Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 07-22-2009, 08:10 PM   #46
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

I will support any DVD that Code Red releases, but getting in arguments on forums does not make the company look very professional.
fattyjoe37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:43 PM   #47
Body Boy
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorallySound View Post
Why not just wait until it's released and there's a AV review, then you'll know whether it's widescreen or not. And whether or not it's an actual release or a boot. What's the rush? There's no point in getting all tangled up in plaid, just have some patience.
THANK YOU TYLER!

Thank you so much. This is one of the major problems I see: impatience. The world ain't gonna end people. Well, at least not until 2012. jk
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:12 PM   #48
captain_brandon

Whoa, this thread has officially de-railed. *nods head sadly*
Old 07-22-2009, 09:26 PM   #49
X-human
I ate my keys

Why anyone would pay top dollar to Televista for a bootleg has always mystified me. You can download it for free (like they obviously did) or find it for 8 bucks from anyone one of thousands of websites.

You gotta calm down chrismac87, I'll tell you were Televista got the transfer from. They pulled it out of their ass. Then they're going to charge you $20 to wipe it off for them.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:32 PM   #50
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

I am completely calm. I'm just curious to know where their widescreen transfer came from.

I did manage to contact them, they are calling me back, if I don't hear back from them today - I will contact them again tomorrow to confirm the ratio and what not.
chrismac87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:36 PM   #51
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-human View Post
You gotta calm down chrismac87, I'll tell you were Televista got the transfer from. They pulled it out of their ass. Then they're going to charge you $20 to wipe it off for them.

MutleyHyde - you know what to do.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:44 PM   #52
spawningblue
Deadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismac87 View Post
I am completely calm. I'm just curious to know where their widescreen transfer came from.

I did manage to contact them, they are calling me back, if I don't hear back from them today - I will contact them again tomorrow to confirm the ratio and what not.
Not to jump in and take any sides as I think both parties are at fault, but dude, you do seem a little impatient. How many e-mails or calls have you made in the last week to different companies to find out about this. Like others have said, just wait until the details are announced, it won't kill you, honestly!

I get as excited as the next guy when a movie I really like is announced, but I don't bug companies about them constantly. When they have the details and are ready to release them to the public you'll be able to read about it the same time as everyone else. And again, you can argue you don't think you are bugging them, but when you call a company and then say you are going to call them again tomorrow if you don't hear back, that's a little crazy man. Give them at least a week to get back to you, and even then... These are big companies that I'm sure are busy and don;t have time to spend on the phone.

Not trying to be a prick or anything man, just saying... hold out, it will make the news that much more special when it hits!

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast

Last edited by spawningblue; 07-22-2009 at 10:25 PM.
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:12 PM   #53
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

I never said I'd call them back to them - I just said it here.

And in the last week I've contacted one company, MVD, and this one which now makes it two.

I called MVD once to confirm it was indeed THE VIDEO DEAD and not a music video release, and Televista to confirm the ratio.

The problem I have is I don't like providing information that may not be true, and I confirmed it would be in widescreen based on what another company told me and if it is NOT going to be in widescreen I'd like to make sure it's said as well so folks don't get their hopes up.

I'm aware it won't kill me to wait, but it seems the only way anyone's going to find out if it is widescreen or fullscreen is to buy it and I don't think anyone wants to spend $20 just to confirm an aspect ratio.

Also Televista apparently is not known for its ability to inform people of their releases. They have several on the site, MVD, and no specs are provided for any of them.

If you'd like to, by all means go ahead but pretty much like everyone else said; why spend $20 on a high end bootleg, when you can spend $10-12 to get the exact same thing or something you already have?

Makes sense to me.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:27 PM   #54
17thJuggalo
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattyjoe37 View Post
I will support any DVD that Code Red releases, but getting in arguments on forums does not make the company look very professional.
My thoughts exactly.

Anyway, does anyone know if this is a bootleg or what?
17thJuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:59 PM   #55
fceurich39
HackMaster

the only telavista dvd i own is meet the feebles i think i was happy with that dvd release
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:05 PM   #56
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

I have one through them, TOXIC ZOMBIES, which is a video to DVD transfer from a worn out VHS.

I actually have the German disc for that title which is a film transfer, and looks infinity better.

Hopefully they kind of up the ante on this one...but most likely, they won't. We'll see.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:17 PM   #57
fceurich39
HackMaster

i too am curious about the widescreen print they got for video dead and if mgm knows about this maybe telavista or whoever got it direct from someone who worked at monstershd i am hoping
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:40 PM   #58
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

I just got done making a custom cover for this, going with the assumption it IS in widescreen, I put that for the spec info on the back however if that does change, I will change the cover to match.

**EDIT**

Just received the call back, it IS full screen not wide and is more than likely sourced from a VHS tape. According to Televista the film is being licensed from someone in England, Orbit Films or something to that effect, and that's how they are releasing the film.

I do recall hearing the UK video was framed better than the US release - if it indeed comes from the UK video - leaving more room on the sides but not an incredible amount.

So there we have it folks, turns out it's just another VHS to DVD transfer from the folks over at Televista, hopefully someday MGM will throw it out on a double feature or something the way it should be released and we can finally have a definitive edition.

Last edited by chrismac87; 07-23-2009 at 12:12 AM.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:30 AM   #59
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismac87 View Post
**EDIT**

Just received the call back, it IS full screen not wide and is more than likely sourced from a VHS tape. According to Televista the film is being licensed from someone in England, Orbit Films or something to that effect, and that's how they are releasing the film.

I do recall hearing the UK video was framed better than the US release - if it indeed comes from the UK video - leaving more room on the sides but not an incredible amount.

So there we have it folks, turns out it's just another VHS to DVD transfer from the folks over at Televista, hopefully someday MGM will throw it out on a double feature or something the way it should be released and we can finally have a definitive edition.
Yuck, just a fullscreen DVD likely sourced from a VHS tape? Screw that then.

What happened to the "It IS definitely WIDESCREEN" from earlier in this thread?

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:34 AM   #60
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

lol.

That's why I wanted it confirmed.

I'm hoping it is sourced from a UK tape because as I said, with that being the case we will get more information on the left and right of the screen but I'd say a good half would still be left out. So a quarter on each side.

I don't know exactly why any of the releases would be framed differently but apparently the Japanese tape is completely different from all the other releases as well. So who knows?