Old 07-10-2010, 02:52 AM   #31
TheCoroner
Victim

Thanks Buck.

Possibly Juggalo
Old 07-10-2010, 10:58 AM   #32
Copyboy
Maniac

Thanks for reviving this thread, guys. I wanted to order this and couldn't remember the name of it, but I knew I had read about it on here so I was searching the forum for "living dead" with no luck!

Just ordered the DVD and CD. Woo hoo!

Last edited by Copyboy; 07-10-2010 at 11:03 AM.
Copyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 11:03 AM   #33
TheCoroner
Victim

Thanks for the orders Copyboy. Dont' forget to look for the easter eggs on the DVD - Enjoy!

AUTOPSY of the DEAD was reviewed by Tim Ferrante (Video Vérité) in the latest issue of Videoscope (#74 Spring 2010)

"...Remarkably, these overdue interviews carry a warm emotional vibe. By casting the light of recognition on unknown and forgotten contributors, it's clear that they're as excited in sharing their experiences as we are in hearing them ...AUTOPSY ably extracts lingering NIGHT lore from many untapped sources. It has, however, accomplished appreciably more. It has bestowed the horror classic with a sense of heart, adding to a film that will forever scare the very breath out of its captivated audience. "

Last edited by TheCoroner; 07-10-2010 at 04:37 PM.
TheCoroner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:29 AM   #34
TheCoroner
Victim

Sneak peek of the some previews from the location supplement on the AUTOPSY Of The DEAD DVD entitled "Locations Of The Dead" where you will see all the locations from Night Of The Living Dead in detail with then/now comparisons.

Latent Image Basement Tour Preview with Kyra Schon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ske0OBiu5NY

Evans City Cemetery Tour Preview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZtQKdX9vTo

Old 07-22-2010, 01:42 AM   #35
Hatchetwarrior
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattyjoe37 View Post
Not interested. The "One for the Fire" doc on the Dimension disc is enough for me.
Agreed, I've seen so many documentaries and interviews dissecting this film to pieces that there is very little left to converse about. The hour and a half documentary on the 40th anniversary is more than enough for me.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:27 AM   #36
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchetwarrior View Post
Agreed, I've seen so many documentaries and interviews dissecting this film to pieces that there is very little left to converse about. The hour and a half documentary on the 40th anniversary is more than enough for me.
I disagree. Those are soulless docs from the same recycled people. Autopsy of the Dead has the same love and attention that the Never Sleep Again documentary received.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:50 PM   #37
TheCoroner
Victim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchetwarrior View Post
AUTOPSY is completely different than any other documentary on the film but then again it is designed for fans of the original NOTLD rather than for the casual viewer.

Very little to converse about? - At 2 hr 24 minutes, AUTOPSY Of The DEAD is filled with 21 interviews with a majority of people who have never spoken before on the film including placing several of the actors back in the original filming locations such as the newsroom set location (Hardman Associates), Basement location (Latent Image), and Farm House location/fields. Not to mention the interview about "The Animators" work on NOTLD.

Or an extensive supplement section on the DVD including an amazing "Locations of the Dead supplement detailing then and now comparisons with all the locations from the film/Archive of the Dead (Never before seen Props from the film)/behind the scenes filmed footage on NOTLD/rare and never before seen photos including color ones, Original Theatrical Trailers, TV & Radio Spots, Original Publicity Still Gallery and more. And unlike the 40th anniversary documentary we actually show the section of the basement location where most of those scenes took place.

But like you said there's probably little left to converse about

Last edited by TheCoroner; 08-13-2010 at 06:29 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:04 PM   #38
spawningblue
Deadite

I plan on grabbing this one hopefully in the next month or so, as soon as I have some more cash flow.

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:10 PM   #39
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawningblue View Post
I plan on grabbing this one hopefully in the next month or so, as soon as I have some more cash flow.
You won't be disappointed. I wish these guys would do Dawn next.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:13 PM   #40
MisterTwister
HackMaster

The One for the fire doc was good but didn't go into enough detail for me. This sounds better.

I'll check it out ASAP.
MisterTwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 05:11 AM   #41
TheCoroner
Victim

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17thJuggalo View Post
Any chance that this will be show in or around the Pittsburgh area?

Enjoy 17thJuggalo

Autopsy Of The Dead Screening at HorrorRealm in Pittsburgh, PA Sept 17-19. Check their website for an update on the screening time. This screening is for the shorter 100 minute version of the NOTLD documentary, Autopsy Of The Dead. The Autopsy DVD version is 124 minutes plus extras.

Also appearing at the show are Night Of The Living Dead alumni/Autopsy Of The Dead stars:
-Kyra Schon (Karen Cooper)
-Bill Hinzman (Cemetery Zombie)
- Gary Streiner (Posse Member/Sound/the keeper of the fire )
- Bill Cardille (Saturday noon to 4 PM only)
- Rick Catizone: animator, Night of the Living Dead, Creepshow, Creepshow 2 , Evil Dead 2
- Joseph Unitas: lighting supervisor
- Dave James: ghoul
- Herbert Summer: ghoul shot by Duane Jones at the gas pump
- Charles Craig: newscaster, Ghoul, posse member

Last edited by TheCoroner; 09-18-2010 at 09:16 PM.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:34 PM   #42
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoroner View Post
Autopsy Of The Dead Screening at HorrorRealm in Pittsburgh, PA Sept 17-19. Check their website for an update on the screening time. This screening is for the shorter 100 minute version of the NOTLD documentary, Autopsy Of The Dead. The Autopsy DVD version is 124 minutes plus extras.
Despite the eight hour drive, I'm going to try and get out there.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:56 PM   #43
17thJuggalo
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoroner View Post

Enjoy 17thJuggalo

Also appearing at the show are Night Of The Living Dead alumni/Autopsy Of The Dead stars:
-Kyra Schon (Karen Cooper)
-Bill Hinzman (Cemetery Zombie)
- Gary Streiner (Posse Member/Sound/the keeper of the fire )
- Bill Cardille (Saturday noon to 4 PM only)
- Rick Catizone: animator, Night of the Living Dead, Creepshow, Creepshow 2 , Evil Dead 2
- Joseph Unitas: lighting supervisor
- Dave James: ghoul
- Herbert Summer: ghoul shot by Duane Jones at the gas pump
- Charles Craig: newscaster, Ghoul, posse member

I was there that last year and I'll definitely be there this year as well.
17thJuggalo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 02:02 PM   #44
Copyboy
Maniac

Finally finished watching all of the special features on this last night. These guys did a fantastic job here. I HIGHLY recommend this one as well as the soundtrack CD. Great customer service too - I ordered directly from their site and they refunded me $4 just because shipping is included in the price of each item. They totally didn't have to do that as I never would have known the difference.

Every time Kyra Schon is on screen she cracked me up. She has this hilarious, sarcastic sense of humor that comes through in every story she tells. Totally reminds me of Nancy Loomis' Annie or Sandy. LOVED this documentary!
Copyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:52 PM   #45
TheCoroner
Victim

Thanks Copyboy.

Autopsy Of The Dead was just nominated for Direct To Video Title of the Year. We appreciate all the support.

Online voting continues until Oct. 1
http://www.homemediamagazine.com/Reaper-Vote-2010
The Awards ceremony will be Oct 12 at the historic Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel.

Just a reminder - The Horror Realm (Pittsburgh PA) screening of Autopsy of The Dead is Sept 18th, Saturday, at 9pm.