Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 07-28-2011, 04:12 AM   #256
fceurich39
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismac87 View Post
What do you mean thanks to me??? I never supplied you with that version of the film and furthermore, the only version Flesh Wound Video carried was a version originally with VHS footage spliced in then later with footage from the HD broadcast that still used two standard definition masters.

The version I'm posting screen caps of is a pure 1080p HD source, neither of the Flesh Wound Video releases had this copy and I certainly wouldn't give it out to anyone.
yep i got those as well as a 1080p HD source blu-ray transfer as well from my uncle see your not the only one who loves this movie

Last edited by fceurich39; 07-28-2011 at 04:16 AM.
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 05:12 AM   #257
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by fceurich39 View Post
yep i got those as well as a 1080p HD source blu-ray transfer as well from my uncle see your not the only one who loves this movie
Yeah never thought I was the only one, as a matter of fact there's at least 1,700 people on MySpace and close to another 400 on Facebook - not to
mention the 21,000 so people who have seen and rated the film on Netflix.

Funny thing is, when you told me you got the 1080p source, it was from a friend who recorded it for you, strange now how "friend" turned to "uncle". But who am I to nitpick???
Old 12-07-2011, 02:44 PM   #258
HoldenMcNeil
Stalker

Just watched this on netflix this morning. Pretty decent transfer, but the film is nothing special. The film is great in the morning with a cup of coffee and a cigarette though. Anyone else here stream from their 360? I had some trouble with the black levels. They were more grey than black, but just a switch to intermediate and they were fine. It's just going to get annoying switching back and forth in the reference level menu everytime I want to play a game or watch a movie, since games look better on standard, but that gives me the grey-blacks while watching netflix. Anyone else have a similar problem?

It's only an island if you look at it from the water.

37!!!

You Mean the Movie Lied!?
HoldenMcNeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:11 PM   #259
JGrendel
HackMaster

Does anyone know if this is getting released even as a MOD?
JGrendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:25 PM   #260
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGrendel View Post
Does anyone know if this is getting released even as a MOD?
Currently, no, there are music rights issues that MGM has yet to clear up. The songs used in the film were licensed for theatrical and analog distribution, not digital. So they have no rights to release it on a digital format until they clear those rights up.

Since the two bands that provided music for the film were basically garage bands that flat out don't exist anymore, I don't see why anyone would even blink at it, wondering why they're music is there, etc. But it's one of those legalities that's going to continue to hold it up.

Did get some good news this morning on the UK front of things though...

The German distributor who was supposed to release it this year pushed the release back to sometime next year. Granted both releases are region 2, neither has confirmed if they're releasing it on Blu Ray yet but I've got high hopes.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:02 PM   #261
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

^ I watched it on Netflix while visiting family and the HD transfer was gorgeous. They need to release it on blu-ray, it is a shame they have these HD transfers of Video Dead, The Immortalizer, The Resurrected, TerrorVision,Spellbinder, and Blood Games held hostage exclusively for Netflix subscribers.

Actually, The Resurrected didn't look so great, but considering it is HD and widescreen it was a hell of a step-up from the DVD. And I didn't get to watch Blood Games in HD (I have it on VHS), so I can't comment on that transfer either. Hopefully it wasn't in fullscreen HD like Rockula.

They're not going to bother putting together supplements for these, I think they should considering maybe a double feature blu-ray? The transfers probably aren't bigger than 25GB a piece, so compression shouldn't be an issue. The Video Dead and TerrorVision would be perfect together.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:57 PM   #262
JGrendel
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
^ I watched it on Netflix while visiting family and the HD transfer was gorgeous. They need to release it on blu-ray, it is a shame they have these HD transfers of Video Dead, The Immortalizer, The Resurrected, TerrorVision,Spellbinder, and Blood Games held hostage exclusively for Netflix subscribers.

Actually, The Resurrected didn't look so great, but considering it is HD and widescreen it was a hell of a step-up from the DVD. And I didn't get to watch Blood Games in HD (I have it on VHS), so I can't comment on that transfer either. Hopefully it wasn't in fullscreen HD like Rockula.

They're not going to bother putting together supplements for these, I think they should considering maybe a double feature blu-ray? The transfers probably aren't bigger than 25GB a piece, so compression shouldn't be an issue. The Video Dead and TerrorVision would be perfect together.

I agree & I think that would be a pretty cool pairing on Blu. I'd buy it...
JGrendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:21 PM   #263
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

It took 4 years, but THE VIDEO DEAD is finally coming out to DVD via Scream Factory in 2013!

Thank you for everyone who supported the campaign, who let their voices be heard and helped me get the word out there. Without any of you, this wouldn't have been possible.

Thanks all! And to the nay sayers, I have only one thing to say;
Old 09-28-2012, 03:45 PM   #264
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

haha, but I hear your copy will be a cut VHS EP speed rip while we all get 1:85:1 pristine transfers
Old 09-28-2012, 03:47 PM   #265
DVD-fanatic-9
Remaking My Soul

2013...??? Oh, well. I'll have my hands full anyway just trying to save up for Secret Beyond the Door (I have never been this broke before, so yeah finding a spare $18-20 will be a milestone).

Now, if only some kind studio would get started on the apparent million-year march it's going to take to get The Borrower on DVD and Possession (1981) re-released.
DVD-fanatic-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:24 PM   #266
Nailwraps
HackMaster

You miust be pretty happy right now chrismac87. I know I am.
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:26 PM   #267
nateynate87
Victim

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismac87 View Post
It took 4 years, but THE VIDEO DEAD is finally coming out to DVD via Scream Factory in 2013!

Thank you for everyone who supported the campaign, who let their voices be heard and helped me get the word out there. Without any of you, this wouldn't have been possible.

Thanks all! And to the nay sayers, I have only one thing to say;
Very happy to see this finally get released, and by someone who actually cares about these movies!

I doubt anyone is as happy as you though

Gotta ask though, what the hell are you going to do now? Lol
nateynate87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:09 PM   #268
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateynate87 View Post
Very happy to see this finally get released, and by someone who actually cares about these movies!

I doubt anyone is as happy as you though

Gotta ask though, what the hell are you going to do now? Lol
The same thing I do every night Pinky...try and take over the world!
Old 10-21-2012, 04:40 AM   #269
Korngold
Stalker

I have to revive this thread because I got netflix recently and watched this film!

I have to be honest: I thought it was okay. The zombies looked great for such a low budget film and the premise was good, but I felt the film faltered on the acting and atmosphere. I'd love to see the film inside the film though.

If you've seen 976-Evil 2 and the It's a wonderful life/Night of the Living Dead death scene I thought that film pulled off the idea slightly better.

Still I'm happy it's getting released and hope more of these gems get released.

My DVDs

Last edited by Korngold; 10-21-2012 at 04:49 AM.
Korngold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:27 AM   #270
DVD-fanatic-9
Remaking My Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korngold View Post
If you've seen 976-Evil 2 and the It's a wonderful life/Night of the Living Dead death scene I thought that film pulled off the idea slightly better.
Agreed. But, again (whenever I praise Video Dead, I relate it directly to this film) I don't remember Night of the Creeps having any real atmosphere most of the time either. And people go nuts over that film. And I don't agree about the acting, at all. This cast was FUN. And, as something like John Carpenter's The Thing proves- people just need to like the cast.

But, I really like 976-Evil 2. So...
DVD-fanatic-9 is offline   Reply With Quote