Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 09-01-2010, 10:12 PM   #211
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

SUGAR HILL is up there as well.

Juggalo, one thing I've always said is this film is not CITIZEN KANE. It's a bad, bad film, but it's a hell of a lot of fun and of course has a certain 80s charm.

My dedication towards this film solely is personal to a certain degree, it's one of the films that got me into horror films. Seeing this as a kid, just getting into the genre and loving zombies was a dream come true. Zombies coming out of a TV and ransacking the neighborhood, but nice to those who don't fear them - where do I sign up?

It's always been a favorite of mine and I'm sure it always will be. Understanding that, my advice to anyone who hasn't seen the film or is seeing it again for the first time in however many years, grab some friends, and a six pack before venturing into the realm of THE VIDEO DEAD and get your best Riff Track face on. There is an insane amount of fun to be had with this flick and it's unbridled 80s cheese, so "Go for it dude!"
Old 09-02-2010, 01:51 AM   #212
shithead
Death By Ejaculation

Just watched Video Dead for the first time and really enjoyed it, great 80's cheese with some pretty decent gore effects. I would definitely buy it when it comes out.

I also noticed that the Que pic of The Incredible Melting Man has the MGM Midnite Movies logo....impending release much?

My DVDs
shithead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:55 AM   #213
Samhoryak
Screamy Bopper

They are just using the VHS cover.
Samhoryak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:02 AM   #214
fceurich39
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shithead View Post
Just watched Video Dead for the first time and really enjoyed it, great 80's cheese with some pretty decent gore effects. I would definitely buy it when it comes out.

I also noticed that the Que pic of The Incredible Melting Man has the MGM Midnite Movies logo....impending release much?
well i dunno i have the mgm midnite movies vhs of incredible melting man i think this was supposed to be out on dvd but got cancelled back when mgm midnite movies line were coming out regularly
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:32 AM   #215
springjack
Maniac

Someone please send me a PM with a link for a torrrent/rapidshare/emule/megaupload file of the widescreen version?

I really love this movie. Nostalgia trip for me.

I would gladly buy the dvd if there was one.
I?m not buying any bootleg.

Thanks!
________
Michigan medical marijuana dispensaries

Last edited by springjack; 03-20-2011 at 10:08 PM.
springjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:26 AM   #216
17thJuggalo
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismac87 View Post
Understanding that, my advice to anyone who hasn't seen the film or is seeing it again for the first time in however many years, grab some friends, and a six pack before venturing into the realm of THE VIDEO DEAD and get your best Riff Track face on. There is an insane amount of fun to be had with this flick and it's unbridled 80s cheese, so "Go for it dude!"
This would be perfect to sit around with some friends and drink while watching this. Might have to add this to the list of movies on me "Top Shelf Beer, Bottom Shelf Movie" nights.
17thJuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:48 PM   #217
SaxCatz
Maniac

Quote:
Thanks guys, really appreciate the support. I don't start something I don't intend to finish, it's just who I am.

As far as what other MGM titles I cannot say for sure, but here are a few I know;

THE INCREDIBLE MELTING MAN
THE RESURRECTED
TROLL 2
FROM A WHISPER TO A SCREAM
THE TOMB (Fred Olan Ray)
SPECIAL EFFECTS
NEW YEAR'S EVIL
THE HORROR SHOW

Others that are new but I'm not sure of are;

AUDREY ROSE
SPELLCASTER
THE FALLING
CRAWLSPACE
OPEN HOUSE
DEEP STAR SIX

There are also many other Full Moon horror titles that have been added as well.
Great finds!
You should add these to our Netflix Instant Streaming tracker!
SaxCatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 04:42 PM   #218
SaxCatz
Maniac

Thanks to Netflix, I saw this film this morning for the first time.
It does work... in much the same way that Return of the Living Dead works. However, I would put it more on par with that classic's sequel than the classic itself.
If I were to assign it a rating out of ten, I'd have to teter between 6 & 7.
SaxCatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 06:01 PM   #219
BroodingHope
Maniac

I'm tempted to get Netflix for this release alone. I haven't seen it in years and would love to see the film again.

- Theodor Adorno

DVD Collection
BroodingHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 06:01 PM   #220
Slackjaw83
Lonely St. Tattooer

I just added this to my netflix instant-play list last night. Hopefully gonna check it out before I head out on vacation on Monday
Old 09-04-2010, 08:23 PM   #221
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

I saw the full list of added Netflix titles over at Dread Central.

Another cheesy underrated gem on there is the female wilderness survival flick Blood Games. Fun little movie, I don't believe it has ever been released on DVD.
CPT HOOK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 08:55 PM   #222
killit
Maniac

This movie is like troll 2 part one
killit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:36 PM   #223
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

Okay folks, so as you all know it's been over a year since I started the campaign to get THE VIDEO DEAD released on DVD here in the U.S. by MGM.

Well after more than a year is passed the only thing MGM has done with the film is shown it once on MGM HD last November, and just recently put it on Netflix available to watch instantly.

For me it was a total score to have both these things happen, but at the same time a let down because in the back of my mind I've always feared this is all they were going to do with it and at this point, I truly believe the Netflix instant streaming is as far as it's going to go with them.

With that being said, I'm by no means giving up. There is a company overseas some of you may or not be familiar with that has been releasing cult horror films in the last year, they are a fan run company with a message board community that they check daily to see what their fans want on the discs their producing. Right down to the alternate cover art they use, what features, what kind of a release, etc. Yes folks, the company is Arrow Video whom has an interest in releasing the film on DVD and potentially Blu Ray(!) Can you imagine seeing THE VIDEO DEAD in high def? I mean I can't imagine it getting much better.

The cool thing about Arrow is they've allowed me to post a poll on their forum - http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arro...ad-1987-a.html - where I've opened a poll to vote for THE VIDEO DEAD on DVD or Blu Ray - or both - and all they need is a few hundred votes pressing for the film, to gain enough interest for them to seek out the rights and finally get it released.

Now I know for some of you getting it released overseas isn't something that's going to benefit you if it only happens on DVD, being it would be a Region 2 locked disc - however, their Blu Rays are REGION FREE and can be viewed anywhere in the world. So it makes the effort to get it released on Blu Ray just that much more enticing for those involved. I mean really how cool would it be to have THE VIDEO DEAD on Blu Ray?

Seriously, don't think much could match that....well at least for me!

So all you have to do is go on to the Cult Lab Forums, register and vote on the poll for THE VIDEO DEAD to be released on DVD, Blu Ray or both. My vote went for the "both" option which it appears most are going for as well.

So here's the link to the forum;

http://www.cult-labs.com/forums

And here is the direct link to the thread concerning THE VIDEO DEAD if you are already a member;

http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arro...ad-1987-a.html

Thanks once again guys for all your support. I have a really good feeling about this and I'm confident if the numbers are there, we'll be holding this 80s cult gem in our hands sooner than later.

Chris M.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:29 AM   #224
pwrslave
Stalker

Quote:
Okay folks, so as you all know it's been over a year since I started the campaign to get THE VIDEO DEAD released on DVD here in the U.S. by MGM.

Well after more than a year is passed the only thing MGM has done with the film is shown it once on MGM HD last November, and just recently put it on Netflix available to watch instantly.

For me it was a total score to have both these things happen, but at the same time a let down because in the back of my mind I've always feared this is all they were going to do with it and at this point, I truly believe the Netflix instant streaming is as far as it's going to go with them.

With that being said, I'm by no means giving up. There is a company overseas some of you may or not be familiar with that has been releasing cult horror films in the last year, they are a fan run company with a message board community that they check daily to see what their fans want on the discs their producing. Right down to the alternate cover art they use, what features, what kind of a release, etc. Yes folks, the company is Arrow Video whom has an interest in releasing the film on DVD and potentially Blu Ray(!) Can you imagine seeing THE VIDEO DEAD in high def? I mean I can't imagine it getting much better.

The cool thing about Arrow is they've allowed me to post a poll on their forum - http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arro...ad-1987-a.html - where I've opened a poll to vote for THE VIDEO DEAD on DVD or Blu Ray - or both - and all they need is a few hundred votes pressing for the film, to gain enough interest for them to seek out the rights and finally get it released.

Now I know for some of you getting it released overseas isn't something that's going to benefit you if it only happens on DVD, being it would be a Region 2 locked disc - however, their Blu Rays are REGION FREE and can be viewed anywhere in the world. So it makes the effort to get it released on Blu Ray just that much more enticing for those involved. I mean really how cool would it be to have THE VIDEO DEAD on Blu Ray?

Seriously, don't think much could match that....well at least for me!

So all you have to do is go on to the Cult Lab Forums, register and vote on the poll for THE VIDEO DEAD to be released on DVD, Blu Ray or both. My vote went for the "both" option which it appears most are going for as well.

So here's the link to the forum;

http://www.cult-labs.com/forums

And here is the direct link to the thread concerning THE VIDEO DEAD if you are already a member;

http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arro...ad-1987-a.html

Thanks once again guys for all your support. I have a really good feeling about this and I'm confident if the numbers are there, we'll be holding this 80s cult gem in our hands sooner than later.

Chris M.
Signed up on the Cult Labs forum and voted Yes to DVD and Blu. Hopefully enough votes will come through to get a release!
pwrslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:32 AM   #225
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Voted for both!

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote