Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 07-26-2009, 07:27 PM   #91
CrazyFatEthel
HackMaster

So...this isnt being released?!?
Old 07-26-2009, 07:41 PM   #92
Jeremy
Closet SCREAM fan

You know, at one point MGM reps monitored this board. Maybe they still do, I don't know, but I used to get e-mails from them occasionally. If they DO own this title and DO still monitor this place, all this discussion could have tipped them off and led them to threaten legal action to kill the release.

Just a speculative theory, you know.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 11:17 PM   #93
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

I was beginning to wonder if that was the case but MGM swears up and down they do not own the rights to it at all.

The claim Bijoux Flicks Releasing owns it - but when I informed them about the Monsters HD print the representative asked me to email their corporate office about it and see what they said.

That was a while ago but I'm still hoping to hear back from them.

I could honestly see this making a good double feature with SCARECROWS or THE RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD even. As long as it had its own disc and didn't come on one of those awful flipper discs. That would be the only thing I'd want if that was the case.
chrismac87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 11:28 PM   #94
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
You know, at one point MGM reps monitored this board. Maybe they still do, I don't know, but I used to get e-mails from them occasionally. If they DO own this title and DO still monitor this place, all this discussion could have tipped them off and led them to threaten legal action to kill the release.

Just a speculative theory, you know.
It's very strange that the HD broadcast had the MGM logo displayed at the beginning of the film plain as day, so they must have at least distributed it at that point.

If they do still monitor this board, release it to DVD already!

Katatonia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 11:37 PM   #95
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

Well that's what I said to them which prompted them to give me their corporate email to explain the situation. That and Bijoux Flicks Releasing is a bootleg operation and if they somehow masterfully obtained the rights to it somehow; WHERE THE F&%K IS OUR WIDESCREEN DVD!?
Old 07-27-2009, 12:00 AM   #96
fceurich39
HackMaster

speaking of mgm where the heck is poughkeepsie tapes on dvd already???
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 12:16 AM   #97
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

First off, I'd like to apologize publicly to Bill Norton of Code Red DVD - my behavior was a bit childish and brash and I wish nothing but the best for him and his company.

Now, I just got off the phone with MGM's legal department.

They DO own this film, although at this time there are no plans for a DVD release date. I spoke with a Ben who confirmed to me that the title is in their library. When I explained to him that I had called the MGM DVD hotline and there was no information pertaining to it, he just believes that it was because of the way the film was cataloged or they honestly just didn't know. But they did contact Televista with a cease and desist letter to stop the release from coming out.

He also gave me the contact information for someone who is in charge of releasing films for MGM and asked me to contact her to let her know about the title's selling power and fanbase to hopefully get it released sometime soon.

When I speak to her about the title and I'm going to ask if it is okay if I can post her email address here and will ask all of you interested in pre-ordering a legit DVD release to contact her and let her know of your interest in the title as well as others you may believe would be interested in it as well.

Hopefully this information helps, and gets the film released on DVD the way it deserves to be released; remastered and in widescreen.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:44 AM   #98
rhett

Nice work, detective chrismac! You should just point the contact to this thread - clearly there's quite the interest in the title. Glad to see MGM acted on this, though, to shutdown the bootleggers. Yet, with that comes the responsibility of them delivering what they just denied the fans - a DVD copy of the film. Let's see it!
Old 07-28-2009, 01:11 AM   #99
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

Well I was going to do that Rhett but there is a lot of bickering and arguing here as well so I'm hoping a more direct approach of her personally getting messages might be more useful but I will suggest either or to her and see which she prefers!
Old 07-28-2009, 03:26 AM   #100
vampyr789
9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

thats great chrismac!!!!!! im happy MGM didnt just shut u out and ignore your requests.

New Friday the 13th Boxset Petition
vampyr789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:19 AM   #101
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

I can't imagine they would.

I'm a potential customer and especially in these trying times, the last thing they want to do is piss us off! lol.

They did say they appreciated my persistence in the matter as if I hadn't done so, they may have never looked into it. So I guess I can pat myself on the back for that one.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:42 AM   #102
x666x
HackMaster

It sounds like they need someone like you to work for them so you can help them take care of business, properly.
x666x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 05:34 AM   #103
scott71670
Maniac

Well if someone from MGM does see this, I would like to tell them I'd definitely buy this disc and it would be a lovely way to re-inaugurate the Midnight Movies banner (hint,hint).
scott71670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 06:14 AM   #104
CrazyFatEthel
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott71670 View Post
Well if someone from MGM does see this, I would like to tell them I'd definitely buy this disc and it would be a lovely way to re-inaugurate the Midnight Movies banner (hint,hint).
I agree, I really hate when companies dangle a dvd release in front of us and either push back the street date, or cancel it all together.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:16 AM   #105
Angelman
HackMaster

Well done Chris(mac). Hopefully they will see that movies like this are worth their time, and in a larger sense, good for the MGM brand as a whole. Guys like Bill may struggle with the shifting economics of the biz, but MGM can look at these releases as a way to forward the brand and corner a market with their great back catalog.
Angelman is offline   Reply With Quote