Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 08-03-2009, 12:05 AM   #1
fceurich39
HackMaster

Razorback on dvd 8/4/09 WTF???

I have heard no news until i seen someone posted about it here i guess this ais a website exclusive or something anyone know?

go here
http://www.wbshop.com/Razorback-+EST...l?cgid=ARCHIVE
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:36 AM   #2
Kolpitz
Purely and Simply Evil

This is part of Warner's "new" Archive Collection that they unleashed a few months back (check out the thread here). Basically, WB had archived all of their films in 16x9 digital masters (well, assuming the movie is in widescreen as a lot of the titles are older, before widescreen), for preservation. They knew that a lot of the titles wouldn't sell when released to stores and major sites so they're making them to order, exclusively through their Archive Collection website. They are DVD-Rs though (professional DVD-Rs but DVD-Rs nonetheless) and I guess a lot of the transfers are interlaced. Still, if Razorback is coming as part of this collection then there's almost no chance that it'll ever be released in stores.

My DVD Collection

Everybody's Doing It

Be a Follower

The Films I've Watched: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
Kolpitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:58 AM   #3
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Eh, I'll stick with the R2 Anchor Bay DVD. I picked that up for about $4, although the R4 release is the best out there.

Hopefully Warner will release more hidden horror gems in the Archive Collection though.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:30 AM   #4
eric_angelus
Testacular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
Eh, I'll stick with the R2 Anchor Bay DVD. I picked that up for about $4, although the R4 release is the best out there.

Hopefully Warner will release more hidden horror gems in the Archive Collection though.
My thoughts exactly...love my R2 dvd...and lets have some deadly eyes!
eric_angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:58 PM   #5
Darga
Narcissistic Personality

My technical knowledge is rather limited, what's bad about interlaced transfers? I'm thinking I should probably just go ahead and get the R4 disc instead.
Darga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:29 AM   #6
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darga View Post
My technical knowledge is rather limited, what's bad about interlaced transfers? I'm thinking I should probably just go ahead and get the R4 disc instead.

These links will explain it all:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interlace
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_scan
http://www.axis.com/products/video/c...ssive_scan.htm
http://hometheater.about.com/od/befo...essivescan.htm

I'm not certain the R4 disc is Progressive encoded or not.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:07 AM   #7
CrazyFatEthel
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
That was a prime example of frustration on DVD's such as Dead Pit, and Savage Streets.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:37 AM   #8
Kolpitz
Purely and Simply Evil

I'll probably buy this eventually. I don't have a region free player anymore and I just don't care enough to buy another one. When I did have one, everything I bought from other countries would eventually come out on Region 1 anyway. Plus, I've been wanting to check out Warner's Archive Collection but I haven't been interested in any of the titles so far. It's sad that Razorback isn't considered worthy of a "real" DVD release though.

My DVD Collection

Everybody's Doing It

Be a Follower

The Films I've Watched: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
Kolpitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:57 AM   #9
17thJuggalo
HackMaster

Does anyone have any other examples of these DVD-R's released through a major studio? I haven't heard anything about this prior to this thread.
17thJuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 03:32 PM   #10
fceurich39
HackMaster

i really want this but i got a reply today saying only the 4 major credit cards are accepted not even pre paid credit cards are which sucks if anyone buys this i'll gladly send u a money order for it if u get an extra copy?
Old 08-06-2009, 05:39 PM   #11
Darga
Narcissistic Personality

Hey, fceurich39, I'm still weighing up putting in an order with the Archives collection but if and when I do I can pick up a copy of the Razorback disc for you.
Darga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:51 PM   #12
fceurich39
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darga View Post
Hey, fceurich39, I'm still weighing up putting in an order with the Archives collection but if and when I do I can pick up a copy of the Razorback disc for you.
ok thanks i am kinda looking around right now for it on the web
Old 08-06-2009, 08:10 PM   #13
MrKateB
Asshole Extraordinaire

Ummm..So, I am posting a rather "Dragnettish" style report of how things went for me the other night trying to order a copy of "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark"... I just thought it would be interesting to some (and I'm sure just another bunch of crap from me to others, but that's okay too..)

Sunday, August 2nd
Approx 8:15pm: Get caught up with emails, receive on from a friend that includes the news about Don't be Afraid etc. being released and click on link to see what the deal was..

Approx 8:45pm: After several reloads of the WB site, mostly due to weird script issues and programming conflicts on their site, I finally am able to get to the checkout screen...

Approx 9:00pm: After trying about 8-9 times to click on the "Confirm Purchase" button and getting a "There has been a problem processing your order" message, verifying that there was no credit card issue and then not getting jack shit re: help on the WB site, decide to give up and call customer service in the morning.

Approx. 9:05pm: Trying to close out the WB site freezes entire computer, I lose everything else I was working on, shut the damn computer off by pulling the plug out of the wall...

Approx. 9:06pm: I am now found on the couch with two different smokable materials nearby, only one of which is tobacco. Just sorta "chillin", to avoid throwing the whole goddamn computer out onto the patio.

Monday, August 3

Approx. 3:30pm: returning home from an afternoon of transporting mommy and stepdaddy to their appointments, I try to log back in to try my order again, or at least see of there's any updated info...

Approx. 3:40pm: Have to reset my password just to get in to my account, despite the fact that it recognizes me by name already when I first went to the WB site...Never changed password from the initial sign up night before, but whatever...what the fuck #1...

Approx. 3:42pm: After resetting the password and having to change it again to something I pick out myself, proceed to "My Account" area, where it has everything stored from yesterday, except any trace of my order, which I had actually received an order # for on the confirmation screen. interestingly enough though, there was never any email indicating the problem they described on screen, so I had no way to pull up the order # I saw the night before...WTF #2...

Approx. 3:43pm: Trying to order the title again, I now see that there's no trace of the title at all, anywhere in the archives section, pre-order area, or anywhere else.... WTF #3...

Approx. 4:17pm: Just got off the phone with a salesgirl from WB.com, who can't explain why the title isn't showing up anymore, but got approval from "someone" on her end to sell the title to me over the phone....However, the total price including shipping is now 10.00 more than my entire invoice was from the night before, so I politely say "no thanks" and that's that.

http://www.nightofthesorcerers.com
MrKateB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:26 PM   #14
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Sounds like a big PITA (Pain in the ass).

Was the second smokable material DMT?
Old 08-09-2009, 12:41 AM   #15
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Just watched this, it was pretty decent. Could have used more giant Razorback action, but overall worth a watch. I think the 80's music video visual vibe the film had actually worked for it too.

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote