Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > Euro Horror

Old 08-19-2008, 10:34 PM   #1
Crystal Plumage
Dig me..but don't bury me

Shameless praparing to release Footprints/Le Orme...Yep,another Giallo

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071950/

I guess some of you know it by its Video title Primal Impulse.
Directed by the man who gave us The Fifth Cord:Luigi Bazzoni.
Quote:
we really wanted to put out Footprints aka Le Orme but materials are a nightmare to the extent where we still do plan to do it
..but it will take a while...

According to "The Book" the movie is flawed but could've been a classic.
I'm interested (dreamsequences with bouncing astronauts really sound like fun!) and will keep you guys (and Vlachio ) posted.

Meanwhile:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjM-idRJvVk
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkBkB...eature=related

Great music!
Old 08-20-2008, 12:40 AM   #2
rhett

Always wanted to see this, mainly because my main man Vittorio Storaro lensed this bad boy. I'll definitely check it out if it is cleaned up, since I already have the VHS. I guess I've just been holding out for a proper widescreen release given the quality of the cinematography.

I've also always had something for the Bolkan. There's a sort of weighty elegance to her that sets her apart from her European peers. Even when she's running from a plastic bat in A LIZARD IN A WOMAN'S SKIN, she still exudes glamor. As if I needed Kinski for a sale, but since he's here too, all the better. Bring it on!
Old 08-20-2008, 06:45 AM   #3
Erick H.
HackMaster

I've never seen this one but it looks fun.
Erick H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 01:08 PM   #4
Crystal Plumage

Here's what Whiggles wrote some time ago:
Quote:
Footprints on the Moon is considerably more avant-garde than its predecessor. While The Fifth Cord was essentially the work of an experimental crew saddled with a conventional script, this one makes absolutely no attempt to be "normal". Right from the start something seems to be off: there is a sense of distance and artificiality, conveyed by the careful camerawork and set dressing. The washed-out pan and scan transfer of my copy makes it difficult to appreciate the cinematography, but even so Bazzoni and Storaro's fascinating use of angles and geometric architecture is readily evident.
Read the full "story" here:
http://whiggles.landofwhimsy.com/arc..._the_moon.html

I wonder,if it ever gets a release,which cover they'll use since the original artwork has already been used by X-Rated Kult for their Watch Me When I Kill DVD:

Old 09-25-2008, 08:43 PM   #5
Crystal Plumage

Tiny update-ish thingy something blurb whatsit:
Quote:
Yeah Footprints is going to take a while but I'd agree with every word above - it's another case of us falling for a film and wondering what can be done with it.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:10 PM   #6
Crystal Plumage

And another update by Almar (Mr.Shameless):
Quote:
Well as long as the materials that have been tracked down are in good enough nick then SHAM020 will most likely be Footprints which ain't no regular Bava/Argento etc.

As long as materials can be tracked down then some more rarities would be good and whilst 2009 looks very bleak for DVD retail as we've known it there's no shortage of interesting titles that are being weighed-up by a variety of labels I'm working with - including Shameless but I suspect with the current everyone-holding-their-breath to see what happens with the economy that for the next few months there won't be much in the way of announcements on new titles from anyone - I hardly know any labels currently buying films- the Euro is horrible, the dollar not much better and if Zavvi go then that's scary (although the impact on a variety of labels is nil given their stocking of late) but let's see - if there's one thing that is clear from the past few months that is that no one knows anything!
Old 03-18-2009, 10:33 PM   #7
Crystal Plumage

Ooh, it's really coming!!

Yes folks, one of the more obscure (and weird) titles will get a DVD release this year:

Quote:
Ok - it's going to be Footprints and if you need some proof here's a lovely little teaser trailer put together by Marc Morris. Please note the footage used is not in great nick and the film will look better!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiHjB...e=channel_page
http://www.shameless-films.com/forum...&postcount=181

I'm uber excited!
Old 04-10-2009, 09:35 PM   #8
Crystal Plumage

More recent news:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shameless
By all accounts the master is looking better than hoped as well which I'm excited about because the visuals are the real power of this baby
Old 05-22-2009, 09:25 PM   #9
Crystal Plumage

Available for preorder:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Footprints-D...3023601&sr=1-1
Old 06-29-2009, 10:36 PM   #10
Crystal Plumage

This is going to be soooo wonderful!

The latest:

Quote:
Well I think it only fair people here might get to see the covers we're contemplating and are not locked down by any means.

The left is the front and the right is the reverse.

Quote:
Never before released in the world on DVD!

A highly regarded giallo thriller this stars Florinda Bolkan of Shameless s best-selling title Flavia The Heretic plus cult and world cinema favourite Klaus Kinski (Nosferatu). Boasting breath-taking cinematography by Vittorio Storaro (The Last Emperor, Apocalypse Now) the focus of the Shameless release is to produce a release focused on an AV presentation of the film never before thought possible.

Italian filmmaker Luigi Bazzoni (THE FIFTH CORD) directed this stylish and surrealistic giallo thriller reminiscent of such paranoid classics of the form as PERFUME OF THE LADY IN BLACK and ALL THE COLOURS OF THE DARK. Florinda Bolkan stars as a translator named Alice Cespi, whose life is falling apart due to strange memories from childhood when she was forced to watch a film called 'Footprints On The Moon' involving an unethical experiment in leaving astronauts stranded on the moon's surface. Alice has terrible dreams and begins to become addicted to tranquilizers, desperate to shake surreal visions such as being chased across a beach by fully attired astronauts. The drugs and her deteriorating mental condition cause her to miss work and she is eventually fired, whereupon she travels to a dilapidated former tourist area called Garma after receiving a mysterious postcard. There, she runs into a girl named Paula Burton (Nicoletta Elmi from PROFONDO ROSSO), who tells her that she looks exactly like another woman, Nicole, currently staying at the faded resort. Alice then encounters a series of strange people and circumstances, all leading her closer to unlocking the possibly deadly mystery. Shot by award-winning cinematographer Vittorio Storaro (APOCALYPSE NOW), the film is based on Mario Fenelli's novel LAS HUERRAS.

Full specs as follows:

1.85:1 / 16x9 / Progressive encode
English audio (with English subtitles for scenes not dubbed into English)
Italian audio (with English subtitles + Italian subtitles for English dialogue scenes)
Theatrical Trailer
English Opening Credits
US Video Teaser
Gallery
20 x Shameless Marathon Teaser Trailer Show

Coming: 29th August!
http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/show...2080#post32080

Genuine Giallo Goodness!
Old 06-30-2009, 07:05 PM   #11
Horror Junkie

Sounds pretty strange.... I'd probably check this one out as I'm a big fan of the Giallo genre. Is this one a bloodless entry into the cannon? I greatly apprechiated Strip Nude For Your Killer, Death Carries a Cane (gotta love bootlegs), The Bloodstained Shadow and pretty much everything Argento and Fulci put out. However I hated sitting through Black belly of the Turantula, Watch Me When I Kill and on the first viewing i hated The Short Night of Glass Dolls after a second viewing I fell in love with it and now its a favourite.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:54 PM   #12
Crystal Plumage

Whether or not a Giallo is bloodless, doesn't matter to me. Black Belly is a favorite and The Bird with the Crystal Plumage is pretty bloodless as well. Still it's one of the best Gialli out there.

I haven't seen Footprints and haven't read anything about any bloodshed. Does it matter? I say no. The story promises to be weird and the direction top notch. It's a no brainer if you ask me
Old 06-30-2009, 09:29 PM   #13
Jeremy
Closet SCREAM fan

Eh, saw this once many years ago and wasn't impressed - although it was the Sinister Cinema DVD-R that I was watching, so who knows in what ways it was compromised...
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:33 PM   #14
Crystal Plumage

Well, I AM impressed with this:

Quote:
Here's some grabs from the Shameless DVD - Due out August 31st

http://www.lovelockandload.net/forum...48993#msg48993

And for a good read, the continuing saga of the Footprints DVD:
Quote:
looking at things like German TV masters and then finally finding better materials in Italy (which weren't supposed to exist!) and then getting to do his amazing job of re-inserting missing footage.
http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/show...?t=776&page=33

And the great thing is, it'll include both English and Italian audio. With subs (as stated before)
Old 09-21-2009, 04:50 AM   #15
f.ramses
Maniac

I was really 50/50 on getting this one but I'm glad I picked it up. The lack of blood and low body count is something that occasionally bores me but story wise the movie is good so I was entertained throughout the whole movie without missing it or anything, it kept me guessing and wondering what I'd find out next instead. The ending was good and is what makes the movie so enjoyably bleak however I will also say that I did find it to be a bit predictable.
Le Orme was priced a little higher than most of the other Shameless title's I've purchased however I think that these releases are a pretty good deal even getting them shipped to the US from Amazon UK.
f.ramses is offline   Reply With Quote