these, thanks for the heads up!

I also saw Hands Of the Ripper and Vampire Circus added, for you hammer fans out there.

My DVDs
shithead is offline   Reply With Quote